Side without Orford thoughts ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Garts has what I was getting at right

You are correct DSM, not my type at all. Has always looked like a cross between a monkey and a rat to me. My ex's little sis was into the bloke though

DSM5 link said:
Actually Kiwi , my daughters think Thurston is cute, and nicci, they also think Brett is hotter.  And Kiwi, I don't think the guy is ugly, maybe just not your type.  Maybe it's the face stubble look you don't fancy.  He's got a good body.    
Bit of stubble - no trouble! Vitamin E cream is good for pash rash.

niccipops link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=180002.msg218328#msg218328 date=1239181277]
Actually Kiwi , my daughters think Thurston is cute, and nicci, they also think Brett is hotter.  And Kiwi, I don't think the guy is ugly, maybe just not your type.  Maybe it's the face stubble look you don't fancy.  He's got a good body.    
Bit of stubble - no trouble! Vitamin E cream is good for pash rash.
[/quote]

Heres a tip. Use an angle grinder before the Vit E.

I know Orford is very ordinary atm. But I do see him as being very professional and he WILL pick up. and he always tries 100%.

Bailey has only played one reasonable game and that was against Penrith.

We should put Lyon back to 5/8, his kicking game was sensational for the last 6 or so weeks last year, which took so much pressure of The Ox. Hopefully we get back to that form.

As for Bailey can he play Centre? if not maybe lock.

I dont understand the inclonclusive comparisons to other halves like JT when we all know Ox will either go this year or more likely re-sign for 1 yr with option for another.

We have up and comers that even today are being looked at by other clubs and we need to recycle the up-down win-lose cycle of premiership challenges.

The real question was could we as a team go back to back with or without Orford.

We might with Orford. We wont with new blood.

Ok.

It's wednesday. I've started cooling down since sunday.

Let me say this: Orford was horrible on sunday no doubt. Instead of slagging him off again this week (his game really did piss me off) I've come around a little bit and am nearly willing to give SOME forgiveness.

My reasons for this are that I think alot of the reasons why he was making the mistakes he was is due to him trying too hard. He was behind a forward pack getting dominated (again and i've already stated the reasons why I think they were dominated) and he was trying anything he could to get us going but it wasn't working.

I think alot of what's been said is true. I can guarantee we won't win the comp without Orford this year. I give us a chance to win it again this year with him though.

We have the Sunday channel 9 game again this week. We are 4 games 4 losses outright last on the table with an abundance of talent sitting in our side. Stewart is back. I'm not expecting him to score 8 tries and win it for us but he does bring stability back into the side and we desperately need that. All players would have trained in their rightful positions all off season and most of them have played in other position all year so far.

Bailey has a wealth of talent and we probably won't see the best of him til mid year. But, it's their for sure and the halves pairing has the potential to flourish once they get to know each other properly.

I think we will win this week. I've previously stated that sunday didn't worry me too much because I expected us to lose (who didn't... after watching that penrith game we were never going to bounce back in 6 days)..... well this week i'm expecting us to win.

Manly 19
Tigers 12

Ms Manly, I wouldn't go so far as to describe Choc as a hotti, maybe you've got him mixed up with our illustrious part-time hooker.  Anyway there seems to be a thought developing in this thread that we can't win back to back without Orful.  I'd dispute this, and my main reason for that is to point out that we're four points down due, in main, to his poor play.  In two games so far, we've started brightly until Orful starts to **** up with his poor end plays.  This then has an accumulated affect on the players, their heads droop, and we begin to play sideways and take poor options.  All problems a captain should deal with on the field.  In my opinion a younger, feistier and hungrier half might just be the answer to tired ordinary predictable end play.  This weekend, Manly 32 (Stewy three tries to) Tiggers 9       

Are they going to kcik an early field goal DSM?..

I am just hoping for a win dont care whether it is 1 point or 100 points

You're on the money Fluffster.  I figured they would be eight up in the 39th minute, 30 metres out in front, field goal.  On the hill, mass depression.  In the sheds, Des gets up the boys (I could say replaces Orful, but I won't), and they come out and go on a scoring spree.  32 unanswered points.  On the hill, mass relief. 

It's an odd feeling being worried about beating other cellar dwellers!

eagle_predator link said:
I was thinking if Orford did move on ?? what about this side thoughts ?

1. Stewart
2. Robbo
3. Tony Williams
4. Matai
5. Wolfman
6. Lyon
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Kite
9. Ballin
10. Perry
11. JWH
12. Cuthbo
13. G Stewart

14. Watmough
15. Bani
16. Rose/Rodney
17. Hall
just ignoring the last 5 pages for a minute...I have major concerns about Hodkinson as a serious future halfback option.

I may be wrong but I think history shows players with 3 syllables in their name just don't have a great record as halves. This also counts against Cherry-Evans and the hyphen in his name is even more of a concern.

Foran has to be our best bet of the current junior halves. The only chance for the others would be if they have really cool - and short - nicknames.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=eagle_predator link=topic=180002.msg217715#msg217715 date=I]
I was thinking if Orford did move on ?? what about this side thoughts ?

1. Stewart
2. Robbo
3. Tony Williams
4. Matai
5. Wolfman
6. Lyon
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Kite
9. Ballin
10. Perry
11. JWH
12. Cuthbo
13. G Stewart

14. Watmough
15. Bani
16. Rose/Rodney
17. Hall
just ignoring the last 5 pages for a minute...I have major concerns about Hodkinson as a serious future halfback option.

I may be wrong but I think history shows players with 3 syllables in their name just don't have a great record as halves. This also counts against Cherry-Evans and the hyphen in his name is even more of a concern.

Foran has to be our best bet of the current junior halves. The only chance for the others would be if they have really cool - and short - nicknames.
[/quote]i
You must not be able to count, cherry-Evans has 4 syllables in his name

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8