See You All Next Year!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I do not get threads like this.

I remember the northern eagles days when we did not even have a team. I hate where we are but I will not stop watching the team
Mate, it was some of the best times, making life long friends and galvanising as a community. Everyone got along, and those that didn't just laughed it off and made no fuss.

Times are very different now, and there's a real abusive feral section of each fanbase (even here in Silvertails). Outright aggressive, or passive aggressive, and to me, that's what detracts from the overall experience.

But that's the times I guess.

Mate, it was some of the best times, making life long friends and galvanising as a community. Everyone got along, and those that didn't just laughed it off and made no fuss.

Times are very different now, and there's a real abusive feral section of each fanbase (even here in Silvertails). Outright aggressive, or passive aggressive, and to me, that's what detracts from the overall experience.

But that's the times I guess.
Agree re the feral part of the base especially on here

To be honest that is why I rarely post after games these days

Agree re the feral part of the base especially on here

To be honest that is why I rarely post after games these days
Yeah, me too now mate. Some.of the comments, and round-about-comments / emojis killed it for me yesterday. I'm here for the big news today of course, but it's no longer fun. I won't name names, but people know who they are.

Posters asked me to come back and post again a few months ago, because the place was getting apparently boring.

Anyways, I'm out. One thing I WILL say, is I hope people stick with the club, because that's what we REALLY love. Things will work out. There are so many talking about walking away. The roster actually looks pretty sweet next year with Brooks.

Another piece of advice I'd make, is when you get personally attacked on here about stature, views, or specific things , don't do what I do and take it personally, just take a break (short term - or for good like so many others). Don't waste energy. Let the pelicans mass together, they'll eventually turn on each other if they don't have other targets.

Yeah, me too now mate. Some.of the comments, and round-about-comments / emojis killed it for me yesterday. I'm here for the big news today of course, but it's no longer fun. I won't name names, but people know who they are.

Posters asked me to come back and post again a few months ago, because the place was getting apparently boring.

Anyways, I'm out. One thing I WILL say, is I hope people stick with the club, because that's what we REALLY love. Things will work out. There are so many talking about walking away. The roster actually looks pretty sweet next year with Brooks.

Another piece of advice I'd make, is when you get personally attacked on here about stature, views, or specific things , don't do what I do and take it personally, just take a break (short term - or for good like so many others). Don't waste energy. Let the pelicans mass together, they'll eventually turn on each other if they don't have other targets.
I don't know why anyone would attack you Ryan. I don't know you, but I enjoy your posts greatly.
I've posted more than 15,000 times on here and can't ever remember being mocked for my views.

To be honest it has never really worried me that much - we all know next to nothing on here!

You can’t take what you dish out.

I’ve experienced it firsthand & witnessed it plenty on here.

Either don’t dish it out or grow a thicker skin instead of seeking sympathy for your very one-sided version of events.

Haven’t posted in a while…but I’ll say this. I’m happy we signed brooks. Schuster has been awful and isn’t worth more than 400 a season. Lock or bust for him. He needs to do the hard hards although his defence worries me. Maybe better in the middle though. The Fainus were always going to be a ticking time bomb…they were going to hold us to ransom at some point and piss off to the highest bidder anyway. With another good winger and centre we may go ok next year.

Completely agree KotR. Looks like we are attempting to shake off the Faunus, Tartak and the gangsta connection. Not such a bad thing. As another posted, we get Brooks on $350K discounting Latu’s $300K. And a reasonably good centre is arriving. I’ve been a supporter since the 70s and not about to stop now.

its the same every year. Tom 's favourite movie must be "groundhog day". Manly Fans go thru this pain year after year. lets all follow the titans

I don't know why anyone would attack you Ryan. I don't know you, but I enjoy your posts greatly.
I've posted more than 15,000 times on here and can't ever remember being mocked for my views.
I do it behind your back. 😁

You can’t take what you dish out.

I’ve experienced it firsthand & witnessed it plenty on here.

Either don’t dish it out or grow a thicker skin instead of seeking sympathy for your very one-sided version of events.
Thanks for your input as usual mate.

The problem for the likes of you & others (see the people / likes you're fishing for here as examples), is you've become accustomed to being able to bully others for their opinions to the point they either give up or stop posting.

As many others have said in other posts, the affect this has, is this place becomes boring and vanilla, because you alienate anyone with an opposing view to your own.

