Shoulder charge - Roosters Napa not charged!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ralphie said:
bones said:
It was a shoulder charge that hit James Graham's shoulder. Thats why it was just a penalty and no charges by the match review committee. Had it hit Graham in the head then Napa would have been cited to appear before the judiciary.

Richie Fa'oso was charged without hitting the head of Ashley Harrison (I think). He was concussed by the whiplash effect. So why was this any different, Graham finished up injured, just the same as Harrison did??????

Fa'aoso's head hit Harrison's which knocked him out. Fa'aoso was performing a shoulder charge when it happened. Had it been a legal tackle and heads clashed and knocked him out there would be no suspension.

Nothings been said about Everingham from the Bunnies. He's already served a 3 week ban for a shoulder charge and put another one on on the weekend - the final pass for Parra's 1st try. I know it was just a shoulder charge but if they're trying to stamp it out, they're not being consistent.

StuBoot said:
Nothings been said about Everingham from the Bunnies. He's already served a 3 week ban for a shoulder charge and put another one on on the weekend - the final pass for Parra's 1st try. I know it was just a shoulder charge but if they're trying to stamp it out, they're not being consistent.

They are being consistent. South Sydney could get away with murder this year.

StuBoot said:
The one Everingham was suspended for hit the player in the head. The one on the weekend did not.

bones said:
StuBoot said:
The one Everingham was suspended for hit the player in the head. The one on the weekend did not.

True.
But what I'm getting at is that the shoulder charge is now an automatic penalty regardless of where it hits - right?
He's been suspended for a shoulder charge that hit the head but continues to pull off shoulder charges.
Surely the deterrent isn't there, he wasn't even spoken to on the field. I assume that because Parra scored it's all good, but the same wouldn't occur if he tackled the player late -same diff isn't it?

StuBoot said:
bones said:
StuBoot said:

True.
But what I'm getting at is that the shoulder charge is now an automatic penalty regardless of where it hits - right?
He's been suspended for a shoulder charge that hit the head but continues to pull off shoulder charges.
Surely the deterrent isn't there, he wasn't even spoken to on the field. I assume that because Parra scored it's all good, but the same wouldn't occur if he tackled the player late -which should be deemed a penalty.

Its no different to a late tackle. It's a penalty only ....but can draw a suspension if it connects with the head or neck.

The way this is going they would penalise Terry Randall and Ronnie Gibbs every time they tackled with their shoulder first hits that connected with opponents below the waist.

bones said:
StuBoot said:
bones said:
StuBoot said:

True.
Surely the deterrent isn't there, he wasn't even spoken to on the field. I assume that because Parra scored it's all good, but the same wouldn't occur if he tackled the player late -which should be deemed a penalty.

Its no different to a late tackle. It's a penalty only ....but can draw a suspension if it connects with the head or neck.

Ahh...Dugan gets a week for a shoulder charge that looked pretty harmless

Its funny they talk about how teams dont get any advantage if a player gets suspended. Like when Souths sooked that they got no advantage when Faaoso got Inglis. Or when Inglis smashed Young.

But not only do we have one of our players hit high by maria hargraveas last roosters game, they ban him till our next game so he can turn in a MOM performance.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7