Snake out for the season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Prince deserves to go out in a better way than this. Bad knees is something that he has battled with for most of his career ~ and this, along with his diabetes and Legal battles, serves to emphasize what an achievement his NRL, SOO, WCC appearances have been. The best one club Manly player ever. I, for one, sincerely hope he recovers and gets an opportunity in the ESL to play alongside Glen, and they finish as they started. He's only 31, it should be possible. How old is Matty Bowen ?
Beaver lasted a few seasons of esl.

Killer's last game at Brookie against the Raiders is looking to be even more poignant and historic. By that time I'm predicting that Snake and Matai will have announced they're moving on and we'll be seeing a farewell lap of the last of our greats from the decade of dominance/2008 & 2011 grand finalists. Won't be a dry eye in the house. You'd be mad not to be there!

Killer's last game at Brookie against the Raiders is looking to be even more poignant and historic. By that time I'm predicting that Snake and Matai will have announced they're moving on and we'll be seeing a farewell lap of the last of our greats from the decade of dominance/2008 & 2011 grand finalists. Won't be a dry eye in the house. You'd be mad not to be there!
They'll have to lock the gates !!!

100% agree and in the process we would hurt the raiders top 4 aspirations.

I will not be missing this game.

don't fool yourself @Turbo just because we free up some coin, does not guarantee a big money signing. In fact, I HOPE we do not have a big money signing at all.

Priority #1 should be to review the existing contracts of key, young players to ensure that they don't every consider leaving our club. the Turbo's, Ferris et al should receive upgrades where required. This will build their faith and confidence in our club management, and make them the torch bearers of the culture. This would have a far greater impact on club culture than to have some turn-coat return for $700k per year

We already have a marquee player - his name is DCE (in theory the Turbo's are also marquee level, along with Walker). Why splash MORE cash on an injury prone player?

No - instead we should focus on depth and reliability. $250 - $350k players who are absolute 'bankers' in terms of what they deliver.

Just my opinion - but honestly, I wouldn't waste money on marquee players. you need to grow your players and your club culture from within to be truly successful.

don't fool yourself @Turbo just because we free up some coin, does not guarantee a big money signing. In fact, I HOPE we do not have a big money signing at all.

Priority #1 should be to review the existing contracts of key, young players to ensure that they don't every consider leaving our club. the Turbo's, Ferris et al should receive upgrades where required. This will build their faith and confidence in our club management, and make them the torch bearers of the culture. This would have a far greater impact on club culture than to have some turn-coat return for $700k per year

We already have a marquee player - his name is DCE (in theory the Turbo's are also marquee level, along with Walker). Why splash MORE cash on an injury prone player?

No - instead we should focus on depth and reliability. $250 - $350k players who are absolute 'bankers' in terms of what they deliver.

Just my opinion - but honestly, I wouldn't waste money on marquee players. you need to grow your players and your club culture from within to be truly successful.
And we also going to need a 5/8 I honestly don't care if foz comes back but I know bozo wants to bring Foran back I'd rather us buy some reliable players like green.

Bellamy does much the same thing, but as he has no juniors he just uses the Q Cup for his supply, and just fits them in and tells them what their role is and seemingly (year after year) they just do it to a tee.

I can't stand the prick BUT you have to give him credit for what he does.

I would concur about the not spending the bank on one or two high profile players BUT, we are losing Killer (I'm counting on us having Snake/Skivvy or at least having to pay for them) and we don't exactly have a high flying Under 20's or Reggies side to promote from so I think @Turbo may well be right that we might need to at least buy a decent 5/8 (yes Green might well do the trick for a year or two), and that is based on the fact that we will have both of the aforementioned players in 2017.

If they both decide to retire, or move on and as such free up another million dollars we could look at a decent centre to partner Walker, and yes @Harmless27 upgrade a few contracts to keep our young stars long term.

Related article:

Manly Sea Eagles veteran Brett Stewart booked in for knee surgery
July 11, 2016 - 8:38PM
Matt Encarnacion

Manly veteran Brett Stewart's future in the NRL is in real doubt after he was booked in for knee surgery that has ruled him out for at least six weeks.

It is devastating that like Gift, Snake and Matai may not finish their Manly careers on the field

Would love to see then run out one last time at Brookie

Hi All,
im going against the grain here, i think the "knee surgery" is a convenient way to hang up the boots instead of being dropped because of poor form or being shown the door 1 year early on his contract. what his space, he will announce retirement or release from the final year.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6