She-Rex gives us more reason to dislike him

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
voicefromthehill said:
Ryan said:
Personally, I reckon our roster is the best in the league, and anything less than top four to me is a failure.
Can you please just put this in your signature line, that way you can be sure you don't forget to make the same point in all posts.

I reckon he should just go with "I don't like Geoff Toovey".

Ryan said:
The Who said:
He's all over the media, saying he's fitter than when he was at Manly; he's hungrier, he's more fired-up . . .
Let's see if this overated buffoon does play to his potential for the opposition. He certainly didn't for us!

To be fair, Toovey DOES seem to adapt the more laid back approach to training compared to Hasler who paid attention to detail.
Personally, I reckon our roster is the best in the league, and anything less than top four to me is a failure.

And you are basing this assumption on?????

We actually finished better last year defending the 11 title than we did in defending the 08 title when Des was coach.

Masked Eagle said:
Ryan said:
The Who said:
He's all over the media, saying he's fitter than when he was at Manly; he's hungrier, he's more fired-up . . .
Let's see if this overated buffoon does play to his potential for the opposition. He certainly didn't for us!

To be fair, Toovey DOES seem to adapt the more laid back approach to training compared to Hasler who paid attention to detail.

We actually finished better last year defending the 11 title than we did in defending the 08 title when Des was coach.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&ved=0CEgQFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.couriermail.com.au%2Fsport%2Fnrl%2Fmanly-sea-eagles-coach-geoff-toovey-says-he-is-no-des-hasler-clone%2Fstory-e6frep5x-1226320683073&ei=txQ4Uc-GM-fMmgWJkoCIAg&usg=AFQjCNHzynWlQPpOwbYfy2C0VE9yH_Vlug

That's one quick article I found. There are others in a similar vein. We don't need laid back and relaxed. Lat year it lead us to losses against the lowest teams, and defensive deficiencies.

Our team needs a master hand, and deserves such.

I do not believe everything I read in the papers. There is no doubt they are different but I bet Tooves is not as relaxed as some of the articles made out. You just need to look into the coaches box during a game or see his half time addresses to see he is not laid back and relaxed.

Ryan said:
Masked Eagle said:
Ryan said:
The Who said:

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&ved=0CEgQFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.couriermail.com.au%2Fsport%2Fnrl%2Fmanly-sea-eagles-coach-geoff-toovey-says-he-is-no-des-hasler-clone%2Fstory-e6frep5x-1226320683073&ei=txQ4Uc-GM-fMmgWJkoCIAg&usg=AFQjCNHzynWlQPpOwbYfy2C0VE9yH_Vlug

That's one quick article I found. There are others in a similar vein. We don't need laid back and relaxed. Lat year it lead us to losses against the lowest teams, and defensive deficiencies.

there is more than one way to achieve success, being relaxed does not automatically translate to a lack of desire to win. Why did we lose so badly in 2010 final against Melbourne with the brilliance of Des?

Pep Guardiola and Jose Mourinho, both considered brilliant coaches, both very different to each other in demeanour.

Garts said:
I do not believe everything I read in the papers. There is no doubt they are different but I bet Tooves is not as relaxed as some of the articles made out. You just need to look into the coaches box during a game or see his half time addresses to see he is not laid back and relaxed.
I doubt he's up there pulling bongs.

he will fit into the dogs relly well,we called him the Labradore,always bludging on the blind,biggest disappointment ive seen in footy

voicefromthehill said:
Ryan said:
Masked Eagle said:
Ryan said:
The Who said:

there is more than one way to achieve success, being relaxed does not automatically translate to a lack of desire to win. Why did we lose so badly in 2010 final against Melbourne with the brilliance of Des?

Pep Guardiola and Jose Mourinho, both considered brilliant coaches, both very different to each other in demeanour.

True that.

That being said, I wasn't very happy with some of our defensive displays at crucial times & some of our performances against the lower ranked teams.

What was a bit crazy, given the above statement, we still ranked 3rd in the NRL in defense, but 8th in attack. We clean up some of those lazy games against the bottom teams, I reckon we are a two / three game improved winner, potentially making us minor premiers.

I think that is the quality of our team, and I think it's up to Toovey to get that (and hopefully a few more tries) out of the team - I want to see progression, even in the veterans game, and I didn't see that last season - I saw a bit of regression from the season before.

Before seeing the class that is Craig Bellamy & how he dealt with his contract negotiation, I held Hasler in very high regard. I think he's a fantastic leader (Hasler), but I think his values and character is garbage, and he's a low-life. For that reason, I'd ow rate Toovey ahead of him.

With our roster, I expect Toovey's performance to improve (we came 4th last year). I expect our "for" stat to improve. I would be happy for our against stat to remain the same, but at crucial times, be more consistent. I expect some of our veterans to have better years (G Stewart, Matai, Watmough, Rose) I'm looking at you. I think they need to tweek their games, and I think Toovey needs to be innovative enough to show them how (or coach them).

Surely these aren't unrealistic or unfair expectations on whoever is our coach? Do I like Toovey? No, straight up for whatever reasoning "is my own" (character piece again). Do I want him to succeed? HEeeEeeLlllLllL yiiieeeahhh, because if he is doing well, Manly is doing well, and I'm one very, very happy camper.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2