Sea Eagles V Storm [Round 1 2014] discussion tread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Great to be positive but impossible to cover up a 20 point lead.....the excuses get harder & in the end...its simply a poor loss

I did something I rarely do, I bet on Manly and that was probably our undoing.

Chip and Chase said:
There's gotta be an investigation, that was ridiculous. C'mon.

I was going to post that I can see a 10k fine coming up for Tooves

Dan said:
No doubt your fault Dan
Simply needed a Manly win for a quick 350 after winning Briz/penrith & up by 20 i am in the que......oh well ?

maxta said:
Dan said:
No doubt your fault Dan
Simply needed a Manly win for a quick 350 after winning Briz/penrith & up by 20 i am in the que......oh well ?

Yup I had a $25 bet on Brisbane/Penrith/Manly

god damn it, that will teach me to bet. I was already planning what I was going to do with my winnings

Woeful discipline in the second half.

Relatively poor refereeing.

No Snake.

Also, the boys looked well and truly buggered after 55-60mins??

We seemed awfully small in the middle compared to the scum too...

Ah well long way to go, I'm not writing off the boys yet...

Dan said:
Chip and Chase said:

I was talking more about our performance rather than the refs. We played like morons in that second half. Refs weren't great but they don't lose you a game from 20-0 up on your home turf. Perplexing problem that we seem to have with second half fades, it's been going on for a few seasons now.

Poor loss. Though the scum had the bulk of possession in the second half they seemed to over power us up the middle for long periods.
Hope snake is ok we certainly missed him.
Georgie played well.

Chip and Chase said:
Dan said:
Chip and Chase said:

I was talking more about our performance rather than the refs. We played like morons in that second half. Refs weren't great but they don't lose you a game from 20-0 up on your home turf. Perplexing problem that we seem to have with second half fades, it's been going on for a few seasons now.

They do when their penalties for absolute rubbish hand the opposition 80% of the possession.

It's like they were trying to one-up each other for who can make the worst call.

Our discipline wasn't bad, it was just our ball handling twice, the rest were rubbish calls and they completely ignored blatant errors and penalties that should have gone the other way. It was a complete and obvious square up

im so peed off,bad refereeing for one but despite that being 20 points up at home we should have won,its early days and I did see enough in the first half to know we will be a threat this year,but ffs cmon boys!No stewyin the second half and we did miss him,PETA hiku cmon cant we drop this gu already!Dunno what to say im not happy,early days though and some positives :(

As much I like Snake & hate to say it,
at the end of last year I thought maybe we should blood a new FB.
When he's good, he's magic, but coming on & off is too unsettling for the team.
I thought his kicking tonight would only aggravate his hamstring trouble.

6/71 said:
Hiku's hands and Chez' brain fades for mine.

Very happy with Starling and Blair.

Stupidity not brain snap - it was a win given away. Oh we'll back to my beer - now if that had been wolf man everyone would be calling for blood. Next week hey guys:)

hillbillyjazzer1954 said:
Dan said:
Once my wife gets home, I think I am going to have to go into Centrum and go to a coffeeshop just to calm down

Yep go and mull over the dreadful ref decisions and weed out the bad feelings :p:p:p

Its the only way I can see myself relaxing at any point today.

urrgh have a migraine coming on, and Matilda is in ballistic missile mode, this is not going to be a good Saturday

Dan said:
clean drop and we get penalised by the ref who wasn't standing right on top of it and had no problem with it

This is what really $hits me. Refs see stuff in the run of play and let it go only for the other ref ( who's further away ) or the video ref looks at something if someone stays down. Even Brandy tonight got frustrated - "c'mon just make a decision!". Not to mention the touchie on the near side missing about 6 forward passes from both teams - the only called on his side he missed- it was called by the ref. The amount of forward passés they missed from dummy half last night is ridiculous.
What was the possession count in the 2nd half? We were lucky to take it to extra time to be honest.
25 rounds to go and we'll be thereabouts.
PS - to all the Snake naysayers...pay him whatever it takes

Dan said:
Chip and Chase said:
Dan said:
Chip and Chase said:

They do when their penalties for absolute rubbish hand the opposition 80% of the possession.

It's like they were trying to one-up each other for who can make the worst call.

Our discipline wasn't bad, it was just our ball handling twice, the rest were rubbish calls and they completely ignored blatant errors and penalties that should have gone the other way. It was a complete and obvious square up

If that is the standard of referring we are going to start off the year with, it's going to be a tragic year all-round.
The NRL and Fox have obviously done a deal not to highlight(replay) any close-calls or complete f@ck ups by the refs (Matais, BJ's, Horos etc). Brandy was practically pleading for replays several times, but nothing, There was plenty of time to replay George dropping the ball in the ruck just before full time. Tooves needs to give it to these two pricks straight up.:mad:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6