Silvertails Supercoach League

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I have 33 trades left, a high number mainly due to the fact that i had no access for the last 3 weeks.

May as well use them to get a win this week if possible

I used all 4 trades this week and still only have 11 'live' players. :huh: I have 25 trades left

bones said:
You're going down this week mate :p

SBW killed it. Shame he wasn't Capt!

Clint said:
Do you get points for SOO?

No only regular season games but they have a separate SOO supercoach. Check at the top of the supercoach page and you will see a link for supercoach origin.

Pride said:
bones said:

Clint said:

No only regular season games but they have a separate SOO supercoach. Check at the top of the supercoach page and you will see a link for supercoach origin.

Thanks for putting up a fight mate.
The pleasure was all mine.
100 point victory when I only had 12 players to your 16.
*shakes hand*

Anyone with SBW in their team should have used him as their VC loophole. Certainly paid off.

Chip and Chase said:
Anyone with SBW in their team should have used him as their VC loophole. Certainly paid off.

I had SBW as my VC, but why is it a loophole?

Clint said:
Chip and Chase said:

I had SBW as my VC, but why is it a loophole?

Once he scored so high on the Friday night, you could have changed your captain to a player who wasn't playing that round, then SBW becomes your captain. You can only do this if your original choice of captain didn't also play on Friday

You can do it anytime but it works best in bye rounds when it is unlikely you will field a full side anyway.

Basically you pick a VC that may be a player that could go large in score if things go their way. Ideally they play early in the round, preferably Friday night and definitely must play before your nominated C. eg SBW this week.

If your VC does have a big game then you change your Captain to a player who won't play that weekend so that the C doesn't count and they revert to the VC score for double points. Works best in bye rounds where most teams can't field 17 players anyway so you really aren't sacrificing any points by putting a player in as Captain who won't take the field.

bones said:
Pride said:
bones said:

Clint said:

Thanks for putting up a fight mate.
The pleasure was all mine.
100 point victory when I only had 12 players to your 16.
*shakes hand*

I think Steve Price was coaching my squad of players this weekend...

I would have toppled the ladder leading Reaper Crew if I didn't have a brain fade and trade Snake for Inglis.. IDIOT!!! Kicking oneself today :s

A couple of questions for the experienced supercoach gurus.
i) Do the finals count for supercoach?
ii) Trying to sort my trades for this week. Do you try and field the best team for max points or do I bring in D Mortimer and try and make some $$$?
I am going to trade out Manu (injured). I have the $$$ to bring in say Bromwich or C Smith.

Clint said:
A couple of questions for the experienced supercoach gurus.
i) Do the finals count for supercoach?
ii) Trying to sort my trades for this week. Do you try and field the best team for max points or do I bring in D Mortimer and try and make some $$$?
I am going to trade out Manu (injured). I have the $$$ to bring in say Bromwich or C Smith.

SC wraps up before NRL finals. The comp goes to round 22 then SC finals are played for next 4 weeks to round 26 of the NRL season. The SC comp has a top 8 and bottom 8 which breaks away into two separate finals after round 22.

I think Daniel Mortimer is a gamble and has never been a SC performer even when given long minutes but he is at base price. How many trades have you got left? If you have a player in the halves or Front Row who is not going to play any football this season or a player not being used in your team that is bleeding money each week then I would have a go on Mortimer.

Also good choice to sell Manu and I would go for Smith for the long run but his break even is 129 and after playing SOO he might come off early this weekend and score lower than normal so if you can wait a week his price will drop and could be $25k cheaper.

be afraid @bones be very afraid.............................................................
.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
I'm not sure what of....but be afraid of it..:p

Bones just got over me this week which at the end of the day came down to a choke by my captain but he has a very good team, tough to beat.

Post byes things will really heat up

Tough choices this week with little trades left and injuries to Gallen, Peachey, Mansour, Richards and Brenko Lee who are all in my team and up against the top team of the league HumptyDumptys... the SC Gods are working against me!!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6