Signings for 2018

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Andrew..

Bencher
Tipping Member
I only saw the second half of the Blacktown v Newcastle game and I thought Shaun Lane went missing at times.
Am I being unfair on him ? How was he in the first half ?

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
I only saw the second half of the Blacktown v Newcastle game and I thought Shaun Lane went missing at times.
Am I being unfair on him ? How was he in the first half ?

No, not unfair. He doesn't so much go missing as much as he doesn't go looking for work. He is not playing with the energy or determination that you would expect from a bloke hoping to be noticed by the 1st grade coach. (I'm being kind)

Hastings has to start at hooker and three forwards and API on the bench. API can use his enthusiasm in the later part of the first half and Hastings can then cover backline positions.

Anyway. I'm starting to think woods on not overs would be a good buy. Heard on the radio Kane Evans off to parra thought he could have been a good signing. I'd take graham too if perret is going to cut it. Amone has potential too. Jarrad Kennedy is solid but injured.

I don't know any second rowers off contract that could unseat Bainbridge for a shot. I'd love to see JSL playing with this structure we have now. I think he was burnt. Think if we are looking at toupu on the wing then give Jorge a one year deal and see how he goes in the second row. Stranger things have happened.

Anyway let's not lose sight of the fact that matai and the snake are technically still part of this squad. This year is okay. If you told me yesterday we would lose to the storm by 4 I would have said that sucks but it's acceptable.

Hgbcds

Reserve Grader
Hastings has to start at hooker and three forwards and API on the bench. API can use his enthusiasm in the later part of the first half and Hastings can then cover backline positions.

Anyway. I'm starting to think woods on not overs would be a good buy. Heard on the radio Kane Evans off to parra thought he could have been a good signing. I'd take graham too if perret is going to cut it. Amone has potential too. Jarrad Kennedy is solid but injured.

I don't know any second rowers off contract that could unseat Bainbridge for a shot. I'd love to see JSL playing with this structure we have now. I think he was burnt. Think if we are looking at toupu on the wing then give Jorge a one year deal and see how he goes in the second row. Stranger things have happened.

Anyway let's not lose sight of the fact that matai and the snake are technically still part of this squad. This year is okay. If you told me yesterday we would lose to the storm by 4 I would have said that sucks but it's acceptable.
Good post . But what about George's ability to score in the corner top notch won't do that from second row

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I'd be surprised if there wasn't a few departures at the end of the year but I'm like @Wombat64 , it doesn't need to be yet another bloodbath.

We have another year of Brown/Myles but they'll be gone in 2019 ( and who knows maybe before).

1/6/7/9 are the most important positions and we have locked down two of those.

9 may work out between Api & Hastings, but we do need a 6 post Green.

And yes someone like James Graham, we are desperate for an experienced forward leader.

Hgbcds

Reserve Grader
I'd be surprised if there wasn't a few departures at the end of the year but I'm like @Wombat64 , it doesn't need to be yet another bloodbath.

We have another year of Brown/Myles but they'll be gone in 2019 ( and who knows maybe before).

1/6/7/9 are the most important positions and we have locked down two of those.

9 may work out between Api & Hastings, but we do need a 6 post Green.

And yes someone like James Graham, we are desperate for an experienced forward leader.
Jake will be more experienced next year , younger and better than graham.oliver Clark would be a good buy from Penrith

Simonmyers11

First Grader
I have been watching luke lewis this year and he has looked as good as ever. Solid defense, making tackle busts, leading the kick chase, a very under rated ball player. He is off contract and so is winterstein. Id be more than happy with lewis in our back row to sure up the defence even for only the next two years before hoppa and Bainbridge step up.

Not sold on green either. He is pretty avg and wont win us a premiership. Would love foran back at 5/8 and hastings more game time at hooker. Would see a well directed side and crisp passing.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
I have been watching luke lewis this year and he has looked as good as ever. Solid defense, making tackle busts, leading the kick chase, a very under rated ball player. He is off contract and so is winterstein. Id be more than happy with lewis in our back row to sure up the defence even for only the next two years before hoppa and Bainbridge step up.

Not sold on green either. He is pretty avg and wont win us a premiership. Would love foran back at 5/8 and hastings more game time at hooker. Would see a well directed side and crisp passing.
We discussed Lewis here this year this past offseason and he was deemed too old and as you know we are never wrong;)

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
Luke Lewis is a medical miracle. Has overcome thyroid cancer, lives with rheumatoid arthritis yet his footy standard remains first class :clap:

Manly need a seasond hard head to inspire our forwards during games.
Myles was bought for just that role :confused:
He's like Wiki was. Former winger who became a workhorse forward.

Maybe his old wing partner Luke Rooney is available to play second row for us lol

chris_niko

Reserve Grader
Think corey harawira-naera may be off contract at this seasons end. Def an upgrade on anything we currently have. Not sure about angus Crichtons contract status at souffs but he looks a special talent. Would love him here

Smokin Joe

Bencher
Adam Blair/Bodene Thompson for second row,Sitaleki Akaualo for lock,Peni Terepo for prop(some experience and hard runners to complement what we already have).Get Amone,Bainbridge,Parker,Taufua,Hopoate,Schuster,Joey Lussick resigned.Also bring in Kato Ottio on wing if he is fully recovered or Malakai Watene-Zelezniak from panthers.Release Myles,Lawrence,L.Brown,J.Kennedy,Matt and Jono Wright,Lane and give Winterstein more time to see if he can improve or not.Other players of interest for me would be Ofahengaue from Donkeys(out of favour there),Pettybourne/Lousi if on the cheap but probably get Workers to target them.Also agree With @Hgbcds about Oliver Clark at prop.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Foran will only break your heart if it doesnt work out.

I think he will be a Bronco.

There will be Panthers jumping ship real soon. Their coach is on the nose and the players will want out if the club supports Hook. He has a touch of the Brian Smiths about him.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Foran will only break your heart if it doesnt work out.

I think he will be a Bronco.

I assume you are being facetious now that the Bronks have bought Bird, seemingly for 5/8. But nothing would surprise me in this imbalanced comp. I suspect Melbourne if Cronk leaves, or Canterbury with his old pal Dessie. Parra may also have a second nibble.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 69 16
12 7 5 135 14
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13