Shoulder charge to be BANNED

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The main difference between a shoulder tackle and a shoulder charge is the position of the arm connected to the shoulder that makes contact.

If the arm is tucked in and the body slightly turned then it is basically a shoulder charge.

If the first point of contact is the shoulder but the arm is out in a position where it can wrap around and make a tackle it is ok.

In my opinion they are weeding out the type of tackle where the shoulder is the first point of impact and the elbow is used for defense of the body.

Stevo said:
The main difference between a shoulder tackle and a shoulder charge is the position of the arm connected to the shoulder that makes contact.

If the arm is tucked in and the body slightly turned then it is basically a shoulder charge.

If the first point of contact is the shoulder but the arm is out in a position where it can wrap around and make a tackle it is ok.

In my opinion they are weeding out the type of tackle where the shoulder is the first point of impact and the elbow is used for defense of the body.

That is how I understand it too, but we are dealing with a judicial and ref system that has let us down for years. I'm positive Matai will be targeted but 90+% of his hits look fine to me.

There are many more who have bigger problems. Stevie is the one in our team who will be scrutinized though.

Stevo said:
There are many more who have bigger problems. Stevie is the one in our team who will be scrutinized though.

Like Frank Pritchard - 50% are shoulder charges the other 50% are missed...

Silly question...can a player in possession be charged with a shoulder charge ? A rampaging forward 5m out from the opposition try line, decides not to fend , but instead, decides to use his shoulder to bump a comparatively shorter player defending their line, just before crossing for a try....say , a hit and spin , but with extra feeling...does he need to be air borne perhaps , or is there just no way possible whilst in possession ??

How pathetic was that penalty against J Lyon on Friday night for a shoulder charge? All he did was brace for an unavoidable collision that the attacker instigated.

Now the NRL is talking up how they won't ban lifting or 3 man tackles as they have done exhaustive research over the past 6 rounds of 12K tackles. But where does that leave the shoulder charge over reaction?

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/rugby-league-columnist-nick-walshaw-reveals-the-burning-questions-nrl-must-face/story-fndujljl-1226890750570

Nick Walshaw.

The NRL, we’re told, employed four analysts over six weeks to determine the fate of lifting tackles. So why was the shoulder charge banned on a hunch?

More serious head and neck injuries have happened since the shoulder charge was removed....

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6