Shaun "Exit" Lane mega thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Lane and Winterstein by far, the key word being is = current.

Choc is medically retired so cannot even get on the field and Gifty is in semi retirements.

Choc/Gift are on more money right now as well.

randall didn't need no partner.
Yep, the great IGOR could do it all by himself !!!
78b218e9b6365513f63b0c30d971c808.jpg

Last edited:
What a great photo of the great man. Is that piggins about to get laid out? What we couldn't do with igor in the second row this weekend.
I cant say who was in that pic but you can see them ducking for cover . No one fcuked around with IGOR . I Never saw him throw his arms out and grabbing with his fingers making a tackle the way Brown does . One of these days Brown is going to break a finger nail if he is not careful :)
stock-photo--girl-broke-a-fingernail-472312399.jpg

G'day all,Don't worry about Watmough and Stewart,on what they have displayed so far in their Manly careers,Lane,Winterstein and Brown are no improvement on the blokes they've replaced in the likes of Horo,Symonds and Buhrer.
cheers mike

Manly Sea Eagles forward Shaun Lane keen to move from NRL fringes
Margie McDonald NRL News Fri 16/02/2018

Sea Eagles back-rower Shaun Lane is sick of playing reserve grade.

That is where the lanky former Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs and New Zealand Warriors utility has spent most of the past three seasons. He has played 24 NRL games across three clubs stretching back to 2015 and is desperately trying to push that tally much higher.

Lane made nine appearances for Manly in the second row last year, largely because of an injury to Curtis Sironen. He chalked up two line breaks as well as three line break-assists and four offloads.

He has been named in Trent Barrett's side to face the Cronulla Sharks in the first trial for both clubs on Saturday at Southern Cross Group Stadium.

The 23-year-old knows this is the first chance to stay off the Sea Eagles Blacktown Workers players' list in NSW Cup.

Continues here - link: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/02/16...ard-shaun-lane-keen-to-move-from-nrl-fringes/

Players like Lane and Hastings can talk all they want about first grade, they’ll get their chances (again) to force Barrett’s hand, hopefully they don’t waste their next one.

Players like Lane and Hastings can talk all they want about first grade, they’ll get their chances (again) to force Barrett’s hand, hopefully they don’t waste their next one.
Yep got to love these pre-season stories of hope and redemption - they get trotted out every year by a myriad of players. I think everyone can see Lane has potential it's up to him to realise it.

I guess that at least when players make these type of public statements that the motivation and intent and the necessary enthusiasm is hopefully there . But in every case as usual and of course it is only the individual player 's trial performances that will or does really count .

I gave him plenty last season at times, mainly because his work rate was low and didn't use his size for impact at all out wide

Moving him to the middle looks like it may be a masterstroke, he took the ball up hard all game and really looked like he wanted it, and it was great to see

He looked great in his first half a season at the Dogs then dropped off a cliff, hopefully tonight is the start of a big year for him

Good game, I am expecting big things from Lane this year.
He has the frame, the speed, the technique.
Just needs the desire.

I gave him plenty last season at times, mainly because his work rate was low and didn't use his size for impact at all out wide

Moving him to the middle looks like it may be a masterstroke, he took the ball up hard all game and really looked like he wanted it, and it was great to see

He looked great in his first half a season at the Dogs then dropped off a cliff, hopefully tonight is the start of a big year for him

He ran and looked like kite last night

Dear Lanky, laconic, lazy Lane,

Whilst I have never bagged you, I have been prominent in my criticism of your less than energetic and enthusiastic approach to Rugby League ...

I hope with all my Manly loving heart, that last night is the first of many games in which you fulfil the potential that you have always possessed.

Woodsie.

PSS. According to some your coach is a dope ... but he clearly was smart enough to recruit you on little coin.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11