SMH column rips into "thuggish misconduct", Toovey & Manly players!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
niccipops said:
niccipops said:
undefined

Internet conked this morning mid post. That word wasn't even in the post. The featured article will satisfy the morons. That GI can be painted as a helpless victim astounds me. On Smh league page there's a Gus video questioning whether Inglis's style of play leads him to be the victim of these tackles. Haven't been able to get it to work but it might be worth a look.
Thanks for explaining that, I assumed it was just another cryptic post that had sailed way over my head.

Sheehan is the SMH's resident right wing ratbag who doesn't ever let the facts get in the way of his buffoonish rants. He usually confines his football analysis to breathless descriptions of GPS school boy rugby contests - which I suspect he finds vaguely arousing. He talks in a high pitch nasal whine and is famous for writing a column extolling the virtues of a 'miracle' water which was later exposed as a complete sham. A dickhead of the highest order.

Hamster Huey said:
mozgrame said:
Hamster Huey said:
Irony - Manly fans bagging a journo for his right-leaning attitude, when their team is smack bang in the middle of a right-leaning community...and the story doesn't even go into the journos politics!!!

Are some of you so bereft of insults for a crap journo writing a crap piece, that you need to rely on the left/right dig?!?!? Did any of you feel the need to rip into Jacqueline Magney's left-leaning political stance, when ripping her stories about the Brett Stewart case?

No wonder political debate in this country has gone down the gurglar, when people can only see through one eye, or the other; even drawing reference where there is no connection.

Gurgler ;)

:D You say tomato and I say tomato...

WTF! Gets my vote for silliest post of the year so far.

So obviously the "No one likes us, we don't care" catchcry has been replaced with "No one likes us, but we're sensitive so please refrain from such vulgar allegations, by the way, We are Manly"

I'm pretty sure since the days of Dally Messenger, star players have been "targeted".
If we wanted to sit down and go through last Friday nights game minute by minute, you wouldn't see too many tackles where Souths weren't trying to hammer Snake.

For F@#k sake. This guy is a numpty.

Don't ya love the "thugged by Toovey's players" remark? This is the sort of fella that had it bad in school and now he's exacting revenge with his keyboard.

He's also the kind that would call an end to boxing, league, union or any contact sport. He would have us play checkers instead.

When I played League as a youngun, I knew it was a tough, Gladiator, contact sport. I didn't whine and call mommy when I was speared or hit high. It was my choice to walk into the arena and I know of the risks before I laced on my boots.

Even though I didn't commit foul play on opposition players, I know there are those who would cross that boundary and do it to me. I accept the reality of the situation.

The exaggeration of the incidents is a complete farce.
The way he described it, as if there was a massacre.

Even domed-headed, Sterlo said "I don't believe that Sea Eagles' prop Richie Fa'aoso should have been sent off during the Brookvale clash and that has been supported by the grading of his two charges."

I don't know what prejudice some people have against Matai but it's embarrassing. Matai (bar one incident in a 2007 test match) is one of the fairest players there is. He plays hard and hits hard. Sometimes, the timing is off but when you run at speed against each other. It's a split second thing that can come off great or sour. Matai is ultra competitive but as he said, he "play it tough but within the boundaries". He should never have been charged for that tackle.

If these so called journos wants to analyse Matai's hit against Burgess, they only have to ask his big brother, Sam, who called it a "fair hit". You would think a proper journo would interview the family or the "victim" before writing their piece. Instead, their bigotry is seeping through their twaddle and spitting it out under the guise of news.

Dirty players, I've seen plenty. But none of the Manly ones would even rate a mention against some of the other players.

Mark from Brisbane said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Oh s**t the spelling Nazi's are back!!

Sorry @[Mark from Brisbane], it's spelling Nazis. No apostrophe.

As I said here come the spelling NAZIS ok not NAZI'S....and I like it with the apostrophe looks way better

The apostrophe does look good in the word Nazis. Sort of like a little moustache.

Rex said:
Moondog said:
I feel we should leave the Nazi party out of this.
Or bring it in. Always funny watching HH desperately defending anything right wing while claiming he's apolitical.

Do you try and act the stereotypical rusted-on extreme, or is it a natural go-to for you? You're like those crazy Qld'ers up here that insist that if you don't wear a maroon jersey and yell 'Queenslander', you're a NSW supporter. Don't worry that I'm WA'lian and have no allegience either way.

A look through my posts will indicate a healthy disappointment for political parties, left or right. Just because you disagree with my PoV at times, doesn't automatically mean I'm the other extreme to your obvious leaning.

In the end though, it's a great laugh to see you flounder in projecting your views and resorting to try random cheap (and incorrect) shots at myself and other posters to help you feel relevent here.

Here's a tip; once you find yourself in a hole, stop digging. Going harder just makes it worse.

Has anyone seen Sheehan and Alan Jones in the same room at the same time?

Apart from sharing a sleeper on the Orient Express or a cabin on a Danube cruiseship I mean....

Phantar said:
Has anyone seen Sheehan and Alan Jones in the same room at the same time?

Apart from sharing a sleeper on the Orient Express or a cabin on a Danube cruiseship I mean....

More like a toilet cubicle in a park somewhere.

I don't see the problem with those tackles on Inglis, dropping him on his head would be the safest way to put him down.

Wow those tackles on Inglis really battered him......NOT.

On Fire tonight for such a beaten and battered player.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6