SeaEagles v Sharks @Brookie Rd6 Heritage round Game day thread #GoManly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Pick the Margin Manly v Sharks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hoppa did nothing wrong in that tackle. Simpkins wasn't even going to blow a penalty until the video ref got in his ear. Galloway, total cat.

We used to have one of those tennis style corporate boxes in the Jane try stand right on the 20m line. From there, at the time, it looked like a great hit. The whole crown cheered. No one jeered until they saw the replay.

I was in the opposite corner with a Sharkies fan I knew and it was one of the loudest impacts I'd ever heard from such a distance.

DSM5 said:
Hoppa did nothing wrong in that tackle. Simpkins wasn't even going to blow a penalty until the video ref got in his ear. Galloway, total cat.

I love your unwavering loyalty, but that was a send off any day of the week.

DSM5 said:

Is that sarcasm?

Chip and Chase said:
DSM5 said:

I love your unwavering loyalty, but that was a send off any day of the week.

It looked awesome from the Hill (I was behind Hoppa) and didn't seem to be a head shot until the replay - I blame the height of the tackle on Galloway - he is too tall to play league and is a danger to himself and others.

Rex said:
Ceagle said:
Cronulla always play us tough at Brookie, does anyone have their record playing @ Brookie?

Yeah. The Sharks have won 6 matches at Brookie since coming into the comp in 1967. 45 years.

No that's an understatement - 46 years.

And as per Round 5, 1967, think the score will again be 39 - 5.
Ha. make that 40 - 6. Jorge to score 5 tries, equalling Les Hannigan's record.

The Chooks may have done us a favour (I mean even apart from smashing the team we don't like much) because their high-scoring shut-out might give our guys a little motivation to maintain their own defensive record. I saw this match as having some potential for a little complacency but less so now.

I still reckon the Hoppa elbow contact was minimal & it wasn't what knocked him out. It was the hitting the ground impact.

Gotta be honest im a bit apprehensive about this game tomorrow, just a feeling I have about it

On the flip side I'm also fairly confident of a Snake double tomorrow as well

I'm with you KE the games we should win easily have so often been the games we fail in ( well over the last few years anyway)

34-0 prediction

Difference between Hasler and Toovey is that Hasler was happy to grind a win. Sure, he led us to a record 40-0 title but that was a most welcome anomaly. Toovey captained our magical late nineties team to multiple grand final stages. We were the team of the late nineties and used to put teams to the sword. Our star studded team back them would not hesitate to put on a score and all led by Toovey.

Mark from Brisbane said:
I'm with you KE the games we should win easily have so often been the games we fail in ( well over the last few years anyway)

Yep, we should win it but the Sharks always give us a tough game, they have enough power in the forwards to turn it into a dogfight and that would suit them nicely. Hopefully a nice clear day and dry track for us as well, they will struggle to contain us in this conditions

Apparently the Sharks played their U20's side on Thursday in an opposed session/game....AND LOST!!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4