Side without Orford thoughts ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
eagle_predator link said:
What injury does Ox have ?

I'm not saying that this is his injury but it is probably his groin again.

eagle_predator link said:
I was thinking if Orford did move on ?? what about this side thoughts ?

1. Stewart
2. Robbo
3. Tony Williams
4. Matai
5. Wolfman
6. Lyon
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Kite
9. Ballin
10. Perry
11. JWH
12. Cuthbo
13. G Stewart

14. Watmough
15. Bani
16. Rose/Rodney
17. Hall

After 4 losses and possibly (hopefully not) more some changes may have to be made.

Sloths Sydney lost a number of games but then they blooded young Sandow, he has been a relevation.

Is it too early to give one of the red hot young guns a go! 

Kiwi, don't even mention Thurston's kick out on the full.  1 from 8 tells you where I stood in that match.  But I seem to recall Saint Orful kicking out, not once, but twice on Sunday, and I do believe NQ conjured up 18 points to our 6.  Don't tell me you think Thurston's not a better half than Orful?  I happen to think he is, but then again, I'm 'so out there', right Isz?     

Kiwi Eagle link said:
DSM, you stated Thurston would have gotten us home, well he didn't look too flash last night, even a nice little kick out on the full at a crucial point

I was at the game, Thurston was horrible... Got to be close to one ofhte most overrated players I've ever seen.

Orful v Thurston.  All players have an off day.  Orful has had plenty.  Hopefully we'll see him take this Sunday's game by the throat and make a statement.  I'll be very happy if he does, not surprised if he doesn't.  We'll win though.   

Give me Orford any day over that peice of crap Thurston. You guys have an incredibly short and un loyal memory. I cant think of a half back who is in good form just at moment apart from Prince, and hes injured. Orford will get us there if the weight is lifted of his back.

DSM5 link said:
Kiwi, don't even mention Thurston's kick out on the full.  1 from 8 tells you where I stood in that match.  But I seem to recall Saint Orful kicking out, not once, but twice on Sunday, and I do believe NQ conjured up 18 points to our 6.  Don't tell me you think Thurston's not a better half than Orful?  I happen to think he is, but then again, I'm 'so out there', right Isz?      

Nice deflection DSM, but you did state that Thurston would have gotten us home, yet he couldn't do that for his own side with far better cattle than Orford had to work with in the backline

I won't declare Orford as a better player, but do recall Orford playing all over the top of him in the 07 GF Qualifier, along with Orford leading his side to a Premiership which Thurston has not achieved as yet

anyone who thinks Orford is better than Thurston needs their heads examined.

Purely on consistency.. throw in Thurston in our side wed win the comp every year. Throw Orford in Nth Qld side... youll see them near the bottom or midtable.

The reports that Cronk was signed for ... what ... $250k? Astounding. Unbelievable. Wouldn't pay more for Orford than Cronk.  Would love to see a genuine playmaker/kicker added to the halves, and wouldn't drop Ox to do that.

Look, I'll acknowledge that Orful was in the team in 07, and 08 and was there in the GF last season.  There, everyone happy now.  It's just that I didn't/don't see him perform week after week to any great heights.  Sure he got us home a couple of times with a good kick, but many other times he lost us games with a bad kick.  As I've said, two this year.  You really can't live in the past and to suggest that as he was around last year, then he should be still deified as something special, he's just not.  And Kiwi, I don't rate the Cows backs, except Bowen.  Qld Eagle to my knowledge Thurston has got the Maroons home a number of times ovre the years.  Don't rate him?  Weird.  

DSM5 link said:
Look, I'll acknowledge that Orful was in the team in 07, and 08 and was there in the GF last season.  There, everyone happy now.  It's just that I didn't/don't see him perform week after week to any great heights.  Sure he got us home a couple of times with a good kick, but many other times he lost us games with a bad kick.  As I've said, two this year.  You really can't live in the past and to suggest that as he was around last year, then he should be still deified as something special, he's just not.  And Kiwi, I don't rate the Cows backs, except Bowen.  Qld Eagle to my knowledge Thurston has got the Maroons home a number of times ovre the years.  Don't rate him?  Weird.  
I rate him (Thurston) as being reasonably cute, but not nearly as hot as Stewart - sorry boys just having a chick moment.

Thurston has it all over orford, who else would you want leading the way atif you were say stuck at coffs with nothing to do?

I'd take Thurston any day over Orford. How anyone can say Orford is better is beyond me. Thurston -Qld and Aussie rep. Orford ??  He has the ability to win games on his own as he has shown. Orford has the ability to win games win everyone around him is playing well.

And for the record I'm not knocking Orford because he is not playing well at the moment. As stated in previous threads I have never liked him and didn't want the sea eagles to sign him and believe he is being well over paid.

niccipops link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=180002.msg218311#msg218311 date=1239171516]
I rate him (Thurston) as being reasonably cute, but not nearly as hot as Stewart - sorry boys just having a chick moment.
[/quote]

LOL, I always thought Thurston would be 1 of the ugliest creatures running round in the NRL

I do not think Kiwi is saying Orford is better than Thurston.  My take is that he is saying Thurston does not perform to high standards each week like some here think Orford should.  Tbh I have not seen Thurston play a good game for the Cowboys in farking ages, he kills it with Qld and Aus as he is surrounded with quality. 

Actually Kiwi , my daughters think Thurston is cute, and nicci, they also think Brett is hotter.  And Kiwi, I don't think the guy is ugly, maybe just not your type.  Maybe it's the face stubble look you don't fancy.  He's got a good body.    

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4