Sharks under Salary Cap investigation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Bird of Prey

Reserve Grader
Sharks shake off financial dramas to target Sea Eagles star Taupau
By Adrian Proszenko
30 November 2018 — 4:53pm

Cronulla’s financial problems haven’t prevented the club from splashing the cash on top playing talent, with the Sharks targeting Martin Taupau and Braidon Burns in a recruitment drive that is already poised to land Shaun Johnson.

The Shire outfit’s already small front office took a further hit when 10 staffers were made redundant during the week. Cronulla remain without a major sponsor or a naming-rights stadium backer and have reportedly emerged from their 2018 campaign $3 million in the red.

The Sharks could also face a fine if an NRL probe finds they cheated the salary cap, although the fact the club self-reported could limit the damage. The grim financial position comes at a time when all 16 clubs are being funded to the tune of $13 million per season - or 130 per cent of the salary cap.

Continues at link: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/sh...t-sea-eagles-star-taupau-20181130-p50jhn.html
Adrian Who another jurno light weight who where he can will always have a dig at Manly in some way, just brush it off.

Ryan

Journey Man
Wonder if the Knights would be prepared to release Kalyn Ponga, oooh, and the Storm Cameron Munster...and while I'm at it, Tedesco from The Roosters if Manly are interested?

Seems just as fair and appropriate.

manly al

First Grader
The Shark ;s present or reportedly present financial problems is unexpected as there was every indication that the commercial property development they were connected with was almost assured of providing some better long term security for the club . Over capitalization , over estimating or below par returns , something has gone seriously wrong with that venture as things now appear and with the dependence that the Sharks were placing in the anticipated returns . For the best interests of the game , surely preferable for the Sharks to still have a longer term presence in the N R L but looks like some serious attention will be required to get their financial affairs in better shape fairly promptly .

manly al

First Grader
Maybe the Sharks will have a fire sale with some surplus to requirements furniture . Could be a good opportunity and resourceful to compliment some of the remaining furniture at the Narrabeen training head quarters .

sheridanstand78

First Grader
So the Sharks are in the financial Do do again, I seem to remember a bail out package for them in 1983 that was organised by Arko and our club to stop them going under, something that Rothtool never mentions when he refers to history.

It is a blight on the game that only one club is in profit and that club is propped up by a media empire and is a one team town and the rest of the teams are losing money, This is all on Greenturds watch!! Some clubs get bail outs and others get dixie!! We need an administration that is for all clubs, not just a few!

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The timing of salary cap drama investigation. (that the NRL are alarming quiet about), the financial dilemma leading to the dumping 10 staff just before Xmas and not being to attract major sponsors smells like real trouble for the Sharks. When Manly were persecuted it was a media circus with Greenburg as the ring master but the Sharks are being treated like a protected species. This bull**** about self reporting leading to lesser penalties is a none sense. I bet it’s not the actual perpetrators that are reporting. What happened to vicarious liability ? The reporting official if not involved should not be punished but the club should get no benefit for that individual’s act of honesty and self preservation.

Ryan

Journey Man
The timing of salary cap drama investigation. (that the NRL are alarming quiet about), the financial dilemma leading to the dumping 10 staff just before Xmas and not being to attract major sponsors smells like real trouble for the Sharks. When Manly were persecuted it was a media circus with Greenburg as the ring master but the Sharks are being treated like a protected species. This bull**** about self reporting leading to lesser penalties is a none sense. I bet it’s not the actual perpetrators that are reporting. What happened to vicarious liability ? The reporting official if not involved should not be punished but the club should get no benefit for that individual’s act of honesty and self preservation.
Write to Greenburg, and copy in a reporter.

Highflier

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Did we not self report as well?
I’m sure I read that somewhere, a fat lot of good it did us
Come on Greenberg meter out the same vicious underhand and deceitful treatment to the drowning sharks that u did to the soaring eagles u grubby little bald headed lying hoax

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Did we not self report as well?
I’m sure I read that somewhere, a fat lot of good it did us
Come on Greenberg meter out the same vicious underhand and deceitful treatment to the drowning sharks that u did to the soaring eagles u grubby little bald headed lying hoax

And the chances of that are..........

Briza

Maroon and White - Born and Bred
So the Sharks are in the financial Do do again, I seem to remember a bail out package for them in 1983 that was organised by Arko and our club to stop them going under, something that Rothtool never mentions when he refers to history.

It is a blight on the game that only one club is in profit and that club is propped up by a media empire and is a one team town and the rest of the teams are losing money, This is all on Greenturds watch!! Some clubs get bail outs and others get dixie!! We need an administration that is for all clubs, not just a few!

Was about to post similar, from memory it was 150-175k which would probably equate to 1m these days at a guess.
I think it took the ****ers 20 years to pay it back.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The thing for me is this
this announcement and the timing of it is very suspicious to me.
You look at it the sharks are not coming under any real and hurtful media coverage for this.

Us when it was our turn every day on nrl360 , triple m and the daily Tele our club and our circumstances was commentated and discussed at length and journalists could get away with saying very damaging things about our club.

The sharks and in particular buzz has got away with this easy (this is his club he so highly regards),being the off season.

Really what sharks are being accused of is much worse than what we got done for and are being given a free ride.

Last edited:
The thing for me is this
this announcement and the timing of it is very suspicious to me.
You look at it the sharks are not coming under any real and hurtful media coverage for this.

Us when it was our turn every day on nrl360 , triple m and the daily Tele our club and our circumstances was commentated and discussed and length and journalists could get away with saying very damaging things about our club.

The sharks and in particular buzz has got away with easy.. being the off season.

Really what sharks are being accused of is much worse than what we got done for.and are being given a free ride.
With you 100% on this. My mate and me were discussing the very same thing this morning. We were in the news nearly everyday and our brand was plastered all over the front pages

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 5 6 -3 13