Unfortunately, I'll fight back, which is when your lot get personal & specific. The worst offenders are you, voicefromthehill, and more currently maxta (who went ape **** at a few others the other night). xv-1 is up there as well (but with him, it's just a vent against me I think, not others).

I'm just saying, open your minds, and don't be unbalanced in your approach. Your mob deathride me (and many others) for being negative, but forget the support we give to many players (Lewis Brown, Dylan Walker, Josh Schuster etc etc are some I've copped massive flack for).

Then there's the posts where you can see people are devastated and threaten to walk away. Some of you and your crew lay the boot in, and say don't let the door hit you and things. I in the other hand, empathise, tell them we are all feeling the pain, and try and get them to stick around, we are a community.

The hiding an absolute legend Cliffy GC copped from many here was abhorrent.

People are upset and negative because they are passionate. Let them have that. Jeez. They are humans too and want enjoyment from this entertainment too. They want us to win, just like you do. Anyways, you're probably going to criticize everything I've said and the length of my post, and at the end of the day, you won't accept or acknowledge feedback (I was literally told by your buddy the other day they were better than me), so it's all good.

Keep driving those posters away, to the point this place becomes a wasteland.

I was also a little greek kid growing up in surfie territory, the Shire, supporting Manly when everyone at the time was going for St George and then the Sharks, our success overshadowed any $hit I was getting
I was also a young greek kid growing up in inner-west where nearly everyone went for St George after their 11 straight (made me sick) Bulldogs or Souths Those areas were really greek dominated . Me I followed Manly forever after I saw Bob Fulton play in 1968.
Go Manly -- never give up guys we'll get through this ****....Not as bad as the Northern Eagles days

Hope these moves are exciting people. I know sure as **** I've been rejuvenated !

Well done Tony Mestrov, Anthony Siebold and whoever is doing the current run of recruitment. Fixed so many holes.

This is about and gives hope in my view. I can't wait to see them all on boarded.

Thanks for your input as usual mate.

The problem for the likes of you & others (see the people / likes you're fishing for here as examples), is you've become accustomed to being able to bully others for their opinions to the point they either give up or stop posting.

As many others have said in other posts, the affect this has, is this place becomes boring and vanilla, because you alienate anyone with an opposing view to your own.

Unfortunately, I'll fight back, which is when your lot get personal & specific. The worst offenders are you, voicefromthehill, and more currently maxta (who went ape **** at a few others the other night). xv-1 is up there as well (but with him, it's just a vent against me I think, not others).

I'm just saying, open your minds, and don't be unbalanced in your approach. Your mob deathride me (and many others) for being negative, but forget the support we give to many players (Lewis Brown, Dylan Walker, Josh Schuster etc etc are some I've copped massive flack for).

Then there's the posts where you can see people are devastated and threaten to walk away. Some of you and your crew lay the boot in, and say don't let the door hit you and things. I in the other hand, empathise, tell them we are all feeling the pain, and try and get them to stick around, we are a community.

The hiding an absolute legend Cliffy GC copped from many here was abhorrent.

People are upset and negative because they are passionate. Let them have that. Jeez. They are humans too and want enjoyment from this entertainment too. They want us to win, just like you do. Anyways, you're probably going to criticize everything I've said and the length of my post, and at the end of the day, you won't accept or acknowledge feedback (I was literally told by your buddy the other day they were better than me), so it's all good.

Keep driving those posters away, to the point this place becomes a wasteland.
Yeah I didn’t bother reading that.

You moan & whine endlessly & put words in other posters mouths then play victim when they tell you to POQ.

In your exchange with maxta yesterday you were the first to introduce the word ‘wanker’ into the conversation then when maxta used it back at you, you played the ‘resorting to personal insults’ card.

You need to take a good look at your own behaviour before you ever criticise anyone else.

Back onto ignore for you.

Yeah I didn’t bother reading that.

You moan & whine endlessly & put words in other posters mouths then play victim when they tell you to POQ.

In your exchange with maxta yesterday you were the first to introduce the word ‘wanker’ into the conversation then when maxta used it back at you, you played the ‘resorting to personal insults’ card.

You need to take a good look at your own behaviour before you ever criticise anyone else.

Back onto ignore for you.
Yeah, sorry mate, not gonna let you bring down the mood of the place again. Not reading that. Going by your history would only be criticism and abuse of a fellow poster, like you're doing to Biff AND someone else you're claiming as him.

You certainly have your sniper rifle out.

Cheer up bud. Stop attacking posters. Biff is 10X the quality poster you are.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8