Signing News:-

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Had a couple of spare minutes, this is what Perry has been producing compared to King this season

King 48 min 13.7 hit ups 118 m 22 tackles 1.5 missed
Perry 43 min 9.4 hit ups 80.1m 20.1 tackles 1.6 missed

I'm not knocking Willo's effort, he always gives 100%, and he probably is a nice bloke to boot. But really what will he offer the team next year ?? Presuming Menzies goes around again than he is hardly going to get a starting spot in the back row over Choc, Stewey 2 and Beaver. Granted Beaver isn't in career best form, but even at his worse he is still as good a defender as Willo and streets ahead in attacking potential.

If we are looking at Willo as our bench utility than what will he offer in terms of spark off the bench ??? NOTHING. I'd rather Dunley if that's the case, and that is saying something.

If he is happy to hang around and play PL next year for our depth, than good luck to him. But I don't see how he can seriously figure in our first 17 plans.

Ryan, info is pretty well spot on. Info I heard was that if Steve Bell stayed so would Willo, (it would appear their respective wives are very close friends). The Manly doctor said Rose would not leave the club particularly after the club has been making the payments on his mortgage until he is up and running. Matai had agreed to stay around the time the club chose to let Burns go to the Cowboys.

Head this over th last 3-4 weeks. Hope this backs up your info Ryan.

I doubt Ryan was looking for validation, but thanks anyway.

Had a couple of spare minutes, this is what Perry has been producing compared to King this season

King 48 min 13.7 hit ups 118 m 22 tackles 1.5 missed
Perry 43 min 9.4 hit ups 80.1m 20.1 tackles 1.6 missed

So Perry is halfway between King version 2006 and King version 2007.

I'm not knocking Willo's effort, he always gives 100%, and he probably is a nice bloke to boot. But really what will he offer the team next year ?? Presuming Menzies goes around again than he is hardly going to get a starting spot in the back row over Choc, Stewey 2 and Beaver. Granted Beaver isn't in career best form, but even at his worse he is still as good a defender as Willo and streets ahead in attacking potential.

If we are looking at Willo as our bench utility than what will he offer in terms of spark off the bench ??? NOTHING. I'd rather Dunley if that's the case, and that is saying something.

If he is happy to hang around and play PL next year for our depth, than good luck to him. But I don't see how he can seriously figure in our first 17 plans.

Agreed.

I thought a bench of:-

Clint Halden
George Rose
Josh Perry
Glenn Hall

would have looked more balanced...

But maybe Des is saying Beaver will be a full time centre to end his career, to alleviate injury? :lol:

I seriously wouldn't be surprised with that idiocy TBH.

Heard a rumour that Des has sent Halden & Groom to the Cliff Lyons school of 5/8 ing for 8 hours a week for the next month out at Narabeen. Here's hopin they learn something.

[quote author=mellonhead]
Ryan, info is pretty well spot on. Info I heard was that if Steve Bell stayed so would Willo, (it would appear their respective wives are very close friends). The Manly doctor said Rose would not leave the club particularly after the club has been making the payments on his mortgage until he is up and running. Matai had agreed to stay around the time the club chose to let Burns go to the Cowboys.

Head this over th last 3-4 weeks. Hope this backs up your info Ryan.
I doubt Ryan was looking for validation, but thanks anyway.
[/quote]

So the posts you & Ryan make are interchangable eh.

Heard a rumour that Des has sent Halden & Groom to the Cliff Lyons school of 5/8 ing for 8 hours a week for the next month out at Narabeen. Here's hopin they learn something.

They should also send Lyon as well.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7