SKD assault case

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Gee this Mike Godwin bloke must be a nazi loving tool.. I wonder how many words on blogs and forums he read just searching for that word nazi.

Are we missing the bigger point here, in that if he is found guilty of this then the same should apply as happened to Packer. Jail time and indefinite ban.

She rejected an earlier offer from the Roosters to provide her with shelter and a car for one month after the break up.

Instead, she asked Mr Canavan to provide her with six months of accommodation, six months use of a car and one month's income.

"I'm undecided as to whether or not to report this to police," she said in the letter, Mr Temby told the court. "I'd prefer this not to become public."

Jessica Peris asked the Sydney Roosters for money before reporting the assault allegations to police, a court has heard. Photo: Peter Rae

She told Mr Canavan she was bankrupt. The court heard she was not working at the time and had large debts she was struggling to meet, including repayments on her car that had been re-possessed.

Her proposal was rejected by the club.

"It wasn't until you found out that there would be no material support forthcoming that you went to police," Mr Temby asked.

"In a sense sir, yes," she said.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ourt-hears-20160225-gn367x.html#ixzz41FM1gmEy
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

Are we missing the bigger point here, in that if he is found guilty of this then the same should apply as happened to Packer. Jail time and indefinite ban.
No jail time for Lui who was a repeat offender. DV is still not treated by our Courts with any real diligence :wondering:

But the NRL would see him attend a rehabilitation program and a good stint out of the game. Similar to Lui or Fergie or A'auva or ... @:cool:

Gee this Mike Godwin bloke must be a nazi loving tool.. I wonder how many words on blogs and forums he read just searching for that word nazi.

In his searching, he probably found a lot of references to these:

Grammar_Nazis____The_Motivator_by_ZlayaHozyayka_1323731.jpg

There's a spelling mistake in that pic! lol, awesome :)
I was wondering how long it would be before somebody picked that up. It's good to see that you were paying attention. :)

I heard she had tried this on with an AFL player prior to this,exactly the same MO.

That apparently went to court also for the same result.

I guess the court wouldn't have heard this but clearly she had some form.

We only have to go back a few years to what happened with Brett to see that just because they are accused it doesn't mean they are guilty.

Not surprised either. Was going to post that I reckon he'll get off. Things like she talked about her cocaine use....but it wasn't allowed to be discussed if he did it or not. (not totally relevant but sounded a bit 'protected'.)

His claim that he was attacked but not investigated in depth.

I'm rushing as I type so forget the above bit....but it just seemed to be a he said she said case.....and they mainly lean toward the not guilty side of things.

They both need help for overuse of texting though!

Crucially, the magistrate found that there was a lack of evidence to corroborate Ms Peris' account, leaving the allegations as "one person's word against another".

"Without any evidence of immediate complaint [about the abuse], without explanation in relation to the bruise on her arm ... and in light of her extremely unusual approach of going to the Roosters before the police ... we are left with nothing more than suspicion," he said

"I therefore dismiss the remaining charges."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ce-charges-20160229-gn68b9.html#ixzz41WMoJvOg

I called it when I said they had a toxic relationship and should get as far away from each other as possible. 40,000 messages! wow get a life.

Just like you should not judge her?

I will stand by my original statement :

"Like Mother, Like Daughter"

There was previous form on this matter from Jessica Peris and if you look back through old news articles Nova Peris (mother) had also done something similar, her personal life was filled with controversy.

The sad fact is how these false allegations cause consequences for the innocent party. It takes it out of you physically and mentally, no one should have to go through it.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8