Sharkies V Sea Eagles NSW Cup Performance?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

TimandTom

Anyone know of the performances displayed by the NSW Cup boys? I Know we went down by 2... But more interested in the individual players' performances.

I was at the game today,as I live down the road, Sharks off to an early lead after 10 min 16-6, we followed up with 2 quick tries to lead 18-16 at half time.
We scored another try to lead 24-16, the Sharks scored twice again to lead 32-24 and we scored in the last 5 minutes to go down 32-30.
Riccardi had a great game his passing is crisp and gave good service to his outside backs and backed up to finish off a good team try that went 75m, he's too good for this grade.
Tim Robinson had a good game taking the ball up and scoring a try, George ran strongly all day, he's a class above some of these guys but he's carrying a lot of weight, Annear the same, played well as did James Cunningham before taking a knock and coming off.
Junior Palau also looks quite a prospect with more game time and fitness.
Stromquist came on with about 20 to go but wasn't really involved that much.
Oldfield was solid at center but nothing special,none of the other backs really stood out, the fullback kicked 5 from 5
Cronulla had a solid pack which included Jon Green, Tagatese and Andrew Fifita, also another very good player I think his name is Frizzel.

TimandTom said:
Thanks for the update Peter. Any more updates welcome!

Went to the game this afternoon. Thought Sharks were the better side and ran harder and faster than most of our guys all day.

George was trying hard and busier than games earlier in the season but he didn't get over the advantage line very often.
Robinson had a solid game.
Junior Palau only played in patches but he ran hard and got the Sharks on the back foot more than our other forwards.
Guys like Skinner and Harrison were missed - they are both at interesting stages as they stand out in Reserves when they play but still have to step to another level to make an impact in Firsts. They both have a way to go but my opinion is they are better than any of our forwards who played Reserves today.
Our best player was again Riccardi...I get the impression though he is a real halfback and if anything he would compliment Foran rather than Daly...which is a real shame with everything happening at the moment. In saying that if Foran does leave, Manly should definately give Riccardi a shot at partnering with Daly. He certainly has silky passing skills and he has that knack of putting someone over the line when they are in the opposition 22. For example, our Centres Wollaghan scored today off a beautiful Riccardi pass.
The Cronulla Centre - No. 3 and an Islander ran all over Oldfield - made him look like ( I was going to say a Reserve Grader, but this was Rerserve Grade : )...he made him look like an A Grader !. It was a bit sad as Oldfield probably has more talent than most of the players on the field today combined but he needs to work out how to get into a game, play tough and make an impact...its no good just waiting to receive the ball in space.
Ben Falconne played out of position at 5 8th and was a bit out of his depth but as usual he made a couple of nice little bursts - he can beat his man - sort of player who could do something one day if the coaching staff are patient with him.
Liam Higgins tried hard, tackled hard, ran hard but seems to be carrying a bit of an injury as he has lost a little pace from the last couple of years. Scored a good dummy half try and played tough.
The fullback - can't remember his name, was quite solid but probably not ready for first grade.

In summary, be patient with Skinner, Harrison, Robinson - they are all fringe first graders but good back up players under a salary cap and the best we have behind our main 17. Keep your fingers crossed no one pinches Riccardi as he will make it somewhere in the next 18 months.

Cheers, Adrian

thanks for the excellent summaries boys!! Guys, I can tell you that Riccardi was extremely, extremely disappointed not to start instead of Liam. This is from someone who is around him alot. Also, Riccardi is well known in the club as the NEXT upcoming star and really wants to stay at Manly, if possible.

thanks for those summaries, I really hope NSW Cup starts getting played directly before FG again next year.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8