Snake Interview on Sportal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Couldn't give a toss if he just stood there and grunted to every question asked

All I care about is how he plays footy

Am sure some people aren't happy unless they have something to have a whinge about

As if I or anyone else expected any different.

Your job and your workplace is irrelevant. It isnt the same job or workplace. Its quite obvious your work has no relevance to a media interview Brett Stewart did today. Any comparison you make is not only irrelevant & unsubstantiated but meaningless in comparison..

Please point us all to the bit in the Manly policies manual and the bit in Bretts contract that says he must " smile, put on a nice attitude even if it's fake" and for comedy sake, while your there could you please point us all to the bit that says the "lurker" deems what is and what isnt acceptable as the definition as "professional" and what to say or do in a media event.
Jatz I don't take it personally but you seem to be taking all of this very personally. I just find it funny if you compare say nrl and afl media and listen to the players talk. Whether you like it or not the accessibility of players is a big part of professional sport. It's why they now get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars and up to millions. The salary cap is exploding because of tv deals not because more people are going to the games. Look at the way big willie talks. He's been here 5 min and I already think he's a great ambassador for the club. I love snake as a player but I think he needs to improve his representation of himself.

Snake needs to realise that he is representing a brand. His own as well as the clubs.

Someone should have asked snake and or willie about the Hasson goat photos. would not have gotten an answer....but it would've gotten the point ut there.

(unless no one reads sportal) Surely 2v does!!

OK Bomback. Are you perhaps just tapping into your own experiences of injustices and projecting them onto this situation? It is pretty easy for us Aussies (and perhaps even more specifically for us as Manly fans)

How does holding a grudge 6 years later help Brett in any way, shape or form? Do you seriously recommend he spend his life holding onto anger, punishing himself? And if you don't know what surprised anger does to your physiology I recommend you study and get up to speed. Your body doesn't care whether your anger is justified or not, it creates the same negative cascade of responses.

As I mentioned, I feel very privileged to have watched Brett play over his career. My concern is over him still holding bitterness over the past (IF that is the case). Not because I don't agree it was unfair, but because it just hurts himself and stops him from being an even happier and greater person.
Stop the fight-HK by K.O
We all love Brett, and having met him a few times he is a lovely guy!!! It's the sooky **** that bugs me.
Sorry Jatz. Yes, as a modern professional sportsperson (and to justify the bucks he is making) then yes, part of his job is how he presents himself to the media. That's not necessarily written into a contract, that's common sense of understanding the politics of how professional sports works.

As for "playing the victim" isn't that exactly what we are suggesting BS shouldn't do? But you want us to imagine what poor Brett has suffered as if nobody else in this world has also suffered injustices. Injustice and mistakes are part of life, how you respond to them determine the person.

I will repeat this once more as you may actually read it and consider it for a moment. I empathise for what Brett went through and I understand the feeling of injustice involved. That said, for his own sake (not mine and not yours) I wold hope he resolves any grudge and moves on.
i think your banging your head against a brick wall with this guy, seriously. Your points are well made and concise. The bandwagon off hatred over Brett's injustices seems to just roll on and on with some .

but @Wombat Legacy I thought snake was the only person to have bad stuff happen to them.......ever. It just seems so wrong to move on with life after something bad happens*

Snake is snake. He went through crap and he is dealing with it the way he is. If he was my brother or my mate I would be able to comment on his attitude but I don't know the guy personally. Although he does come across as petulant. As a manly fan I can understand this but there are plenty of dickhead fans of other teams out there who still don't know the truth of his innocence and how badly he was portrayed in the media. So I can forgive him for still being dismissive. But I think that most of us are coming from a place of wanting the bloke to do well be happy and be as loved by the general rugby league supporters as he is by us. And they need to see more from him in the media, we don't. We love the bloke.

And Jatz that was a low move posting a beyond blue link quoting Ryan's post. It diminishes mental health to some type of stigmata and you can't justify that. If you were genuine in your concerns as you pathetically tried to prove you would have PMed the bloke but you are playing school yard games. Ryan does have a whinge about things from time to time but so do we all. He puts his points across pretty well I think even if I don't agree with them.

Who are you blokes to judge how he has moved on with life ? Do you know him personally ?

If there are some journos he has no time for, that is his right and he can respond to them whichever way he sees fit. Imagine the amount of **** he would hear every away game in the ingoal infront of each sides redneck supporters, which a lot of stems from the lies these pricks wrote destroying his character

Enjoy the game ,follow Manly & enjoy some banter.
If all the offseason happenings are tugging at your heart
strings too much ,to the point of giving up on Manly altogether.
Its probably time to step back ,take a deep breath, & reinsert one.

Not having a dig at you personally Lurker....because in some respects your are correct.
For me that would mean minimising stressful situations (where possible). Hence don't do extra gigs.
Trouble is (as mentioned above) there is no "one size fit's all" especially when it comes to your mental health.
PTSD is a great example....should we only choose to respect a returned soldier and tell a victim of crime to harden up ? ...In the end they both suffered loss !
K sorry @Andrew.. I wasn't getting deep and meaningful I just think its funny that some people think modern sports people don't have an obligation to interact with the media. I was being facetious. I'm sure brett had a horrible time but I also think it isn't healthy to bottle it and ultimately it is affecting him more than anyone else. I'd like to see him do well for himself and I don't see it as a great look if I was a sponsor. At times he's great. when he talks about diabetes I think he is a fantastic ambassador its just a shame he doesn't always bring that attitude. that was all.

K sorry @Andrew.. I wasn't getting deep and meaningful I just think its funny that some people think modern sports people don't have an obligation to interact with the media. I was being facetious. I'm sure brett had a horrible time but I also think it isn't healthy to bottle it and ultimately it is affecting him more than anyone else. I'd like to see him do well for himself and I don't see it as a great look if I was a sponsor. At times he's great. when he talks about diabetes I think he is a fantastic ambassador its just a shame he doesn't always bring that attitude. that was all.

All good...my response was over the top and I deleted it.

Why do the club bother using him as a front man given his rancorous relationship with the media ??

If Brett isn't comfortable in that role then why "force" him into it ?? It just reflects badly on all parties. Perhaps there are contractual obligations involved, I don't know enough about those things to comment. I can understand his attitude though, you wouldn't wish what he went through on anyone.

Does his talking on the field. That's enough for me..... Oh yeah that's right. Still a legend*.
*Yes. I am a one eyed broken record.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6