Slaters Elbow

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
mozgrame said:
master blaster said:
mozgrame said:
Does Slater have eyes in the back of his head? Does he have snail eyes? He lashed out with the elbow sure, there is no doubt of that, but to say he absolutely intended to or deliberately attacked another players head with an elbow is ridiculous. If he can pick and strike his target exactly where he wants with an elbow from the position he was in, he would be lethal in the UFC.

jbb/james said:
mozgrame said:
I'd have done the same thing in that position. If you're good enough to play rough, you should be good enough to cop a bit back. Why did Slater react in the way he did? What did he mean by "One all c**t"?

I think what he is meant is, It was no accident and it was premeditated

So....the smart thing would have been if he had just laid on the ground until given a penalty after the refs review the Pearce tackle? Then he would have been a diving dog and milker. We go on and on about how tough the game is and how the players should be the same. Well, Slater copped a whack, lashed out in retaliation and got up to play the ball. If the refs didn't think there was anything to go on, play on.

are you kidding or what,he does it all the time,as blocker said,common,your allowed to tackle billy slater,he hates being tackled

Everyone hates being tackled. Everyone hates getting roughed up. Everyone reacts in the way they think is appropriate in that split second. I like the way Slater plays the game. If he was a NSW man he would be described as a tough bloke that doesn't take sh*t. He has that mongrel in him that some people admire in players like Gallen and Bird. He also has respect and compassion and yes I will AGAIN say I would have liked to shake his hand and buy him a beer for the way he treated Wolf when he did his neck.

Slater is targeted for his brilliance, his reactions and because he is a cat.While he can take a hit and is tough he is a sneaky , dirty player who would spit at your mother. He will always be hated by most for the way he goes about his retribution.

I get that at times he retaliates and Pearce did show intent from memory although I wasnt sure it really connected( just going off memory) but retaliation is a chargeable offence.

From memory Inglis dived on a couple of players with elbows and forearms in much the same way Pearce did. But i dont memorise stuff like this or go back and check so dont quote me

Accidental ??!! That'll do me. Obviously the Slimy Slater Grub is on the WWF endangered species list, he is so protected it is embarrassing.

I've never seen a player who can so often accidentally elbow, knee, and kick opposition players. He must be the most accident prone player in history. We can only hope that he is on the receiving end of one of these "accidents" very soon. With any luck it'll be a season ending accident.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
I wonder if the NRL look at forums and realise most fans think that Slater is a koala from the grub acts he performs week in week out.

I'd imagine there would be 15 other threads on this subject on 15 other teams forums (bar the Storms)- Slaters grub act.

ON the subject of people defending him because he held wolfie's neck (moz I know you said this above)

firstly - ok, no worries. If that's what you would do that's ok.

ok?

secondly - a recent unscientific poll showed that out of 10,000 people asked, 10,000 people would do the exact same thing!

The fact that some people think he's a good bloke simply because he'd do the one thing everyone else would do, actually shows how much of a protected dog/grub he is and how low our expectations of this tosspot truly are.

It's like giving a dad father of the year because they don't hit their kids.

Slater = Bad.

when Brett elbowed the souffs player I believe it was a spur of the moment reaction, stupid and a bit of a dog act none the less. He got a grade one, fair cop.

what slater did was obviously pre-mediated which is a whole different story, if he got put on report he should have been charged with a grade two due to the intent.

again, big fail on the part of the mrc and nrl. Its almost like they have a list of indiscretions and how they were last dealt with and purposely deal with them differently for the latest incident.

again, consistently inconsistent

do they not realise they are the laughing stock of not only nrl fans but all sporting fans

globaleagle said:
ON the subject of people defending him because he held wolfie's neck (moz I know you said this above)

firstly - ok, no worries. If that's what you would do that's ok.

ok?

secondly - a recent unscientific poll showed that out of 10,000 people asked, 10,000 people would do the exact same thing!

The fact that some people think he's a good bloke simply because he'd do the one thing everyone else would do, actually shows how much of a protected dog/grub he is and how low our expectations of this tosspot truly are.

It's like giving a dad father of the year because they don't hit their kids.

Slater = Bad.

and in that same game, he came down with a forearm to DCE's head when Daly was on the ground tackled and not a word was said about it.

Chip and Chase said:
Accidental ??!! That'll do me. Obviously the Slimy Slater Grub is on the WWF endangered species list, he is so protected it is embarrassing.

I've never seen a player who can so often accidentally elbow, knee, and kick opposition players. He must be the most accident prone player in history. We can only hope that he is on the receiving end of one of these "accidents" very soon. With any luck it'll be a season ending accident.

I understand now!!!!!

Illegal to "accidentally" hit someone high
Illegal to "accidentally" lift beyond the horizontal
Illegal to "accidentally" lead with your forearm when carrying the ball
Illegal to "accidentally" kick someone when thrashing around in a tackle

Perfectly Ok to elbow someone in the face when thrashing around in the tackle.

I've got it now!!!!

