SeaEagles v Knights Rd2 Game day thread #GoManly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

What will be the Margin

• Manly 1-4

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Manly 5-8

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Manly 9-12

Votes: 24 40.7%
  • Manly 13+

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle 1-6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle 7-12

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Newcastle 13+

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
this will show manlys metal,knights are my dark horse pick,i think its bennetts touch more than the individual player.they will beat some good sides this year

When was the last time Newcastle won at Brookie? Must be a long time ago. Sue, Newcastle will be tough, but we have more game winners.

The Who said:
When was the last time Newcastle won at Brookie? Must be a long time ago. Sue, Newcastle will be tough, but we have more game winners.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 32
There are a lot of positives for us this week. Such as having 3 days more to prepare than the Knights do. They had a good win at home but we won well away and although we didn't score as many points, we completely dominated and demoralized the massive Broncos pack. Our back line is far superior and our forwards have got the edge too. We beat them in the forwards, we win.

I thought Kite and Lawrence were two of our best last Friday, can't wait to see them rip into the Knights forwards this Sunday.
Also hoping Symonds get a chance to show his worth, massive competition for backrow positions this year....great work Dave Warwick.

Newcastle won well, but if you look at the total possession, it was something like 70/30, and at one stage for about 15 minutes it was something like 95/5, and Newcastle were far from great, it's just that nothing went right for the Tigers.
With those stats, it would have been hard for any team to win.

Peter C said:
Newcastle won well, but if you look at the total possession, it was something like 70/30, and at one stage for about 15 minutes it was something like 95/5, and Newcastle were far from great, it's just that nothing went right for the Tigers.
With those stats, it would have been hard for any team to win.

Agree. Plus our discipline is the key - Brisbane never would have led Manly if we didn't concede 5 or 6 penalties in a row.

No team can win a game of league with a little over 30percent of the ball. It was obvious that any kick to the little Tigers winger was going to work. And, it seemed to me that the Tigers had no game plan whatsoever. All they do is give it to Marshall to run around with or Saint Robbie to barge over from dummy half. The odd occasion when the Tigers got to Drugcastles line, they scored. and, from memory at one stage the penalty rate was 8 to 1. The tigers are in for a long season of losses. We will win this with discipline, strong defense and a superior team across the paddock and Foz will see to Mullen. He was given way to much latitude by the hapless Tiggers.

Jealous of anyone in the Jim Beam Lounge on Sunday evening for this game. Great place to brush shoulders with some real legends of our club. Footy is back at Brookie!

We will win this. Our guys eat controversy for breakfast, follow up with scandal for morning tea, and after lunch they enjoy a game of political football. None of these dramas will put us off at all.

1st game @ Brookie for us & Manly this year, lookin' forward to driving down.

I have a few beers, a bottle of wine, a few bets and my footy tips all on the mighty Maroon & Whites.. Go Manly!

This is a tougher game for us than round 1 @ Lang Park - if we lapse for 10 or 15 mins the likes of Uate, Boyd & Gagai are going to lay a few tries on us.
Our boys will have to be up for it.. We can do it!

Manly to win by 12 pts: (28-16 @ FT).
Crowd: 14863.

ssar said:

I hope you are right ssar.
I have backed Manly to win 28-16 in every game they have played for the last two years.
Haven't had a collect yet.
Sunday might be the day. :D

Clint said:
ssar said:

I hope you are right ssar.
I have backed Manly to win 28-16 in every game they have played for the last two years.
Haven't had a collect yet.
Sunday might be the day. :D

How close have you been

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8