[Resurrected] Season 2018 your predictions

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Position at the end of round 26

• Minor Premier

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Top 4

Votes: 22 21.8%
  • Bottom 4 ( of top 8)

Votes: 58 57.4%
  • 9-12

Votes: 13 12.9%
  • 13-16

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Wooden Spoon

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Love to see it but it aint going to happen and Mark, you know it. Well string some good wins but we'll still be just as likely to drop a few in a row as well. We'll be up and down like the last few years and we'll still have the odd game where we leak too many points and lose concentration.

I'll be happy to be still in there towards the business end of the season, hope we've unearthed a few future stars, no injuries and we win at least most of our games at Brookie. ****, I hate it when the fortress is a bouncy castle.

For those thinking top 4? I need a delusional emoji rating thing. Top 4. No chance.

I’m with you in the top 4 issue , I have us as 8/9.

Hope I’m wrong and it’s higher not lower!

Holmsey

Bencher
This seasons success all hinges on consistency, luck with injuries and combinations, particularly Cherry and Croker. If that partnership doesnt bare fruit we will have a difficult season. I have no doubts that the likes of Tom, Jake and Api will play well as they dont know anything else right now. DCE needs to carry his form not only as a player but as a leader as well and push Croker and the other playmakers/leaders in our side up another level.

Personally I'm feeling optimistic. Right now I'm locking in 6th. Top 4 is a bridge to far for our team at this stage but we are easily in the calibre of at least the top 6. 6th spot finish and maybe push 2 or 3 weeks into the finals with a bit of luck.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Manly almost won this first match. It came down to a shoot out and more times than not DCE would have won the contest. But unfortunately not this time

But its important to think this through. Manly were up against a team, significantly upgraded in talent from last year. Many see them as a top 8 side. They were out to win this game big time to prove to their supporters they were the real thing. They had a huge crowd support, and we lost the penalties as usual. But most importantly Manly lost possession too often.

Newcastle have a good side. Manly will get better. At home they would have won this one. I wouldnt be too upset with a one point loss. They completed effectively and lost by the smallest margins. If DCE had kicked his field goal we would all be jumping for joy.

Its one match guys. Dont judge them for a while yet.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
We will lose about 11 more games this year ... some because we played like Shiite, others because the opposition was too strong ..

We will win about 12/14 games this year ... some because the opposition played like Shiite, others because we were too strong ....

Some will cheer the losses as an excuse to vent their agendas ...

Others will cheer the wins simply for the joy it gives being a supporter ...

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We will lose about 11 more games this year ... some because we played like Shiite, others because the opposition was too strong ..

We will win about 12/14 games this year ... some because the opposition played like Shiite, others because we were too strong ....

Some will cheer the losses as an excuse to vent their agendas ...

Others will cheer the wins simply for the joy it gives being a supporter ...

How would you be if you were a Roosters fan??

At least we have a reason ( NRL Shackles ), after spending 15 million of the 9 million Cap they still got done!!

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
My predictions

Manly
- Flirt with a top 4 finish but ultimately finish around 6th
- Jake, Tom, Cherry and Api to play SOO, Cherry game three after QLD lose 1 and 2
- Tom Wright right to debut and play a handful of games as fill in....conducts himself well but shows he is still a work in progress
- Carney signs early season, Hastings released before June 30
- Brown released to ESL when Fainu shows himself as Apis backup

NRL
- Roosters finish outside top 4 and bounce out week 1 of finals, Cordner and Hargraves lose chunks of season to injury and pack doesn't stand up. Cronk retires at season end to take up fox sports role and Roosters fans pine for Pearce who performs well at Newcastle
- Warriors sack Kearney, hire Hasler and narrowly escape spoon
- Panthers sack Griffen and hire Maguire
- Titans win spoon ahead of St George, Warriors, Dogs and Tigers
- Sharks miss 8
- Cowboys win comp

Silvertails
- Croker performs well in early rounds but doesn't dominate, becomes new whipping boy
- Calls for Barrett to be sacked by round ten
despite us sitting in top 8
- when Kelly performs he will be given little praise....on an off day he will be lambasted
- Carney will be praised as a saviour early and fans will want him gone come seasons end....his performances will be somewhere in the middle
- After touching up the Knights, people will work themselves into a lather claiming we are premership certs
- First off performance by Cherry will result in 10 million dollar man tag
- It will be suggested Taufua become a bench backrower after he drops a bomb
-People will continue to push for Lanes inclusion irrespective of his lacking form

Some very early runs on the board

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Illawarra, NZ and Penrith suddenly looking like top 4 contenders.
Early fancies Storm Chooks and Cows may not be as daunting as thought. Not to mention Eels (lol).

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
My top ten ( not necessarily in order)
Worriors
Dragqueens
Gummies
Tigpies,
Riff
Drizzle
Bunnies
Us
Rorters
Donkies

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Where do u think we will finish?
What will be a good outcome for 2018 now?

We’ll miss Tafua, and we’ll miss Sirronen, Tanginoa was showing great promise and I don’t think we have two forwards in reservesas good.

Coupled with Lussick leaving ( as we hear) and Walker still to return with a big ? mark over how he’s likely to return.

A lot depends on IF we are allowed to recruit player 29/30 and replace Lussick and really who’s left to recruit at this stage.

I think we will struggle against the top 4 teams but with what we are seeing from every side bar Warriors / Dragons is that any side can beat any side on any given day.

Long post to say “ who the **** knows”, anywhere from about 6-14 I’d say!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16