I suspect there is going to be a spate of accidental elbows in the future.

His rap sheet is a mile long. From flying kicks, to knees and elbows. His an absolute GRUB!!! And his mate Smith is just as bad. Can't believe how they both get away with the crap they dish out.

Maybe it's all in our minds as the 'lamestream' media don't seem to have too many stories on it.

!!!!

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
globaleagle said:
Maybe it's all in our minds as the 'lamestream' media don't seem to have too many stories on it.

!!!!
Lamestream media owned the club he played for until a couple of weeks back. They were trying to sell it for a while. Nobody points out defects when they are trying to flog something for top dollar

Not sure what's coming over me (!), but maybe I can see what mozgrame is getting at here.

I recall being totally outraged at Slater's repeated sliding boot tackles on Robbo. And several dozen other dubious or downright dastardly deeds he's performed since then.

However in hindsight a lot of the outrage was because he was a danger-man for our main rivals.

Over the past few years he has been almost deified (absurdly) by sections of the media who have a vested interest in telling viewers they are seeing the greatest ever. That's hardly his fault, Slater never asked for that.

He has made some horrendous howlers in big games. In addition he's been trampled by T Rex. Bitten by the Pommy prop. Head-butted by Hayne. He doesn't shirk.

Slater's no immortal, on the contrary it is increasingly obvious that he is very human. He's got many faults ... yet when all is said and done, he's one of the smallest blokes playing the toughest sport in the world and he has starred for many years, running flat out and putting it on the line in pretty much every game he plays.

The fact he is a grubby cheap-shot merchant is no credit to him, but would we prefer that he runs squealing to the ref when he gets fouled? Or dives and plays dead? He may have done those things, but I can't really recall that just now. On the other hand, if he is the kind who wants to dish it out as well as receive it, so be it. In the game of rugby league there are probably worse crimes. I mean, consider … Gallen is NSW captain, and Bird is one of our most-admired stars! Not many have been grubbier than those two over the last decade.

It's odd, but the more injury-prone Slater gets, and the grubbier he gets, and the more errors he makes, somehow it all makes me dislike him less and admire his unique talent more. I'm sure glad he never played for Manly ... but he has certainly been a worthy adversary.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Not sure what's coming over me (!), but maybe I can see what mozgrame is getting at here.

I recall being totally outraged at Slater's repeated sliding boot tackles on Robbo. And several dozen other dubious or downright dastardly deeds he's performed since then.

However in hindsight a lot of the outrage was because he was a danger-man for our main rivals.

Over the past few years he has been almost deified (absurdly) by sections of the media who have a vested interest in telling viewers they are seeing the greatest ever. That's hardly his fault, Slater never asked for that.

He has made some horrendous howlers in big games. In addition he's been trampled by T Rex. Bitten by the Pommy prop. Head-butted by Hayne. He doesn't shirk.

Slater's no immortal, on the contrary it is increasingly obvious that he is very human. He's got many faults ... yet when all is said and done, he's one of the smallest blokes playing the toughest sport in the world and he has starred for many years, running flat out and putting it on the line in pretty much every game he plays.

The fact he is a grubby cheap-shot merchant is no credit to him, but would we prefer that he runs squealing to the ref when he gets fouled? Or dives and plays dead? He may have done those things, but I can't really recall that just now. On the other hand, if he is the kind who wants to dish it out as well as receive it, so be it. In the game of rugby league there are probably worse crimes. I mean, consider … Gallen is NSW captain, and Bird is one of our most-admired stars! Not many have been grubbier than those two over the last decade.

It's odd, but the more injury-prone Slater gets, and the grubbier he gets, and the more errors he makes, somehow it all makes me dislike him less and admire his unique talent more. I'm sure glad he never played for Manly ... but he has certainly been a worthy adversary.

Years ago he kicked John Skandalis in the head, then ran away when Skando got up

When he came back from that suspension, he dropped an elbow into somebody's head and got another 4-5 weeks from memory

Another occasion they were playing Saints down in Melbourne, a fight broke out and he ran in 20m to punch Nightengale in the face a few times while 2 Storm men were holding his arms back

He is pure filth

Perhaps someone can enlighten the Forum about the Slater incident that happened in Melbourne Airport (I think) when the Group travelled down there for the 2009 Semi Final.

I have heard 2nd hand of an incident involving Slater and a young Manly fan.

Pretty sure Matai got him once in a Test match too. A video compilation of Slater getting whacked would probably get a lot of hits!

this is the one I was thinking of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj8_wr1uP7g

Ralphie said:
Perhaps someone can enlighten the Forum about the Slater incident that happened in Melbourne Airport (I think) when the Group travelled down there for the 2009 Semi Final.

I have heard 2nd hand of an incident involving Slater and a young Manly fan.

It wasn't at the airport it was outside the ground, a group of the kids ran up to him when he turned up prior to the game and were chanting 40NIL, 40NIL, 40NIL to him (as they should) and he turned round and told them to F off. Champion guy!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4