Sironen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
It’s not like he’s a club legend. He was injured for the majority of his time here and out of form for a fair while too. The club don’t owe him a starting spot. Outside of his one solid run of form a few years back and one great try saving tackle he’s played an occasional serviceable part in a pretty mediocre side.

He always has something to say doesn't he. People can't just move on with class can they. Injury management is always a tricky thing in at all clubs and hindsight is wonderful. How many $1000s did we pay Curtis over the last few years for his services? He wasn't doing us a favour...he was paid handsomely.

This is just like the Lussicks and Hoppa...Dad's still treating grown men like boys.

Last edited:
I thought Balmain boys don't cry?

Obviously wrong

Maybe if Curtis ran better lines instead of cutting back in all the time he would have received more game time

He is injury prone like his brother Bailey

"Curtis could feel his knee just wasn't right but the club were short staffed at the start of season and basically guilted him into playing," said dad Paul, a former Balmain, NSW and Kangaroos star.
"He broke down as a result early in the season and it ruined his whole year."

It's ruthless professional footy and as others have said, players are paid a lot of money to put their bodies on the line. I suspect Jetski was in a similar boat often playing injured, and plenty of other players over the years, but that's what happens, the club's medical staff are far from infallible and sometimes get it wrong.

Disappointed at not getting more time in his farewell game? Fair enough to be disappointed for your son, but Siro Snr knows as well as anyone that there's not much room for sentiment in NRL.

I rarely bag players because I have a fair idea of the hardships they endure to run up and down entertaining us. They earn their money and oftentimes the toll on their bodies lasts the rest of their lives.

I liked Siro as a Sea Eagle. The footy gods winked at him several times but in the end they didn't smile on him.

Siro certainly had his good moments for Manly but unfortunately were in the minority category and sure that he and his Dad would have to accept that reality . Actually for a while there , he and Thommo were as good as any 2 nd row pairing going around but lost count of the number of times Curtis was either injured or suffering a recurrence of an injury . Talented footy player , did not take that much notice bit apparently even had some stints as a 6 back in this Wests tiger days . Certainly can not complain about the coin he was but Manly only got limited value for it , missed a heap of games and form was very patchy for the past couple of seasons . Whatever happened behind the scenes at training and player preparation and injury management can be often open to conjecture , No doubting however that Curtis had some near chronic knee injuries , and hope that he can further his career well and being able to contend with whatever limitations fitness wise .

sirros only gripe could be is that he didnt have the chance to showcase his skills to better his contract negs. as a result he has chosen the UK for some reason . as a result 2020 is his worth and he owned that regardless of who passed him in the pecking order

had moments for manly and he is part of the clubs history wether big sirro likes it or not.

Wow !! I'm blown away...Curtis spent more time on the sideline than on the field and being paid well to boot. He made the right call on his time at Manly, when you struggle to get even a bench spot, that's when you know it's time to move on.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8