SeaEagles v Titans Rd3 Game day thread #GoManly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Pick the Margin Manly v Titans

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's a home game for us going by the large amount of Manly fans living in SE QLD not to mention the tits are pulling some seriously alarming crowd numbers. I was @ the Raiders/Titans game and the official crowd number was 12Kish but it didn't even come close to half that. I could've tied 10 cats together and swung em around without hitting anyone.....

Mark from Brisbane said:
Bloody hard to read (even with glasses) but I get the drift.

The problem these "new sides" have is they don't have "rusted on" fans like we do (or at least not in the numbers we do) and worse still many of their fans / members actually go for other teams but just love the footy so become a member just so they see some live games AND, then when the team is not going as well they just vanish, often to never return.

The last few times we have played there we have have had more numbers in the stands than the home team, last year in round 26 I swear we had 2 to their 1, amazing for an away home game to dominate the crowd in such a way.

And further to this (and not mentioned in the article) is the passion WE bring to the game, compared to what THEY bring to the game, the noise we will make will far outweigh anything they can muster, and it will be OUR team who will hear the Manly chants and be lifted by that, and it will be THEIR team who will get booed as they run out.

The Bronco's "Rally Towels" a week ago were meant to be a direct action against the wildly vocal Manly fans (and sadly for the Donkeys it failed miserably). lod knows what the Titans might try this week.

I don't expect it to be much different on Saturday, possibly a bigger crowd by a bit but not much...and 12,000 there last Sunday....pfft, more like about 6,000.

Whilst every person attending the game on Saturday isn't there as a result of what we do, I am very proud of what we have achieved in the last 7 years in getting a "wall of sound" at away games.

I know for a fact the players are very aware of this, and love it!!

Re: Round 26, I think they definitely had more fans than us, but your point about our numbers being condensed into a small area, is at play here. We can create a strong opposition environment, the Titans fans are spread around the remaining 80% of the ground and struggle to get any sort of noise going.

SEQ has always had a strong support base of Manly fans and it is paying off now that we are getting at least two definite games in the schedule up here to capitalise on it.

Joey said:
It's a home game for us going by the large amount of Manly fans living in SE QLD not to mention the tits are pulling some seriously alarming crowd numbers. I was @ the Raiders/Titans game and the official crowd number was 12Kish but it didn't even come close to half that. I could've tied 10 cats together and swung em around without hitting anyone.....

Damn straight. The game last year- us v them- they said was 12 k crowd. It was at least twice the crowd of the Canberra game. And Manly fans outnumbered them 2-1!

Hamster Huey said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Bloody hard to read (even with glasses) but I get the drift.

The problem these "new sides" have is they don't have "rusted on" fans like we do (or at least not in the numbers we do) and worse still many of their fans / members actually go for other teams but just love the footy so become a member just so they see some live games AND, then when the team is not going as well they just vanish, often to never return.

The last few times we have played there we have have had more numbers in the stands than the home team, last year in round 26 I swear we had 2 to their 1, amazing for an away home game to dominate the crowd in such a way.

And further to this (and not mentioned in the article) is the passion WE bring to the game, compared to what THEY bring to the game, the noise we will make will far outweigh anything they can muster, and it will be OUR team who will hear the Manly chants and be lifted by that, and it will be THEIR team who will get booed as they run out.

The Bronco's "Rally Towels" a week ago were meant to be a direct action against the wildly vocal Manly fans (and sadly for the Donkeys it failed miserably). lod knows what the Titans might try this week.

I don't expect it to be much different on Saturday, possibly a bigger crowd by a bit but not much...and 12,000 there last Sunday....pfft, more like about 6,000.

Whilst every person attending the game on Saturday isn't there as a result of what we do, I am very proud of what we have achieved in the last 7 years in getting a "wall of sound" at away games.

I know for a fact the players are very aware of this, and love it!!

Re: Round 26, I think they definitely had more fans than us, but your point about our numbers being condensed into a small area, is at play here. We can create a strong opposition environment, the Titans fans are spread around the remaining 80% of the ground and struggle to get any sort of noise going.

SEQ has always had a strong support base of Manly fans and it is paying off now that we are getting at least two definite games in the schedule up here to capitalise on it.

Probably correct, if you garnered all those fans into one end they might have had a few more than us but only just!!

All I can say is it's rare to play there now without that whole area at the back almost totally full of Manly fans.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Article from the Gold Coast.com.au today : http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2013/03/20/448966_crime-and-court-news.html

Hi Phill here is tomorrows headline : Innocent man bashed at Manly Team Hotel, players not yet cleared.*

* no players were in Qld at the time.

Let me clear one thing up: 4.30pm start in GC? Means of course 5.30pm start in Sydney. Just don't want to misread things and turn up to the local in Castle Hill an hour after kick off.

captainskin said:
Let me clear one thing up: 4.30pm start in GC? Means of course 5.30pm start in Sydney. Just don't want to misread things and turn up to the local in Castle Hill an hour after kick off.

Yes synchronize your watches

1PM it starts with NSWCup Manly V Tigers

I read that qld is considering putting their clocks back an hour from next week so they can continue to be different and special all year.

Should be an awesome match up, up front. I expect a brutish game

Going to change my tip here. It's a very hot, humid ,steamy day here, Titans forwards are fired for this and i can see Bird giving us heaps of trouble like he did last year. I think the heat will affect us badly seeing as how it's a 430pm start. Titans by 6

mickqld said:
Going to change my tip here. It's a very hot, humid ,steamy day here, Titans forwards are fired for this and i can see Bird giving us heaps of trouble like he did last year. I think the heat will affect us badly seeing as how it's a 430pm start. Titans by 6

Lol

mickqld said:

Feeling a whole lot more confident now! Thanks Mick.

Titans played last Sunday in over 30deg and 1000% humidity and 5 of them had a 24hr bug during the week. I'd expect our forwards to be at least matching theirs and the backs and reserves to dominate their opposites.
Manly 13+

manlyfan76 said:
Titans played last Sunday in over 30deg and 1000% humidity and 5 of them had a 24hr bug during the week. I'd expect our forwards to be at least matching theirs and the backs and reserves to dominate their opposites.
Manly 13+
Hope they're not contagious.:s

Anyone up here in Darwin going to watch it?
Wanna get down to a local?
I'm out Palmy way if anyone interested.
Probably go to The Hub.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8