Sean Kenny Dowell

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I'm most certainly not excusing having a few snorts of coke, but honestly, how hard would it be for a young man, easily lead, to avoid it, especially in that environment, and at that age?

And it is rampant, and across all codes. Ive literally seen it.

Give the kid a break. It's not like he's pumping steroids. Andrew Johns admitted to being on ecstacy regularly. Illegal, yes, but never hurt anyone, including his career in moderation. If it's to the point of self harm or hurtuing anyone else - then I have an issue.

I know people look at drug usage differently, and I respect that. But to have your career killed off because of a few lines of coke? Come on.

Let the kid play. 2 weeks, like Proctor & Bromwhich.

Everyone is being too hard. I also understand that horrible under current of drug abuse too, and agree with the people against it. Socially, and non harmful, I have no qualms. Not my cup of tea, but each to their own.

I'm most certainly not excusing having a few snorts of coke, but honestly, how hard would it be for a young man, easily lead, to avoid it, especially in that environment, and at that age?

Give the kid a break. It's not like he's pumping steroids. Andrew Johns admitted to being on ecstacy regularly. Illegal, yes, but never hurt anyone, including his career in moderation. If it's to the point of self harm or hurtuing anyone else - then I have an issue.

I know people look at drug usage differently, and I respect that. But to have your career killed off because of a few lines of coke? Come on.

Everyone is being too hard. I also understand that horrible under current of drug abuse too, and agree with the people against it. Socially, and non harmful, I have no qualms. Not my cup of tea, but each to their own.

The NRL is attempting to protect these young men from themselves :nod:

The 'feel good' factor ends badly for most who use these 'non harmful' substances.

If it didn't affect the brain, there would be no high:cool:

This is such a timely story of a sad devolution of a young man's life - currently being ignored by the very same demographic @:cool:
1) Ben Cousins rewarding himself with cocaine
http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2010-08-26/cousins-comes-clean-on-drug-binges/958270

Jump 7 years

2) Ben Cousins hooked on meth and in jail
http://www.news.com.au/sport/sports...l/news-story/abf3e1c540da6015b5b5312dcfdd48ae

All users believe that they can avoid addiction.
But more than a few end up with psychological issues and a limit in their life milestones like relationships, career and contentment :confused:

Wendal sailor was stood down from playing any sport for a minimum of 2 years for taking cocaine when playing for the tahs. This was a ruling by the Australian and international anti doping federation. Why not the same sentence these days?

Wendal sailor was stood down from playing any sport for a minimum of 2 years for taking cocaine when playing for the tahs. This was a ruling by the Australian and international anti doping federation. Why not the same sentence these days?

It is, if you get tested and busted by ASADA it is 2 years. These guys were not caught through ASADA testing.

I believe the same ban still applies - but the NRL's 'in house' illicit drugs policy isn't administered by ASADA. Basically, if your regular ASADA/WADA testing picks up cocaine, you'll get a two year ban - but if it's an in-house test, or an arrest, video etc that doesn't actually prove it's in your system, you're basically home free.

I think coke is also banned in competition, but not out of competition - so if you get done with it in your system on match day, you're gone, otherwise you're fine. This may have changed though, there's always a bit of shuffling between the in-competition/out of competition banned lists, and what those terms actually mean is different for different sports.

Are you referring to SKD ?? He's hardly a kid and he's been in the system long enough now to know the ramifications of being busted. Given his high profile issues with domestic unrest and mental health problems last year, I wouldn't have thought he'd be going anywhere near drugs. Not the smartest move on his part.

I couldn't care less about footy players doing a few lines, but I don't have any sympathy for those who are stupid enough to get busted.

Are you referring to SKD ?? He's hardly a kid and he's been in the system long enough now to know the ramifications of being busted. Given his high profile issues with domestic unrest and mental health problems last year, I wouldn't have thought he'd be going anywhere near drugs. Not the smartest move on his part.

I couldn't care less about footy players doing a few lines, but I don't have any sympathy for those who are stupid enough to get busted.

I agree C&C, but at the same time, is it enough to warrant or spell the end of one's career? Who has he hurt?

roosters wanted to get rid of him now it's pretty much done. question is will tigers or knights grab him? Or souths. he's better than either of there centers and wingers

I'm with Ryan on this.
Yes, it's illegal but it's pretty much easier to get and more socially acceptable than pot, so go figure that one out.
They are guilty of being stupidly stupid - ie, having a bag of coke in your pocket walking into a pub/club and doing lines in a public place.

There's a time and place for a lot of things if you don't want to get caught, kind of like masturbation really - you may be enjoying yourself and not be hurting anyone but it's embarrassing if you get caught..... especially in a public place.

Players also sign their contracts that they wont do a range of performance enhancing or recreational drugs. They sign it, it's their mark of their word, their honour, their commitment, their truthfulness.

Yet if it is prevalent (as some people say - I'm not sure) then there's a lot of players out there that don't care about contracts and maybe as a whole they shouldn't complain if clubs re-sign players then move them on before the end of their contracts.

There's also a lot of sports out there that don't give the same "50 strike" policy if you're a star to drug users and a lot of them get stuff all money in comparison.

Anyway - this was just in case people didn't realise the players sign that they wont do drugs....and are then educated intensely about not using them.

Anyway - this was just in case people didn't realise the players sign that they wont do drugs....and are then educated intensely about not using them.
In fairness GE, it's an easy mistake to make.
'Er, I know there's something in my contract about using cocaine, is it Don't use it, or Use it? Bugger I just can't remember right now...'

I think their maths is way off.
Quote:
For every gram of coke snorted in Britain, someone in Colombia will have had their life taken away. Antony Barnett in Cartagena finds hard evidence to back up appeals to end Britain's habit

Last year his team intercepted 20 tonnes of cocaine, but he admits that this is probably one-fifth of what gets past him. Colombia produces 650 tonnes each year - enough to supply the UK cocaine market 13 times over.
End quote

You get a lot of lines out of 50 tonnes of coke, I don't think 50million are dying every year.

I agree C&C, but at the same time, is it enough to warrant or spell the end of one's career? Who has he hurt?
Who has he hurt ?? HIMSELF that's who. So don't whinge and whine about being busted when you know the likely outcome. If you want to do drugs socially then that's fine by me, but don't sign a contract to say you won't and then get all indignant when you do and you get punished.

Why should any of them expect special treatment because the rest of society can do what they please without the scrutiny that RL players are subjected to ? The rest of us aren't paid well above average wage due to corporate sponsorships that demand that the stakeholders in their business adhere to some sort of code of conduct that reflects the values that they want their customers to believe they hold important. I'd bet that there is a good chance that there are employees of the NRL and their associated sponsorsing companies who have done, or are still doing, cocaine. Law of averages is well and truly on my side there, that's the hypocrisy that we are all aware of. But the bottom line is that if you want the cash then you have to play by the rules - or at least be a bit smarter about breaking them.

Maths may be wrong, but the sentiment is right.

Buying coke kills Columbians.

Another argument for legalisation, believe it or not.

If you properly regulate the production, processing, exportation/importation, and sale - you immediately remove most of the criminal gang involvement from the equation. The same as Fair Trade practices have made a difference in areas that produce coffee, chocolate etc.

Another argument for legalisation, believe it or not.

If you properly regulate the production, processing, exportation/importation, and sale - you immediately remove most of the criminal gang involvement from the equation. The same as Fair Trade practices have made a difference in areas that produce coffee, chocolate etc.

Downside of legalisation maybe that the regulating authority then becomes at risk of litigation for any detrimental effects that the drugs have on the user.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11