Seibs Going Right Off at Presser.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
He lost a large portion of the team due to the fact he couldn't coach or had zero ideas on how to get out of a slump of losses.

His cliche book of quotes did not work in changing game plans or getting the best out of players.
#whiteant

Seriously tho, I’m intrigued about the Brisbane narrative for Siebold. I recall last year leading into magic round plenty of their players speaking positively about him. Carrigan from memory. Maybe just media lip service.

I thought the Oldboy’s here all had the s$&@s he got the gig initially and attempted to railroad things.

Do you honestly think spraying the players in public would be beneficial for anyone other than the fans? Remind me how often the really successful coaches do it?
Quite regularly I would argue. Sticky does it now and then. Arthur did it last week. No one’s suggesting it’s a weekly occurrence but when they deserve it, I think it’d send a stronger signal than a ‘private’ baking. It makes the team more accountable to the fans.

Quite regularly I would argue. Sticky does it now and then. Arthur did it last week. No one’s suggesting it’s a weekly occurrence but when they deserve it, I think it’d send a stronger signal than a ‘private’ baking. It makes the team more accountable to the fans.

To be fair when was the last time Sticky or Arthur won a comp?

He could go off at them but IMHO it would achieve nothing.

If you watch the first 30 minutes of the Canberra game again when Manly were in control you can see many moments, at least half a dozen, where Manly took very conservative options. I can remember several times that one more pass and it was try time, but Manly instead chose to hold the final pass thinking that possession and good handling stats will “grind” them to a clinical win.It looks to me like they followed the game plan to the letter.

Come 30 minutes it’s only 20-0 (should have been at least 32-0 and game over), and Manly had perfect handling stats. Look where this pretty set of stats got them. Manly continue to play conservative and fall into that mental trap afraid to be identified as the one that makes an error, while the Raiders start offloading and booya! the points stay flowing from them right down the middle. We should never have lost that game.

The overall issue is that the fatigue element is now completely out of the game. Heavy contact is discouraged due to the potential for head injuries, suspensions , fines etc and you can’t touch the kicker, catcher etc.

The bottom line is: Teams who throw the ball around score more points, that’s it. Look at the Roostwrs putting 40 on the Broncoa. Look at all the young skinny 18 y/o kids slaying them with their speed. Yet Manly looks slow, methodical, conservative and scripted. You can see the plays Manly are trying to do, but they need to play with eyes-up more, not just with scripts kn their heads.

For Manly to reach the next level with all they stars and talent in the lineup they need to stop worrying about errors and start opening up their shoulders. When it comes to defence, if you try and dominate and keep a side in their 20 metres you give away a penalty. Let them have their metres and stop wasting energy and risking penalties trying to dominate, because in most cases even if you start in your own 20 you end up at the other end with an attacking kick anyway. I think the Bennet, Bellamy and Cleary coached teams do this well.

Time to start thinking differently in this modern game. Trying to be the perfect team on paper will not win the premiership.

NYEagle

Last edited:
Two of Canberra's tries came off freak mistakes from Manly. You won't see either circumstances happen again for a long time. But, basically, Manly players switched off mentally when they (and we fans) thought the match was over at 20-nil. It was initial complacency that turned into desperation and ill-discipline.
Unfortunately I've seen such performances from a Manly side far too often over the past decade. Whereas a club such as the Storm will almost always win the close matches we don't have the same mental strength. We are not the only club that tends to crumble under pressure.
I credit Bellache for instilling in Melbourne this never-say-die attitude over the past 20 years.

To be fair when was the last time Sticky or Arthur won a comp?
Stickys won one hasn’t he? Wouldn’t call Bellamy an easy happy go lucky type of coach and he goes alright. It’s horses for courses and I feel our playing group would benefit from a public rev up. Just my opinion though.

Stickys won one hasn’t he? Wouldn’t call Bellamy an easy happy go lucky type of coach and he goes alright. It’s horses for courses and I feel our playing group would benefit from a public rev up. Just my opinion though.
That was over 20 years ago and the game has changed

Re Bellamy he is a classic example of doing it behind closed doors. You have seen how he carries on in the box and it rarely carries over to the press conference

Bellamy rarely has to go off. When the Storm lose it's hardly ever by playing really poorly. Most losses are close games.

It is all quite comical.

Seibold keeps cool - the haters say he should go off and act like a lunatic
Seibold speaks articulately - the haters say he is a snake
Haters is a strong word. ‘Critics’ is more appropriate I would’ve thought.
That was over 20 years ago and the game has changed

Re Bellamy he is a classic example of doing it behind closed doors. You have seen how he carries on in the box and it rarely carries over to the press conference
Can’t agree with that. I’ve heard Bellamy publicly call out his players in pressers before - not all the time, but if they’ve deserved it. What’s more, His antics in the dressing rooms at half time and in the box are also on show for the public.

Point is, I think there’s a time and a place for it - not every week - but on occasions I think it would be beneficial.

It’s just a press conference. It will never be much of an indication of what’s really going on beneath the surface. It’s just more of a cat and mouse game between the media to see if they can trigger something from the coach….say like some controversial statements about the referees etc. To Seibolds credit he is one of the more composed coaches where Ricky is like a dream come true for a headline….

He lost a large portion of the team due to the fact he couldn't coach or had zero ideas on how to get out of a slump of losses.

His cliche book of quotes did not work in changing game plans or getting the best out of players.
Seibold is a fatter version of Trent Barrett

Barrett was recommended to us by Gould and Seibold by Karl Morris Chairman of the broncos who had just sacked Seibold less than two years into a 6 year contract

A red flag anyone?

We were warned by Steve Renouf and ignored it Broncos legend warns Manly are 'sucked in by Seibold's psycho-babble'

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10
10 5 5 -13 10