Snake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
I thought it was worth highlighting that this is the best try scoring season for Brett Stewart since 2008. He is one try in front of his 2011 tally of 15 (his next best season since 2008).

Well done Snake on recapturing your best try scoring form years after your peak period and post some pretty serious injuries that hampered your pace!

Whenever theres a get out of jail card - no player is coincidently on the end of the winning play than the Snake - not since that last gasp try against the Tigers have I dived around the room celebrating like that - aaah maybe Wolf in the corner against Brisbane for the late steal....
Not sure anyone else noticed but prior to THAT try, Lyon picked up a loose ball & went up the sideline to halfway - if he split the defenders witha pass none other than Snake was AGAIN on the spot!!
Got to agree, the bloke is a freak & has wound back the clock - any speed lost, has been gained between the ears & his positional play is the best in the NRL- that includes defensively.
IF Manly are to have a crack at the 2015 title, theres no doubt he is still the man to get it done.

How many doubles has he got this year ? 5 or 6 ? He's in good knick

Hes looking really good and has been our most consistent back this season. I think the Snake is going to cause plenty of headaches for opposition teams over the next few weeks.

Even when the team was out of form, Snake wasn't. :*
His link play, his beautifully timed passes, defence, support play, all top notch. He is STILL hungry for tries make no mistake. 162. Can't wait to see him go past Terry Lamb & Ettingshausen. I'm sure his presence still gives his team mates the confidence to believe MMWSE can win the big one, should we get that far. Surely Daly M fullback of the year.

no doubt it's been said numerous times on here but he is something else. Manly have had a knack of nurturing talent over the decades but his instinct, passing and positional play is unique when you take a look around the comp. I've told my son to make the most of what is left at Manly, including Brookvale Oval.. Snake, Lyon, Matai... he/we have been spoilt the last few years.

How many doubles has he got this year ? 5 or 6 ? He's in good knick

Sunday was Snake's 6th double of the season. The others were:

Rd. 2 vs Melbourne (Brookvale) - 24-22 win
Rd. 9 vs Newcastle (Brookvale) - 30-10 win
Rd.10 vs Penrith (Brookvale) - 10-11 loss
Rd.15 vs Wests (Brookvale) - 30-20 win
Rd.20 vs NZ (Mt Smart) - 32-12 win

Unfortunately I suspect you are correct, although I'm sure a Snake 2015 highlights package would put a package of any or all of those pretenders to shame.

I'd love to agree, but without a signature "goanna crawl" try celebration, and not being Slater, Moylan or even Darrrrrius..... Snake will get overlooked :(

I suspect you may be right, but I doubt the Dally M organisers could come up with a highlights package for any (or even all) of those pretenders that would stack up favorably next to Snake's 2015.

Whenever theres a get out of jail card - no player is coincidently on the end of the winning play than the Snake - not since that last gasp try against the Tigers have I dived around the room celebrating like that - aaah maybe Wolf in the corner against Brisbane for the late steal....
Not sure anyone else noticed but prior to THAT try, Lyon picked up a loose ball & went up the sideline to halfway - if he split the defenders witha pass none other than Snake was AGAIN on the spot!!
Got to agree, the bloke is a freak & has wound back the clock - any speed lost, has been gained between the ears & his positional play is the best in the NRL- that includes defensively.
IF Manly are to have a crack at the 2015 title, theres no doubt he is still the man to get it done.

Probably still, our most valuable player

And he has missed out on several others by the perennial blade of grass this season:

One against the Dishlickers at Brookvale - disallowed, probably would have led to a Manly victory;
A third try against Penrith at Brookvale - ditto;
Another in the dying moments at Brookvale vs Cronulla - good for the for and against; and
The same again in Auckland a few weeks ago.

Any I have missed?

Going better than I expected.

The body looked to be failing him but this year he has turned it around.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8