Should the Sharks remain in the comp ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should the Sharks remain in the comp ?

• Yes they should remain in the comp

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No they shouldn't remain in the comp

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Should the Sharks remain in the competition ? while i don't like the Sharks as a club i think they should remain in the comp they have been around since 1967 but time may not be on their side now ??

I don't really think that this is a matter of opinion.

If they can afford to stay, what possible (valid) reason could anyone have to kick any team out?

swoop link said:
Should be another option \"relocate\"

I second the motion. As a Sydney team I don't want them in the comp because in my opinion there are far too many Sydney teams as there is but I am quite open to them relocating elsewhere

You can't say there are too many clubs in Sydney.

Memories are short.
This is the old Sydney comp. Everyone from Canberra & Illawarra onwards are expansion teams. They're guests, invited in to the Sydney comp to add to it, not to replace existing teams.

Brisbane has it's 1st comp too, something which the Broncos don't seem to respect.

This stopped being a Sydney competition years before Super League when the comp was changed from being run by the NSWRL to being run by the ARL. The NSWRL are still running their own comp in which Norths, Wests, Balmain etc are still playing in.

Well if that's the case, Manly only have two premierships and Souths have none. Souths are always quoted as having the most NRL titles.
The current NRL first grade is just an extension of the old ARL first grade which is an extension of the old NSWRL first grade.

It's our comp & we should be guarenteed that if we're born following a team we can die following that team. That goes for all trad clubs, scumbags & all.

Extending your failed logic, people born before 1967 should be calling for the immediate expulsion of the Sharks and Panfers.  Those born before 1947 would prefer we get thrown out along with the slime.

LOL, not once has Duff suggested expulsion for anyone. He has said that expansion should not be at the expense of a current side

Which clubs were sacificed in 67 for the Sharks and Panthers to come in ?

Which clubs were sacrificed in 47 for Manly and Parramatta to come in ?

Kiwi Eagle link said:

Good point KE but i still think the Sharks should have the right to remain in the comp if they can ? but it's not looking good for them at this point.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
LOL, not once has Duff suggested expulsion for anyone. He has said that expansion should not be at the expense of a current side

Tell that to Balmain Tigers, Wests Magpies, Illawarra Steelers, Newtown Jets, Norths Bears,.....and they tried it with Souths once already. Didn't they make way for Broncos, Melb, Cowboys, Warriors, Titans etc

Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=180461.msg224047#msg224047 date=1242982076]

Tell that to Balmain Tigers, Wests Magpies, Illawarra Steelers, Newtown Jets, Norths Bears,.....and they tried it with Souths once already. Didn't they make way for Broncos, Melb, Cowboys, Warriors, Titans etc
[/quote]

That post was in response to Mata's point

In regards to yours, Broncos, Cowboys, Warriors and Titans cost nobody a slot in the comp. Melbourne did at the end of the Super League War, and some of the clubs mentioned went from natural causes, not a knife through the chest

Some would argue otherwise. The knife may not have been in the chest, but it was stuck between the ribs nonetheless.

Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=180461.msg224047#msg224047 date=1242982076]

[/quote]

Wasn't there are Gold Coast team before..the seagulls
and now we have Titans?

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8