[Resurrected] Season 2018 your predictions

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Position at the end of round 26

• Minor Premier

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Top 4

Votes: 22 21.8%
  • Bottom 4 ( of top 8)

Votes: 58 57.4%
  • 9-12

Votes: 13 12.9%
  • 13-16

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Wooden Spoon

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Pretty simple girls and boys, a poll on where you think we will finish and your thoughts on the highs , lows , challenges, failures and successes for the season to come.

From my perspective I think it will be a mildly successful year in what is year 3 of a 5 year plan.

Our inability to yet again spend all our cap will again be a factor and at best I can see us just reaching the 8 or equally just missing out possibly on F/A, my prediction is position 8.

Our high will be having 3 players represent in SOO, Jurbo, Turbo and Api.

My lows are we will probably lose againto the Eels and St George ( who seem to be bogie teams in recent years).

Our biggest challenge will be playing teams that the NRL want to be a success this year , think Newcastle / Titans which in years gone by would be considered easy wins, I have a feeling we will be swearing at refs a LOT more this year.

By far our biggest failure has been the inability to attract a quality player ( yes I know outside influences but still it’s a failure), we all know the reasons but it’s just a totally unfair playing field , us v the other 15.

I think our successes this year will be the breakout year for Tom Wright and hopefully young Croker plus I think Brian Kelly may well have a significant lift from last year ( nothing to prove that just a gut feel).

But regardless it’s going to be one of those roller coaster years, some highs, some lows and a lot of high blood pressure times.

Now just bring it on!

Blake A

Reserve Grader
I think we will finish very similar to last year. I'll say we will be 6th again. I think our forward pack is top 4 material, and I think with Koroisau, Cherry-Evans and T. Trbjoevic we have a top 8 spine. I think we will win some games against the top teams, but I still have that nagging feeling we will drop some games we should win. I am not convinced our defence is good enough for a top 4 spot. While I love Taufua and Uate, I see them as vulnerable on defence, especially when defending kicks.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Top 8 for sure. No way top 3, we are not there yet and the storm, roosters, bris and cows are too far advanced in that respect.
If we get a good run with injuries we will get into the 2nd or 3rd week of the finals.

Dogs, tigers, titans, warriors, newcastle, canberra to miss the top 8

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I think we will finish very similar to last year. I'll say we will be 6th again. I think our forward pack is top 4 material, and I think with Koroisau, Cherry-Evans and T. Trbjoevic we have a top 8 spine. I think we will win some games against the top teams, but I still have that nagging feeling we will drop some games we should win. I am not convinced our defence is good enough for a top 4 spot. While I love Taufua and Uate, I see them as vulnerable on defence, especially when defending kicks.

Yep we are a way off yet from having an almost faultless team, although even the Roosters have some players that have similar issues. The trouble is they have less of them than most.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Pretty simple girls and boys, a poll on where you think we will finish and your thoughts on the highs , lows , challenges, failures and successes for the season to come.

From my perspective I think it will be a mildly successful year in what is year 3 of a 5 year plan.

Our inability to yet again spend all our cap will again be a factor and at best I can see us just reaching the 8 or equally just missing out possibly on F/A, my prediction is position 8.

Our high will be having 3 players represent in SOO, Jurbo, Turbo and Api.

My lows are we will probably lose againto the Eels and St George ( who seem to be bogie teams in recent years).

Our biggest challenge will be playing teams that the NRL want to be a success this year , think Newcastle / Titans which in years gone by would be considered easy wins, I have a feeling we will be swearing at refs a LOT more this year.

By far our biggest failure has been the inability to attract a quality player ( yes I know outside influences but still it’s a failure), we all know the reasons but it’s just a totally unfair playing field , us v the other 15.

I think our successes this year will be the breakout year for Tom Wright and hopefully young Croker plus I think Brian Kelly may well have a significant lift from last year ( nothing to prove that just a gut feel).

But regardless it’s going to be one of those roller coaster years, some highs, some lows and a lot of high blood pressure times.

Now just bring it on!

First congratulations for surviving another off season .....

Finish 5th - 8th, but go 2-3 weeks into the finals.

Biggest concerns .... centres ... all much discussed options will go OK .... but need Walker et al to go better than OK to push on into September.

Most interesting for me will be Baz's composition and usage of our forward back ... the inclusion of Lane/Winterstein/Kelepi as possible props, along with GojetSki, Perrett and Sipley completely change the mobility and skill set from last year ..... how this will alter our structure and game tactics will be subtle but telling.

Not so worried about 5/8 ... either Lachie, Hastings or Bill Bloggs .... cometh the hour cometh the man .... we'll get the job done.

Hoping Darcy Lussick fulfils his destiny this year .......

