[Resurrected] Season 2018 your predictions

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Position at the end of round 26

• Minor Premier

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Top 4

Votes: 22 21.8%
  • Bottom 4 ( of top 8)

Votes: 58 57.4%
  • 9-12

Votes: 13 12.9%
  • 13-16

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Wooden Spoon

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
I said finish top 4 with no injuries or in the arse end of the 8 . Should of said arse end of the bottom 8.

I know how you feel Brad. I saw them as maybe 6-3 without injuries about 11th if with injuies with a general feeling of 7-8. I seriously underestimated the loss of Green and the exiling of Hastings. The loss of Sironen had much more impact than I expected. Being without Walker for lengthy periods has impacted badly. But also Manly's back up players chosen in the 30 should have included more of the young guns like Anderson, Funa, Fainu, even Cust. A full strength Manly could have achieved the 8 maybe as close as 4. But next year Manly needs a couple of solid forwards and to bring up the young players into the 30 so we have something to play around with.rather than a bunch of second graders who offer safe and slow only.

Last edited:

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Injuries and the instability of a different team EVERY week has killed off any chance of making the top 8.

And from the performance on Thursday night it’s clear the players know it and no longer give a ****!!

Which is sad, as where there’s breath there’s hope!

BrendonStarr

Reserve Grader
Having Paseka back will be massive, Jorge is looking good, we obviously need Tom & Jake in the team every week, time to give M.Wright the flick and Have T.Wright in the 17,

Hoping that Hodkinson can find some form, he has been terrible in my opinion.

DCE needs to pull his finger out and get his kicking game right.

The players need to watch that Brocos game a few times during the week and remember how to play as a team. We need to rediscover that form to knock over the Warriors, Dragons, Panthers and get our season back on track.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Bump this thread
How are all our predictions looking now?
I said somewhere between 5th and 10th so so far, I'm not too far off the lower end of my prediction and I still think that 10th is still achievable come season end.

pjayz

הנשרים ישרור בעוד שנתיים מיום הנשרים
I said somewhere between 5th and 10th so so far, I'm not too far off the lower end of my prediction and I still think that 10th is still achievable come season end.
Haha - remind me not to bet with you :)

You predict they’ll finish between 5th and 10th, talk about a bit each way - so you are saying they will either make the top 8 or miss out...

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Haha - remind me not to bet with you :)

You predict they’ll finish between 5th and 10th, talk about a bit each way - so you are saying they will either make the top 8 or miss out...
I'm a Libran so I'm a bit of a

4513652_t.jpg

with a lot of things in life. :)

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Well a new year has officially begun (in most advanced counties, anyway) so before all the 2019 prediction threads spring up I thought it was appropriate to remind us of how bad we are at predictions.
I had us top 4 in 2018!

This post is dedicated to promoting respect for the quality of humility, and in celebration of human frailty.

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
So true, but I could not imagine a fan being that pessimistic?
Thank God 2016-2018 are behind us with the imposter
Especially after making the finals the year before.
At no real point was I confident under he who cannot coach, though we did have some good games but could rarely string more than 2 in a row.
Even so, I could not have envisioned how poor we were last year and our position on the table reflected the manner in which we played.
Good riddance...

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Well a new year has officially begun (in most advanced counties, anyway) so before all the 2019 prediction threads spring up I thought it was appropriate to remind us of how bad we are at predictions.
I had us top 4 in 2018!

This post is dedicated to promoting respect for the quality of humility, and in celebration of human frailty.

I also thought top 8 for 2018. Wasn't all Barrett's fault. We had a dreadful run of injuries and lost those close games we were winning in 2017. But my hopes that Barrett had something to offer soon drifted as Manly continually lost, he showed little imagination in strategies, and his selection policy left me gobsmacked. The Perfect Storm of failure. That's why with Des there I cant see has hitting those depths again...but I'm only hopeful that they may squeeze into the 8. But I'm hardly the master of prognostication...cant pick 'em either

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16