Seibold is a Myth

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Of course he should be accountable.I don't think anyone on here is saying he shouldn't be.

But the basic errors from guys like Tom should also be called out.

You do realize you can hold Seibold accountable and call out the players as well?
You do realise that the coach is the first to get fired when his players are not firing ?

The moral of the story
Players are accountable but the coach is accountable for his players
Have a good day feathered friend @Rocky

I hate the term "flat track bullies" but that's exactly what we are. We can dish it out but, we just can't stand up when the blowtorch is turned on us. I don't know what the answer is but it's hard to stay positive when your team just won't roll up their sleeves and play tough.
I sometimes think this team is just too dammed nice. It might not be politically correct nowadays but I'd give anything to see some Glenn Stewart mongrel in the team.

I hate the term "flat track bullies" but that's exactly what we are. We can dish it out but, we just can't stand up when the blowtorch is turned on us.
Yeah, it's that lack of resilience that haunts us game by game and over the course of a season. If everything is going our way, we look great. But as soon as something goes against us in a game and momentum starts to turn, we fold.

Same goes for the season. We start well, great win in Vegas, beat the Roosters, beat the Panthers, happy f**king days. But then we start to look less convincing, squeaking out wins against lesser teams and snatching a draw and then defeat from the jaws of victory. Then the injuries kick in: Saab and Tommy in the one game.

So now we have plenty of excuses for the slide down the ladder to begin, and if there's one thing this team has been good at over the last decade, it's finding excuses.

Honestly, if Seibold can turn this around, he may be the greatest coach of all time.

I don't think Seibs is the problem
He can coach the players to do this and that but it's more the players not following , mistakes drop balls missed tackles is not on Seibs
Defensive structures yes that's a problem yes but too many One on one misses is killing Manly
That 5 mins before 1/2 time is not on Seibs that was on the players, and that proved the difference last night

I don't think Seibs is the problem
He can coach the players to do this and that but it's more the players not following , mistakes drop balls missed tackles is not on Seibs
Defensive structures yes that's a problem yes but too many One on one misses is killing Manly
That 5 mins before 1/2 time is not on Seibs that was on the players, and that proved the difference last night
Meh.... Bellamy would have turned us around. Seibs is another Baz.

Ciraldo has been in charge of the Dogs for the same time as Seibold has at Manly and has had a bigger turn over of players,yet has done more with the Dogs defence than Willy Loman has
Credit to Ciraldo he has done something very different with a smaller quicker squad, though as the bigger bodies get fitter through the season it remains a question mark if that strategy will work through out the year.

Beating top 4 teams is an area where the team has improved this season, coaches need four to five years to get good consistent results.

In my view manly will finish higher on the ladder than the Dogs again this season.

Does our teams issue ATM highlight how much Seibs has improved this team already!

I see a coach comfortable enough with his man management to call a spade a spade and refreshingly to actually be challenging our players including our rep stars, to improve game management, resilience, to grind out that win.

Let's be honest these boys have played in some poor performing teams in recent years, praised by coaches no doubt when their all or nothing plays, and all out attack got a win every now and then.

Sure they have blown teams away and think about it, absolutely only when it wasn't wet. Winning when you couldn't throw the ball around and needed to focus on field position, possession. As if.

We've had coaches that have blamed the ref. The Bunker. The amount of travel and unevenness of the draw. The lack of chairs in the shed.

It's obvious he's actually already improved our rabble if we are already now competitive week on week and now needing improvement in grinding out a win.

Are we struggling grinding, game managing that reliance when the momentum shifts. Because it is foreign to our once lowly team?

In the past were we either behind and needing to play, or piling on like the flat track bullies, who yet just couldnt come close to mixing it with a better team.

Last edited:
I don't think Siebold is the problem, but I'm worried he won't be the solution either.

We need our stars to play consistent football. Until that happens we are going to be a second rate team.
The poor bloke went all in on a team of sprinters. Great if sides let us play and give us room. But we seem to have no plan B. We run around like idiots and then just wait to get the ball back. All out attack is a shock weapon. Not sure if we copying someone or trying to a trend but no ones following. We must be so fun to play against. No matter what happens you only have to wait a minute to get the ball back and you’ll score. DCE has been a great player but his tone deaf overly attacking low % plays are not helping either. Siebs has a serious problem on his hands

lately I have been winning betting on some of the underdogs. seems to be a regular pattern there. eg: going to have some fun betting warriors to topple chooks.

The poor bloke went all in on a team of sprinters. Great if sides let us play and give us room. But we seem to have no plan B. We run around like idiots and then just wait to get the ball back. All out attack is a shock weapon. Not sure if we copying someone or trying to a trend but no ones following. We must be so fun to play against. No matter what happens you only have to wait a minute to get the ball back and you’ll score. DCE has been a great player but his tone deaf overly attacking low % plays are not helping either. Siebs has a serious problem on his hands
Given they average 26 points a game and have only had one match where they haven’t scored 20+,not sure the attack is a problem

Given they average 26 points a game and have only had one match where they haven’t scored 20+,not sure the attack is a problem
Agree but we are conceding more than we are scoring. Plan B as is defend and play tight if it’s wet, or if they are rushing up, or you are protecting a lead, or near half time. We are trying to score off every play. No one wins consistently doing that

The teams playing very poorly and can't defend for sh$t. I wouldn't be in any rush to extend Seibolds time at the club since what other club would take him? Manly has had plenty of coaches since Toovey was sacked and the same leader in DCE who I think needs to move on from the club since his been too comfortable and stale for most of the time. The club needs to look into the future and start looking at another fullback, halfback and again we need are quality hooker.

What Bennett is doing with Dolphins, and Fitzgibbon at Sharks is proof that all the big names within and without a club, superstars, Politis brown paper bags, etc will not guarantee on-field success. A team's character reflects their coach and captain's.

The right man at the helm installs the right ethos carried out with the right attitude. Manly is severely lacking where it counts. This is on Seibold - our flashy attack with no backbone reflects his flashy PR babble with no substance of character. He's literally the polar opposite of guys like Bennett, Bellamy and Fitzgibbon. I'm ashamed to have him at the head of our great club

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12