Should Jarrod Mullen be allowed back playing in NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Mullen has been on a 4 year ban for steroid use and supply cocaine. He is yet to complete his 300 hour community service order on the second matter. He's applied to be allowed to return to the game, I suppose in 2021.

My personal view is guarded but I also believe that rehabilitation is useless if there is no carrot. Over to you guys.

Mullen has been on a 4 year ban for steroid use and supply cocaine. He is yet to complete his 300 hour community service order on the second matter. He's applied to be allowed to return to the game, I suppose in 2021.

My personal view is guarded but I also believe that rehabilitation is useless if there is no carrot. Over to you guys.
Everyone deserves a second chance, he didn't commit murder, or child molestation

If His eyes says he is done with stuff maybe. Whether he should at 34 with the new rules and Injuries is another matter.

Let him try his luck, if he’s paid his price to society, then he deserves to at least try.

There’s a few playing now who’ve fallen foul of the law and been given a second chance.

Personally, I think he’ll struggle to find a club willing to offer a chance to a 34 year old who hasn’t played in years and, IMHO, wasn’t playing that well before his downfall.

Yes, of course. No team will want or need him, but he certainly should be able to try.

Just make sure that Robbie drug Davis is not training him @:D

Watched him play a few games, probably never seen the best of him.

He deserves another shot, part of the rehabilitation process and just maybe he can land a deal with a club.

I don't like Lodge or Packer be allowed to play. I'm all for rehabilitation but I have an issue with hypocrisy. So if your charged with a criminal offence you can't play but if you have been sentenced you can. Go figure? Apparently this discrete difference makes a difference to sponsors and fans. What bull**** - fans booed for weeks when Lodge resumed playing. IMO all these guys should have been permitted to play anywhere but the big show. But the dopes at the NRL have set poor precedent.

I think penalties should always be about demonstrating some form of contrition and facing a penalty determined by society as a form of repaying (not necessarily by money) for past misdeeds. But there must always be a carrot even in life long sentences. There must always be a vested interest, otherwise there is no purpose for a law breaker to reform, even when confined to a prison cell for life. In the end the community suffers. So offering Mullens a carrot gives him motivation to behave. Of course there will always be a small percentage who learn nothing from the experience, but their actions will soon bring them undone

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8