Seeking Recommendations - Ken Arthurson / Jane Try Stand

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

T-Dog

Rookie
Hey Manly Fans!
Interstate Manly fan here. Born and bred on the northern beaches, but work has taken me interstate. For that reason I don't get back to Brookie as often as when I lived on the other side of the hill in Narraweena!
I'm hoping to make a trip to Sydney this season to see the Sea Eagles at Fortress Brookvale.
I'm typically a hill-dweller, but have decided to buy tickets in a grand stand as a treat.
The new Bobby Fulton stand looks great, but given that its GA, I don't want to take the risk of missing out after travelling all that way.
Any recommendations on best sections/rows? Im preferably looking for something thats undercover as I won't know what the winter weather in Sydney will throw at us!
I look forward to hearing from anyone happy to share their thoughts.
Cheers,
T

Jane Try stand has probably the best undercover view of the game

Section E is basically on the half way mark and any row after E onwards (B, C and D rows are down the front and can get wet at times) would be good viewing

My son and I have seats in the Lyons Menzies stand in row D and we've hardly ever got wet so if you can get further up than that you'll be fine unless it comes in horizontally.

Last edited:
Jane Try stand has probably the best undercover view of the game

Section E is basically on the half way mark and any row after E onwards (B, C and D rows are down the front and can get wet at times) would be good viewing

Agree entirely here. Don't also make the mistake of sitting too far forward like @tookey said, not only because of the weather, but the absolute numbnuts that walk back-and-forth, back-and-forth through the entirety of the game.

Random general vent (not directed at anyone specifically):
If you're there to watch the damned game, WATCH IT, don't do farking laps !! Sit on your keester, and allow everyone else to enjoy it without your ugly arse walking past every 2 seconds.

I too have a seat in the Lyons-Menzies Stand behind the southern goalposts, which has a great north-facing view and is well protected from the weather. Suggest you avoid rows A-C if you want to stay dry, but otherwise would highly recommend it. Enjoy!

KAS has great views. I haven’t used it since someone (I’m looking at the Penn family) coerced Council into spending a big whack of allocated local/state money (c.2009/10) on building more corporate boxes and ripping out hundreds of seats high and dry in that stand.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8