sign Nathan Cleary now

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Maybe we need a Turbo icon, for posters who shoot from the hip.

I'd like to see a "Rocket Surgeon" icon introduced as a Silvertails forum original.
Given the way this seasons has "progressed" I think something along the lines of a "it's sarcasm, I get it" emoji to support all the posters whose wit excels in posts straight after a loss that are loaded with a bitter irony.

Instead of buying all these players,why not develop them so they have a passion to play for manly.This yr has proven that the players they signed on big money haven't performed.And as the last 10 yrs have shown,signing players on the cheap just looking for an opportunity has worked very well

Nathan Cleary is the real deal. Walker is good to go in the 3 if he doesnt make it at 6. This kid owned the 20s last year. Son of a former Manly player. Lock him in now that Moltzen is gawn. 4 year deal.
So I first made this call 2 seasons ago. Gee the kid has kicked on. I would be happy to give Hastings first crack at 6 this year and front loaf the contracts of Jake turbo walks and tapow in order to build a war chest for his services.

I suspect this is why easts signed cronk so when he retires they will go after him.

Are we the silvertails or not.

So I first made this call 2 seasons ago. Gee the kid has kicked on. I would be happy to give Hastings first crack at 6 this year and front loaf the contracts of Jake turbo walks and tapow in order to build a war chest for his services.

I suspect this is why easts signed cronk so when he retires they will go after him.

What do you mean about walks taupau and trbo's contracts

How old is Barrett? Maybe he could squeeze out one last season in the 6.
Or surely we have some young Hopoates or Trbojevics we could promote.
How about Cuthbo, he had decent ball skills.
So many options, so little time.

Last edited:

I said the same in another thread. Spot on.

I hate to be a stickler for facts, however, you did only say this about 16 months ago.

giphy.gif

Instead of back ending, front loading so give them an extra 200k each next year amd take 200k off the last year of their contract. Push the 800k forward 2 years when cleary is available.
Unfortunately this will never work. If we front load a contract now as soon as the players money drops he gets the tom tits, causes disruption, other clubs circle and offer him more money and we cut him loose. So in reality contracts are back ended 1. To stay under the cap and hope the cap goes up next year and 2. To stop the scenario of guys coming in taking big money and then p@#sing off when the contract money is dropping.

Unfortunately this will never work. If we front load a contract now as soon as the players money drops he gets the tom tits, causes disruption, other clubs circle and offer him more money and we cut him loose. So in reality contracts are back ended 1. To stay under the cap and hope the cap goes up next year and 2. To stop the scenario of guys coming in taking big money and then p@#sing off when the contract money is dropping.

Pigs tit.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4