Smith and Slater

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
meh, slater took a dive.

Anyway, the nrl have thrown up their arms about the bad look of the tackle (and outcome) with archer saying only 2 hours later it was a send off offence (and probably right.)

Sam Burgess can look at dce, change direction to run at him, hit him full force with his shoulder whilst dce isn't prepared for it and not only is there silence from archer but some of us sent emails requesting clarification only to be given a generic response weeks later that the nrl thought the off the ball tackle was fine(even though Sam got a written warning about it.)

Certainly pays to be a golden boy/team! But surely there should be some middle ground.

That said, I guess slater will need a few bex's today!

but my supercoach......

I resisted picking Captain Scum in my team all year and lost most weeks to teams with him because I wanted to have players in there that I enjoy watching and cheering for. Not the best strategy I know but it's supposed to be fun.

This week I just said "ah fkit if I pick him it will just nullify my oponents advantage and me picking him might be the only way the bastard will ever get injured"

You are welcome! Pity it's not the season but I'll take it.

I'm no Melbourne Storm fan by a long shot though I do admire their ability to stay near the top year by year and their contests against Manly. I'm also mindful of some dangerous tackling styles Slater displayed earlier in his career sliding feet first into opposition players heads when they were scoring tries. He deserved time out for those incidents and for a time they were ignored. But fair dinkum Soliolo's late head high tackle on Slater was one of the worst I've seen in quite some time. I know Slater was sliding but Soliolo hit him late, intentionally without any sign of pulling out of the tackle, and it would have still been high if Slater was upright. Slater was stretchered off with potentially a serious neck injury reducing the Storm's player strength through foul play. For the life of me, how was that not a send off offence...and without question. It set a dreadful precedent that you can send a thug out to take a star out of the game illegally and still play with your full roster while the opposition are down one. How would this have seemed if Canberra had won.

This is not about Slater or Soliolo individually. Its about ensuring the stars of our game are not targeted viciously and illegally to take them out of the game. What if this had been DCE or Tom T. We would be screaming. This demonstrates to be yet another failing of the administration of the game. They are weak, biased, ineffective and showing a poor respect for the game...get rid of them and then get refs taking appropriate action to protect our best players from thuggery

The ref's boss, Archer, has admitted that he should have been sent off.
So nothing more to see here. Move on.
If the NRL wants to get more interest in the sport then the idea of making refs appear at media conferences after the game is a great idea. It would be more fun than Judge Judy. I think that the NRL should offer refs an extra 20% pay but include that requirement in their list of duties, just like coaches and captains. I guarantee you'd be able to sell tickets to such media inquisitions. And to make it even more interesting, let the coaches ask some of the questions.

Careful....it could be a major sneaky play by the storm. To lull us into a false sense of security.

Though slater may have picked a better way to go about it. lol...ow
Lol
Maybe the Canberra guy could use this defence at the judiciary.
He should turn up in a sling.
Dirty scheming storm.

If Slater had not slipped it would just have been a late hit,remember Smith arguing with the ref when McLean was made a paraplegic,grubs in purple

Can you believe the hype on Fox... crossing for an exclusive on the Cameron Smith Injury...who gives a fark...never happens any other week. Pls Fox dont get like Channel Nein do

The NRL have just announced that they are appointing a new official to the "Special Players Injury News Team" (SPIN Team) to provide hourly updates on the injuries to Smith and Slater.

To complement the NRL position, channel Nein have also announced a new appointment to their "Coverage of Really Awesome Players" team. The new CRAP journalist will present segments on "Cam" and "Billy" in each of the network's news bulletins. "Sam" and "JT" will also be assigned a CRAP journalist to provide appropriate coverage for their legion of fans.

Mon, Jul 24, 2017 - 06:00AM
Matt Encarnacion⁠‌, ‌AAP

Melbourne have dodged a bullet with skipper Cameron Smith's chest injury suffered against Canberra on Saturday not as severe as first thought.

In fact, the veteran hooker is even a small chance of playing in the Storm's next NRL match against Manly on Sunday.

Personally, Slater is RIGHT up there in my pantheon of most hated players...(they are getting fewer, as people like Crocker, Hodges etc retire). But I do remember him stopping play and cradling Wolf's head, when he broke his neck. Gives him one very small redeeming feature in the great list of injustices and foul play he's responsible for over the last 15 years or so.

Even without Smith and Slater (possibly ) it's still likely to be very very hard for us to win down there. This is a Storm team that if fully fit in September will walk in this years premiership and have amazing depth this year.

And the way we have been ever since that day against the Sharks we cant take anybody for granted - let alone the benchmark team of the NRL still with heaps of great players.

Even so you'd have to be a brave man to tip against The Storm. Our forwards were soft as against The Dragons pack. I can see another hiding coming our way. No Smith and Slater we'll still get towelled up.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8