Sloppy, lazy rubbish

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
How easily 40-0 victories warp expectations of what is an acceptable win.

To most, Geelong Cats and Melbourne Storm looked certain winners this time last year after convincing and flashy wins throughout the year.  And it was battle hardened teams who learned patience under adversity, how to learn from losses and and how to win ugly, who finished over the top of them at the business end of the season.

Still early days, still building nicely.

When doom happens doomsayers boast they were proven right. When it doesn't doomsayers boast their foresight prevented the tragedy.

whinge whinge whinge.

If we didn't have a formidable pack, the Knights wouldn't scared and drop so much ball. Also scoring 44 points against a top5 side is better than average.

were traveling nicely.. the good thing is we still have gears to go upto. You dont want to make a run too early.. still 6 rounds plus 4-5 finals games.. we wont win 11 straight or whatever it is.. we lost 2-3 towards the end of last year.

Interesting that Smith came out and said it was the Manly Defence that won the game....they smashed the knights that much that it caused the errors...

He is either trying to protect his team or a good point for us

I don;t think we have reached any great heights this year at all, even on the recent winning stretch.  On present form we would not win the competition, that is the point.

However, I really don't rate the majority of sides ahead of us either and I think we have their measure when Bullet comes back.  If Hasler picks the blokes who are putting in the effort each week, and they are bolstered by our return to depth, we are in this competition up to our ears and Storm vs Manly Part III is entirely not out of the equation.

I think the bulldogs win was a high; epic forward battle and came from behind showing alot of patience.

the perfomance v the knights did have some of the threatening fluency of last year, esp. with lyon back at 5/8 for attack and him and g stewart cooking some things up (and watmough continuing to cause havoc on the other side). But yes the knights invited us to score lots of tries and get on a roll.

agree mata that the top sides this year don't strike me as unbeatable, and manly with b stewart back could knock any of them off with a decent rub of the green.

ps. your'e a good stirrer. I enjoyed this thread :)

Agreed IMt.  Dan and Matas do have a honed skill in drawing out colourful responses with at times controversial comments.  Tongue in cheek postings at times no doubt.  Entertaining and informative stuff if not taken too seriously, and a good read.

Rex link said:
Agreed IMt.  Dan and Matas do have a honed skill in drawing out colourful responses with at times controversial comments.  Tongue in cheek postings at times no doubt.  Entertaining and informative stuff if not taken too seriously, and a good read.

me post a tongue in cheek comment to stir people up, how dare you accuse me of such a thing...........................:)

Rex link said:
  This thread wouldn't have made a second page without the title I gave it.  ;)

Those who count my smite count against me would do well to note.  :p

he's lucky there were no smites back in his glory days.

He's mellowed a lot in recent times :)

Don't worry Fluffy I have been an "old fart" for years now....one thing age does is make you less "angry"...I rarely get angry about anything (well maybe Banks make me angry but I am not alone in that).

It's called "mellowing in your old age"

Let me tell you when you have grand children EVERYTHING changes...and I have three of them!!

Oh I have found somethig else...stupid Queenslanders at State of Origin time, I do tend to get a tad peeved at them!!

Matabele link said:
We will get found out if we keep playing like this.  Too many dumb penalties and it is killing us.  We are just damned lucky tonight that Newcastle could not hold onto the ball coming out of their 10 and Harrogant gave us the first 50/50 in his career.  In actual fact Forwan was clearly offside, I think old Billy boy is legitimately losing his sight.

All the Knights had to do was hold onto the ball and get the odd repeat set and we'd have been in trouble.  I can't believe Gould was so easily deceived that we're now the real deal. 

Re stated.

The thing to add is that what lost the game tonight was piss poor options on the 5th tackle.  We gifted them two tries that way.  Plus our ball handling was ordinary.

Hopefully the penny has dropped that we can't continue to give away 14-18 point starts by being idiotic and expect to challenge the competition - as ordinary as the other sides ahead of us are.  If we play for 80 we're a chance, but that seems a pipe dream at the moment.

C'mon, their tries were farkin arsey length of the field jobs. You expect one of those a game.....not 3. Their defence was pretty good in that first half and forced a lot of our errors, got to give credit to the Tigers there.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2