Seibs Going Right Off at Presser.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
And I'm not calling anyone a "loser". I'm saying a defeatist attitude is a losing mindset. A losing mindset can be changed. I think it's disappointing people automatically suggest we are going to lose or not make the 8. Maybe it's a coping mechanism?

I on the other hand, while being overtly negative, go into any and every game (including say The Panthers) hoping for, and believing there is a chance to win - and yup, I get bitterly disappointed when we lose. To hear following that, "well, we were never going to succeed" that to me screams of a losing mindset, and an excuse, don't you?

If you were a professional athlete, what type of fans would you want? One's that think you could win any game you apply yourself to, or ones that gave you no hope, so shouldn't be disappointed? For me, that's about respect for the player and club.....don't you ?

And it's that second lot, that are crying foul of the first lot who vent, yell, scream after games because they are so angry, frustrated and disappointed. I mean, how DARE people get affected by the result right? We were never going to make the 8 or win certain games according to some.
Me, personally, I always have high hopes of a win every game, but they are tempered with the reality that we may struggle against teams like Penrith, Brisbane, etc.

That’s why I was pleasantly surprised by & happy with the team’s efforts against Penrith & the Warriors recently.

I don’t agree that being realistic about the team’s chances against heavyweight teams & accepting a loss but still being happy with the effort put in can be deemed a defeatist attitude.

I went into the last game against Cronulla with the same approach & we won, so I was even happier, yet there were people on here grumbling that Cronulla were down in form at the time.

It seems that when we play well & win, it’s because the opposition were either poor or down in form, & when we play well & lose against top opposition, anyone okay with that has a defeatist attitude.

It is only a game of footy, so I’m not going to let it ruin my life if my team isn’t travelling well.

I don’t think that makes me less of a fan, just realistic.

Lol, no-one in the media expected Manly to make the semis this year. Or do you think the media was about to hold a massive inquest into the extraordinary mystery of how this star Manly side fell so far below expectations? Eh, probably not!
Doubt It Schitts Creek GIF by CBC
Hi, @SeaEagleRock8 I hope your keeping happy and Healthy

Your Key post word here is Expectations

At the Beginning of the year Manly CEO Mestrov who is responsible for making changes for our club to meet top 8 finals Expectations after we failed to do so in 2022 was quoted as saying that the Manly clubs Expectations was to make the finals as he believed the club had a top 8 competitive finals roster and was optimistic that his masterstroke Rookie Sensation Seibold and ex premiership winning Flanagan coach selection would deliver .

Our Inconsistent Manly team failed to consolidate a top 8 spot all season
and the Only thing Seibold Delivered was a Rousing Presser spray when his team was finally put out of its finals misery and Excuses for losses instead of finding solutions to get his team up and winning

As for Excuses ....
You do not have to be Great at your job to offer Excuses for failure
Any Mediocre person can come up with Excuses for Failure
But Only the Great ones find Solutions and find a way and and meet Expectations or over achieve Expectations

In Conclusion
Our Legendary Great club became Great because Great Manly People set Great Expectations and were Great Enough to meet and accede those Great Expectations and Deliver a Manly Dominance

In 2002 after our Manly team Regained its Licence from the doomed Norths Joint Venture
Our Struggling club was Resurrected by a Passionate Manly Financer / Owner Max Delmege
Whos Mission was to make Manly Great again and he Delivered on his Great Manly Expectations

Last but Not least
Lower our Legendary clubs Great Expectations and Standards and we stand for nothing Great

Great clubs are made Great by the Great People that Meet Great Expectations
We will Remember them
Lest We Forget :h:
1692764489853.png

So many people hung up on Mestrov & Penn saying we have a premiership winning roster & are in a premiership winning window yet I’m pretty sure these statements were ridiculed by the same people at the time.

People say dumb **** all the time, would these people be happier if they’d said we’re not going to make the 8?

"But Only the Great ones find Solutions and find a way and and meet Expectations or over achieve Expectations" - you could argue Bozo that Manly have done just that in the last 2 rounds. Did anyone expect them to beat the Panthers and Warriors? Did anyone think they would even get close to the Panthers? I think they played like a team who thought they could win and almost pulled it off against 2 top 4 sides.

