Sirro 2019

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
The big bloke has been reasonable, but there was a point before being injured last season he was crashing through the edge defensive line, with hard direct running and appears just a little flatter in attack this season.
Defensively been solid and in fact, not playing poorly, just looked like he was starting to have more impact than what we have seen so far in 2019.
Read a great article recently where Sirro spoke of the pressure of growing and being compared to his dad Paul, who was a Tigers great and Aust representative and he had worked out, just to play his own game and be as good as he can be, which is about the best any player can do, rather then try live up to another player.
He is a big frame and just my personal observation, when Sirro just tucks the ball under the wing and runs hard and direct first....then plays footy second after busting/bending the line, is his best game.
Really rate him and just reckon not seen his best yet in 2019.

Agreed. He needs to get a few straight games under his belt and he will be running those suicide lines in no time. Great player. He could be something special under Des

Brett Stewart once said to me that after a string of injuries you are very tentative , and not just game 1 only.

He said after he came back from his second ACL he really didn’t feel confident to go full on until 3/4 of the way through the season.

So time yet I think.

Needs to get more involved as looks very dangerous every time he touches the ball. Which he has been this year.
Gun of a player.

He has been more aggressive in defence and has improved in that area. Agree re attack, and also agree with @Shoe1 that playing off Cherry will help.

Sirro at Manly has roughly a 60% winning record when on the field, we missed him last year and would have won a few more of those close games (8 lost by a converted try or less).

Think he is mainly focused at staying on the park for now but still playing good footy. Happy to have him stay fit then ramp it up later in the year.

Siro was one of our best last week against Penrith. He was one of the few who was good for the full 80 instead of just for that 5 minute period sometime after the 70th minute.

Hopefully for both the team and himself its the start of his confidence coming back.

I think he's been one of our best in the last month. His runs behind the ruck have been one of our highlights and his edge defence has been superb all season.

He has been a bit flatter agreed i think des has taken away some of his razzle dazzle license and ofcourse coming back from a big imkiry doesnt help

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8