And Mark, when we get cleared we will have the money to pounce on any superstar that becomes disgruntled ..... remember, even if we only have $500k left to spend ... that would get us a $750k player for the rest of the season. ... it will be thus ...

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
This year is very hard to predict where the fck we will end up .
How will our unproven 5/8 stock handle the big match pressure
How will our inexperience centres go and how long will it take for Dylan to get back to his best .
In the end we will finish where we deserve

Not Paul Kent

Reserve Grader
We will battle for 4th with Brisbane, Cronulla and the Dragons

Cowboys
Roosters
Storm
Dragons

Cronulla
Manly
Brisbane
Parramatta

Newcastle
South Sydney
Canberra
Penrith

Warriors
Tigers
Bulldogs
Titans

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Oh, and PSS @Mark from Brisbane

This year Parra are red hot favourites to beat us ..... therefore we will flog 'em .... we will bend them over and make them wish they had never heard of Affur ..... we will teach them the meaning of respect .... we will make 'em bark like labradoodles ... we will twist their ears ... we will pull their noses .... we will hang their bollocks from the scoreboard at Brookie .... we will ....

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
My predictions

Manly
- Flirt with a top 4 finish but ultimately finish around 6th
- Jake, Tom, Cherry and Api to play SOO, Cherry game three after QLD lose 1 and 2
- Tom Wright right to debut and play a handful of games as fill in....conducts himself well but shows he is still a work in progress
- Carney signs early season, Hastings released before June 30
- Brown released to ESL when Fainu shows himself as Apis backup

NRL
- Roosters finish outside top 4 and bounce out week 1 of finals, Cordner and Hargraves lose chunks of season to injury and pack doesn't stand up. Cronk retires at season end to take up fox sports role and Roosters fans pine for Pearce who performs well at Newcastle
- Warriors sack Kearney, hire Hasler and narrowly escape spoon
- Panthers sack Griffen and hire Maguire
- Titans win spoon ahead of St George, Warriors, Dogs and Tigers
- Sharks miss 8
- Cowboys win comp

Silvertails
- Croker performs well in early rounds but doesn't dominate, becomes new whipping boy
- Calls for Barrett to be sacked by round ten despite us sitting in top 8
- when Kelly performs he will be given little praise....on an off day he will be lambasted
- Carney will be praised as a saviour early and fans will want him gone come seasons end....his performances will be somewhere in the middle
- After touching up the Knights, people will work themselves into a lather claiming we are premership certs
- First off performance by Cherry will result in 10 million dollar man tag
- It will be suggested Taufua become a bench backrower after he drops a bomb
-People will continue to push for Lanes inclusion irrespective of his lacking form

Last edited:

Andrew..

Bencher
Tipping Member
If Dylan Walker's comeback is successful and the NRL cuts us some slack over the Salary Cap fiasco then I'm thinking 4th or 5th. Otherwise I see us as a fringe 8 team.

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
I find the pain of unrealised expectations so great that I will always err on the pessimistic side, or to put it another way underpromise in the hope they over deliver. I think the roster quality is roughly the same as last year and our opponents have mostly improved their rosters so we are likely to miss the top 8.
I hope individuals improve enough that we can lift, but I fear the impact of injuries, which is already taken a toll of Walker & Lussick before kick off.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I find the pain of unrealised expectations so great that I will always err on the pessimistic side, or to put it another way underpromise in the hope they over deliver. I think the roster quality is roughly the same as last year and our opponents have mostly improved their rosters so we are likely to miss the top 8.
I hope individuals improve enough that we can lift, but I fear the impact of injuries, which is already taken a toll of Walker & Lussick before kick off.

All good points, think we are another year away from being a force, I said 8th or just miss out, I’ll be happily surprised if that’s not the case.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
The media and general NRL public truly don't rate us it seems. I am delighted that we are very much under the radar. I think that if we repeat last years effort we have done well. I highly suspect internally that Barrett is aiming for a top 4 finish. For the team to achieve this we must not lose games at home and we must improve our ruck defence.

My prediction is that we could finish anywhere between 4th and 10th, such is the evenness of most of the teams. Origin time is likely to be more of a challenge with up to four of our players involved in that series.

I think that the top 3 are North Queensland, Drizzle and Rorters and the bottom 4 are going to be Warriors, Tigers, Knights and Titans.

My prediction is that Jake Turbo will be our player of the year, closely followed by his brother, I expect good seasons from Api, I think that Tom Wright at some stage will be introduced.

My feeling is that we will have our window to win the premiership in 2020, the team is still very much a work in progress and by that time, our championship Holden cup team of last year will be just about ready for first grade. Good times ahead for our club.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16