"But Only the Great ones find Solutions and find a way and and meet Expectations or over achieve Expectations" - you could argue Bozo that Manly have done just that in the last 2 rounds. Did anyone expect them to beat the Panthers and Warriors? Did anyone think they would even get close to the Panthers? I think they played like a team who thought they could win and almost pulled it off against 2 top 4 sides.
Realistic Expectations Perspective ...

Our Realistic expectations was Meeting Our top 8 Obligations
Top 4 and Premiership Trophy was Exceeding Expectations

Have a Healthy and Happy day Feathered friend @MW66

Against the riff I thought they played like a team without fear of losing @MW66 and I would have loved to see them play that type of attacking footy more often…

The raiders game and the 1st half against the Sharks were the only other games where they really moved the ball early in sets and played with confidence… I realise we also flogged the fins but they almost beat themselves that day…

Short of those games, our side spent so much time trying to play chess-type rugby league despite us struggling all year to score when attacking from inside the oppositions 10m where the defender can get up and back onside quickly…

Realistic Expectations Perspective ...

Our Realistic expectations was Meeting Our top 8 Obligations
Top 4 and Premiership Trophy was Exceeding Expectations

Have a Healthy and Happy day Feathered friend @MW66
Realistic expectation to make Top 8 after Turbo got injured? Not for me. As soon as he went down in SOO2 with his injury I had no expectation.

Hi, @SeaEagleRock8 I hope your keeping happy and Healthy

Your Key post word here is Expectations

At the Beginning of the year Manly CEO Mestrov who is responsible for making changes for our club to meet top 8 finals Expectations after we failed to do so in 2022 was quoted as saying that the Manly clubs Expectations was to make the finals as he believed the club had a top 8 competitive finals roster and was optimistic that his masterstroke Rookie Sensation Seibold and ex premiership winning Flanagan coach selection would deliver .

Our Inconsistent Manly team failed to consolidate a top 8 spot all season
and the Only thing Seibold Delivered was a Rousing Presser spray when his team was finally put out of its finals misery and Excuses for losses instead of finding solutions to get his team up and winning

As for Excuses ....
You do not have to be Great at your job to offer Excuses for failure
Any Mediocre person can come up with Excuses for Failure
But Only the Great ones find Solutions and find a way and and meet Expectations or over achieve Expectations

In Conclusion
Our Legendary Great club became Great because Great Manly People set Great Expectations and were Great Enough to meet and accede those Great Expectations and Deliver a Manly Dominance

In 2022 after our Manly team Regained its Licence from the doomed Norths Joint Venture
Our Struggling club was Resurrected by a Passionate Manly Financer / Owner Max Delmege
Whos Mission was to make Manly Great again and he Delivered on his Great Manly Expectations

Last but Not least
Lower our Legendary clubs Great Expectations and Standards and we stand for nothing Great

Great clubs are made Great by the Great People that Meet Great Expectations
We will Remember them
Lest We Forget :h:
Hi Bozo. You are a student of Sea Eagle history, especially the Bobby Fulton era, which does you credit. So let me ask a multiple-choice question.

When Manly was searching for its first premiership back in the late 60s and early 70s, how did they achieve the breakthrough? Was it:

a) by fans berating the players as pea-hearted, apathetic losers until they improved? Or

b) by adding quality players to the side, year by year, and not just quality but the very best of the best, Irvine, Reilly, Branighan, O’Neil, among others?

(And no I wasn’t there but anyone can try this, eg if you’re a member of MWDRLFC just check out the Player Numbers to be reminded of which players came to the club. There is a prize for neatest correct entry!) :)

If we had a fully fit team all year and ended up in our current position on the ladder then I would most certainly be going off like some of the Silvertails members who post negative comments ad nauseam after yet another loss.

The problem is that we have had half the first grade side out through injury and we have had to field a heap of NSW Cup players in the side each week in the second half of the season just to make up the numbers. That's why I have cut them some slack and lowered my expectations towards the end of the season to make the eight and although we didn't win the last two games, I was happy with the way that we played and gave it a good go at beating two of the top sides with half of our regulars missing.

Hopefully in 2024, our players remain relatively healthy and we make a good hard go of making the eight or even the top 4 or better.

If we had a fully fit team all year and ended up in our current position on the ladder then I would most certainly be going off like some of the Silvertails members who post negative comments ad nauseam after yet another loss.

