Snake is possibly leaving Manly.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Darren said:
agree Mick, wonderful organiser and we always look comfortable with him at fullback. Huge loss if he goes!! Look, he ain't a 500k standout anymore but surely 350-400k will keep him.

I agree but on $350k he might have difficulty seeing why Foran is being paid double and DCE $200k a year more.

not a bad point, how much should Snake, Gift, Watmough, Lyon etc be expected to receive less than the overpaid amount we gave the halves.

These guys might be nearing the latter part of their careers, but the 2 halves would not have won a GF nor played as well in a team only just making the 8 or worse, which is what has largely seen their price increase.

we overpaid for the halves unless the salary cap goes up enough to pay other senior members as named above.

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Darren said:
agree Mick, wonderful organiser and we always look comfortable with him at fullback. Huge loss if he goes!! Look, he ain't a 500k standout anymore but surely 350-400k will keep him.

I agree but on $350k he might have difficulty seeing why Foran is being paid double and DCE $200k a year more.
Ernie I know you are normally close to the mark on this stuff but I was told by a board member that brett is on 450k this year that was back when the media we're running with the story he wanted 2.4mil for 4 seasons. I really doubt he is being offered 350 a season on his next contract especially after several independent 3rd parties have been put in touch with his manager.(quoting Peter peters back in April).

Cameron said:
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Darren said:

Ernie I know you are normally close to the mark on this stuff but I was told by a board member that brett is on 450k this year that was back when the media we're running with the story he wanted 2.4mil for 4 seasons. I really doubt he is being offered 350 a season on his next contract especially after several independent 3rd parties have been put in touch with his manager.(quoting Peter peters back in April).

Cameron I dont know how much he is being offered. Darren was speculating $350k. I expect he will want more than his current $450k but I'm not sure if there are counter offers from other clubs and I'm expecting he probably wont end up on as much as DCE.

Like you say Cameron it will be interesting how much Killer and Gift will expect next year to resign. They couldn't be offered less than Foran. Could they ?

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Cameron said:
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Darren said:

No Cameron I dont know how much he is being offered. Darren was speculating $350k. I expect he will want more than his current $450k but I'm not sure if there are counter offers from other clubs and I'm expecting he probably wont end up on as much as DCE.

Like you say Cameron it will be interesting how much Killer and Gift will expect next year to resign. They couldn't be offered less than Foran. Could they ?

Cheers Mate.

Jamie would be the one I'd be concerned about losing. I think if we resign Brett we will keep Glenn.

The Who said:
Aetna said:
The Player Agents think he is a joke & love using him as a tool through the media to get more money for it's players.
Manly should stick to it's guns & not increase Brett Stewart's pay. His brother is worth more at the moment. They all want to suck the salary cap out of Manly. They know there is more available with T-Rex going to the Campsie K9's.

Who are you saying is a joke? Please explain?
Sorry about that. I was talking about Weidler.

mickqld said:
Snake is no joke he is vital to our team. His organizational play is probably more important than anything else these days. He is as good at organizing our defense as Ridgy was it's just that aspect of a player is unseen and so not thought of as much. Of players importance to our team I would rank
1. Lyon
2. Gift
3. Snake
4. Foz
5. Choc
6. DCE
7. Matai
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I was talking about Weidler as the joke & not Brett Stewart. Brett's agent is using Weidler & the media to suck more of the Salary Cap out of Manly now that T-Rex is gone in 2013.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6