So, you still want to sack Barrett?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Three good games does not make a coach. I'm leaning to the optimistic side right now, but I would swap him for Cleary in a heartbeat.
3 wins but what type of wins were they ?
4 tries to one against the Cows at Townsville
Mauled the Dogs and kept them scoreless by 36- ponts to nil
But wait ...
Theres more ....
Defeated the NRL heavy weights and premiership favorites on their home ground
If you cant see Clearly how good our Sea eagles are going then put on your pacemaker on and go and follow Cleary at the Tigers in a heartbeat .

big_410219_1459575321.jpg

Last edited:
I just don't get Cleary, he has had 2 teams with plenty of talent and juniors ghalore to choose from but only once been able to make a GF and has never won a premiership as coach in 10 seasons.

Making the 8 is the goal this year but next year on its the premiership and Cleary has no runs on the board there.
ANY coach that can get the Warriors to a GF is a genius & will excel with our roster.

Personally no suprise that Barrett can coach
Had several threads stating this since last year when he was appointed
The 1 area I did question (guilty)
After games did not seem fired up enough and tended to rerun excuses about injuries and stood by efforts I viewed as ordinary....his ability as a modern day coach is respected by the most important ppl - the players.

I really don't get the Cleary love. 47% winning record making the finals 50% of the time. Im not saying Barrett is the next Bennett or even going to be great long term coach but if you think Cleary would have done any better last year you are kidding.

I don't rate Cleary as coach but Barrett made alot of rookie errors last year

I don't rate Cleary as coach but Barrett made alot of rookie errors last year

No doubt. And he was a rookie, so you would expect those errors. But in my opinion with the injury toll and lack of depth he did have very few options. In my view we did not miss the finals because Barrett was our coach.

IMO Barrett gained 5 years coaching experience in one year. Made plenty mistakes but corrected them, ridiculous injury toll, players filling in out of position, tinkering game plan to compensate along with massive player overhaul both off seasons. No secrete he done it tough but you can see he loves the team playing footy and chancing their hand. As a supporter its entertaining to watch and finally see what he wants the team doing. Very exciting times to be a Manly supporter!!

Pretty easy to be a cool coach with a mastercoach in your corner.
If TB is being tutored by Bozo it is paying dividends.
I am loving whatever has happened

You have validated the OP but saying "this year first 2 were more of the same".

all this tells me is you don't look at anything but the scoreboard

The match against Parra was far from more of same, our defensive pattern had changed, we held out 6 repeat sets at one stage, hardly more of the same. Sure we were beaten by a better side in round 1 but it was hardly a poor showing and looked nothing like last year.

Even the bunnies game didn't look 2016, we werent getting beaten in structure we were jsut missing lots of one on one tackles. Walker had a Barry. It was 18 all at the 60th minute before we droped our bundle.
This tells me you only looked at one line in my entire post.

lol not all of them are about TB

The players have turned this around by the sounds of it going by interviews and media not TB:)
The media would not know the difference between **** and clay.I have been involved with them for over 30 years and believe me they can make up some crap.You would swear they are doing the coaching the way they go on.Trents doing a fine job and will continue to do a fine job and so will our players weather we win or lose.Even last year he helped keep everything together and surely that must stand for something.I am not one for putting the boot into good people.Dont forget the players have to turn it around otherwise they will end up without a job also so it works both ways.That is pretty well obvious.

Point is, that the wise heads were telling the butthurt in 2016 that no coach could instill structure or do well with a different team each week let alone a different spine each week and key players either injured or unable to train during the week. But to no avail .... the old chestnut, "no excuses" was chanted like a mantra for the demented.

What has changed in 2017 .... same spine 5 weeks in a row, with only two exceptions the same team 5 weeks in a row, and all players able to train and run drills during the week.

And praise the lord! we have magically acquired structure, team work and spirit. Must just be luck.

I feel like i am getting sucked into an argument with a drunk, but here goes. Are you seriously referring to yourself as a "Wise Head"? Who anointed you as an expert on all things to do with our club? A couple of good wins back to back and you and your cronies are jumping around and shouting from the rooftops that you have been vindicated, justifying your support of Barrett. I will concede that the team has no doubt shown something special in the past few weeks but get some perspective @Woodsie it has been 3 wins. They were 3 amazing wins against strong opposition and i'm very happy with the way they look. But 3 wins do not suddenly turn you from a below average coach into Jack Gibson. I don't want to always be a pessimist, however if you remember back in 2015 and Paul McGregors second season he also hit a nice purple patch of form with his team. winning 8 times in 9 rounds then losing 7 straight. They limped into the finals that year and lost. The following year he didn't make the 8. The Dragons are happily mediocre now just like the Raiders were for years under Furner. So get off your high horse and just let the rest of us enjoy the couple of wins without having to listen to a bunch of children raving on about how they told us so and how they think they are extra smart "Wise Heads" because they supported Barrett. Still plenty of games to go but I hope we have turned the corner for keeps. If we manage to stay competitive, structured and playing the way we are at the moment, I will be well and truly leaving Barrett alone. Save your early crowing for after we win a GF, when that day comes I will gladly take "We told you so" posts from you and your cronies. Till then STFU!

I feel like i am getting sucked into an argument with a drunk, but here goes. Are you seriously referring to yourself as a "Wise Head"? Who anointed you as an expert on all things to do with our club? A couple of good wins back to back and you and your cronies are jumping around and shouting from the rooftops that you have been vindicated, justifying your support of Barrett. I will concede that the team has no doubt shown something special in the past few weeks but get some perspective @Woodsie it has been 3 wins. They were 3 amazing wins against strong opposition and i'm very happy with the way they look. But 3 wins do not suddenly turn you from a below average coach into Jack Gibson. I don't want to always be a pessimist, however if you remember back in 2015 and Paul McGregors second season he also hit a nice purple patch of form with his team. winning 8 times in 9 rounds then losing 7 straight. They limped into the finals that year and lost. The following year he didn't make the 8. The Dragons are happily mediocre now just like the Raiders were for years under Furner. So get off your high horse and just let the rest of us enjoy the couple of wins without having to listen to a bunch of children raving on about how they told us so and how they think they are extra smart "Wise Heads" because they supported Barrett. Still plenty of games to go but I hope we have turned the corner for keeps. If we manage to stay competitive, structured and playing the way we are at the moment, I will be well and truly leaving Barrett alone. Save your early crowing for after we win a GF, when that day comes I will gladly take "We told you so" posts from you and your cronies. Till then STFU!

Sorry, what was all that after "I feel I am getting sucked" ......

Lol, can't wait for the usual posters to shoot him down. And please, any "bring back Des", posts, and Im going to throw up!
Won 2 games so far this season... Last season was crap.. Suddenly he's the messiah...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8