The problem is that we have had half the first grade side out through injury and we have had to field a heap of NSW Cup players in the side each week in the second half of the season just to make up the numbers. That's why I have cut them some slack and lowered my expectations towards the end of the season to make the eight and although we didn't win the last two games, I was happy with the way that we played and gave it a good go at beating two of the top sides with half of our regulars missing.

Hopefully in 2024, our players remain relatively healthy and we make a good hard go of making the eight or even the top 4 or better.

The issue with that, is we've used the injury excuse for 4 out of the last 5 years. We have a team made of absolute glass. So we have to somehow correct that.

Aloiai - always injured (on top of creating drama)
Turbo - always injured
Burbo - always injured
Schuster - always injured or re-habbing fitness
Parker - always unfortunately getting concussed
Lawton - always injured
Boyle - always injured
Paseka - always injured
Lodge - Played 3 games, and will miss 20-30 before playing again

And it's not just a this year thing. It's ongoing. And the club has to stop relying on luck to be able to compete anymore - if a player is always injured, you mitigate that risk by culling the problem - sounds harsh, but i'd rather we pay a fullback (a proper fullback) 600k (and get that level of quality) for someone who plays 90% of the time, than someone on double that salary, who plays 20% of the time.

Our fortunes won't change while we are carrying a permanent rehab clinic. When negotiating a contract, their history needs to be taken into consideration. That history should include injury management.

I'd love to know what percentage of the cap all the players I listed take up. I mean, come ON, Lawton was always injured BEFORE coming to us. Same as players like Roache. Stop buying / renewing duds. Time to stop buying at Target, and time to start buying at Valentino Beige.

When Manly was searching for its first premiership back in the late 60s and early 70s, how did they achieve the breakthrough? Was it:
How was our Greatness achieved you ask feathered friend ?

Our Manly Greatness was achieved by Great Manly people

As I keep saying on here times and times again

An organisations greatest asset is the great people it acquires

Look at the Storm for example
They keep losing players like Cam Smith , Cronk ,Slater etc , and great people that run the cub
But they keep making the right choices and choose the right personal and the right leaders to keep leading them to success

Look at the choices clubs like the Tigers make
They keep making the wrong choices with underperforming people and they have ended up as Underperformers

The moral of the story
We are consequences of our own choices
and we become Mediocre through our constant excuses for failure

Bozo. A genuine question. Have you ever been a CEO, General Manager of a corporation or sporting team? Have you been a coach/assistant coach? Have you ever played a team sport and experienced the high and lows?

I am genuinely interested because you seem to know a lot about success and failure. Where does this experience stem from?

So... do you think we need better players?
Better players?
Every one inspires and plays a winning role at winning club

It was self explanatory in my original answer what we need to be better

We need to be better by better people that make better choices in our club
People that make better choices and over achieve and Inspire success on and off the field

The Storm and the Tigers club are the example and the reasons I gave you

All Clubs have the use of the same Salary cap
All clubs have the choice of a 30 man squad
All clubs have the choice of who they choose as coach to inspire and bring out the best in their players and mould then into a resilient performing unit

The Moral of the story
It is not what you have but how you use it
and using excuses for failure is the epitome of piss weak Mediocrity

Last edited:
Bozo. A genuine question. Have you ever been a CEO, General Manager of a corporation or sporting team? Have you been a coach/assistant coach? Have you ever played a team sport and experienced the high and lows?

I am genuinely interested because you seem to know a lot about success and failure. Where does this experience stem from?
I have worked under Ceos and General Managers
and I have seen great companies go under by underperforming leaders

Life is a lesson
Life comes with success and failure along the way
and everyone has experienced and should have learned lifes lessons of success and failure

Anthony Robbins, Robert Kiyosaki and Joe Dispenza online bites? Seemed pretty obvious to me.

The Moral of the story
It is not what you have but how you use it
and using excuses for failure is the epitome of piss weak Mediocrity
I see. Can you identify anyone on Silvertails you believe to be using excuses for failure?

I see. Can you identify anyone on Silvertails you believe to be using excuses for failure?
Inspirational posts are not about Identifying people that use excuses for failure feathered friend

Inspirational posts are about Inspiring People to rise above the Mother of all ADVERSETIES
And Soar above Hardships , Difficulty and Misfortune
Like Resilient Premiership Winning Sea Eagles
1693002990756.png

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12