Shaun "Exit" Lane mega thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Lussick is an average plodder, gives who gives away too many penalties.
Lane, has added value when he comes on, lussick is a liability.

It will be more about Dylan’s head rather than his physical injuries which he has freely admitted

Give him contact game in a place out if the first grade spot light

It maybe at training or Reggie’s but wherever he has to test it and remove doubt In his own mind

The guy plays on confidence and like most of us has been seen to be average when uncertain or tentative

All the players including Parker seem united and know their roles and that st some stage will be needed.

I think baz will have them all thinking of how the team success is more important than their own individuals performance and the players have bought in

This includes Jackson, lane & Darcy who need to enjoy their peers and team member rivals success

20 tight players will see us win the comp

I have never felt so good about our chances for a long time

I put Lane and Perrett ahead of Tanginoa so if Lussick gets a run, I think Kelepi misses out. Not saying I think that should happen but if someone does eventually drop off, it's not Lane and Perrett. Reason being, Lane and Perrett use the ball and our style is built around second phase play. Tanginoa has had a couple of good games but there are not a lot of strings to his bow. Part of me thinks that he is a good point of contrast; he tucks it under his arm and runs straight and hard. He has made some decent yards so far this year. However, I think he offers a little less than the others.

In saying that, he shouldn't be dropped for Lussick unless he plays a couple of sub-par matches and Darcy tears in hard.

Agree. Marty also provides 2nd phase play, I think we need that balance. His straight and hard runs seem to still put the defence on the backfoot. If he keeps it up he is in my side each week.

It will be massively demotivating to any of the three to lose their spot after playing so well, and doing all that Barrett has asked of them. I say Lussick has to wait for an injury or poor form or play so well in Blacktown that he demands the spot including not giving away penalties.

Jobs Lane's to keep or lose. If he keeps putting in performances like Sunday, no way in hell he gets dropped. His 1st or 2nd tackle hit ups to make us metres out of our own D-zone were outstanding, and desperately required.

That's not saying anything about Darcy's ability - more about Lane's value add right now.
Lanes only gonna get better I feel...I think you'll find the next season or two will see him establish himself as a serious player in our pack. I wonder when the big fellas off contract..

It’s good competition to have
If the current squad keeps performing and don’t need to see a change ,injuries will determine if Lussick gets a run
Or could it be a horses for courses situation where TB picks the best players for the opposition? Where a big pack is better suited or a more mobile pack is needed
Darcy needs a few games in reggies for match fitness and also to display some maturity in his performances. We cannot afford a loose cannon in our ranks atm. He needs to prove himself and it's gonna be a good test of character for him. In times gone by he would be an automatic pic when healthy but we have a hungry young bunch of forwards working hard and playing to the coaches instructions. Its a healthy sign for us that a player of Darcys calibre may struggle to get a run this yr.

I put Lane and Perrett ahead of Tanginoa so if Lussick gets a run, I think Kelepi misses out. Not saying I think that should happen but if someone does eventually drop off, it's not Lane and Perrett. Reason being, Lane and Perrett use the ball and our style is built around second phase play. Tanginoa has had a couple of good games but there are not a lot of strings to his bow. Part of me thinks that he is a good point of contrast; he tucks it under his arm and runs straight and hard. He has made some decent yards so far this year. However, I think he offers a little less than the others.

In saying that, he shouldn't be dropped for Lussick unless he plays a couple of sub-par matches and Darcy tears in hard.
I respectfully disagree re Tanginoa. Ive thought for a few seasons we've actually lacked a grunt forward that's no frills and simply runs hard and hurts the opposition in attack and defence. I think its nice to have that balance in a team and while he's doing his job and gaining confidence he will only improve hopefully!

Lane for me at the moment. His positional play in attack has been really good and defensively is solid.

Lussick needs a few games in ressies to build his match fitness.

He will get his chance as it's unlikely we will go the season without any injury or suspension. Also Jake will play origin meaning someone like tangles or lane to 13 opening a spot on the bench.

Lane is showing enough drive to maintain his spot so Trent will have to find another avenue for Darcy’s return. Problem I have with Darcy is he has a short circuit or two in him.

Loving Lane's work so far this season, but Lussick brings more aggression and experience - provided he stops giving away silly penalties and/or drop balls.

No harm alternating Lane occasionally to Blacktown, as part of his development.

What a pack with a fit and fired-up Darcy as well.

For the first time in two years, Darcy has serious competition for his spot. He will need to step up to earn/keep it.
Dont fix what aint broken, hope someone else hasnt said that

I hope Lussick pushes to make the side again but to be honest he’s inconsistent and dumb as far as silly penalties go. you never really know what you’re going to get with him. I feel like with blokes like paseka and the jetski coming through his spot really isn’t a guarantee. His form last year really didn’t leave much to be desired and it was only because of plodders like Myles and brown in the side that made him look better. Prove me wrong luss please

Lane offers less penalties, more offloads, better metres, and basically is a WIP to something a lot better.
Darcy offers more penalties, no offloads, less metres, and his upward trajectory is limited @ 28.

On his day Darcy can be as good as Matt Scott battering into defenses and belting opposition players. HE just doesn't have very many of those days these days lol.

Lane please, until proven otherwise.

Lane, who has been knocked from pillar to post for almost 2 years for his continual lack of effort, attitude and impact is now a first choice first-grader after less than 80 minutes of FG in 2 games.

Just sayin'.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10