Solomona and Gillett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Pretty hot debate as usual regarding Api and Parcell.

The fact of the matter is Api falls short in only one area; passing. Now granted its crucial to playing 9 but Parcell falls short in every area BUT passing. The pros outweigh the cons in this argument.

Yes api needs to provide better service but I'll take his ticker, line speed, creativity, short kicking game and enthusiasm over Parcell's dish off and nothing more for 80 minutes.

Anyone thinking Matt is the heir apparent to Cam Smith hasn't watched Jake Friend play a game in 6 years.
Mate you should see what all my Roosters mates and their forum have been saying about Friend this year. FYI it's not praise

The fact of the matter is Api falls short in only one area; passing. Now granted its crucial to playing 9 but Parcell falls short in every area BUT passing. The pros outweigh the cons in this argument.

Yes api needs to provide better service but I'll take his ticker, line speed, creativity, short kicking game and enthusiasm over Parcell's dish off and nothing more for 80 minutes.

Anyone thinking Matt is the heir apparent to Cam Smith hasn't watched Jake Friend play a game in 6 years.
Api brings more to to the table and Parcell is fast but that is his only strength IMO, api is very fast himself so Api should be 9 any day. 1 or 2 passes hit the deck? So what. I see that granvilles passing isn't exactly crisp its IMO worse than Apis but he brings so much more to his game. DCE loves the pressure api takes off him with kicking and ball playing.

Parcell consistently made plenty of tackles and his service was immensely better, which is what hookers are supposed to be good at. I got the feeling he was nervous and unsure of himself a lot, he only sometimes took runs or kicked. I feel he just needs to back himself and he'll be a far more dangerous player. I'd take him any day over Api, who does stupid **** and isn't nearly as threatening as some of you think he is. He should make a decent hooker for our NSW cup team, though.

Yeah that would impact his last game for sure; however, earlier in the year he wasn't running much either. I am a big fan of his and expect to see more confident running out of dummy half next year.

Yeah I agree I expected a lot more darts from dummy half. I also reckon the forwards weren't laying the platform early in the year with no real quick play the balls. Despite our poor season I reckon the forwards improved at the back end of the year.

Api brings more to to the table and Parcell is fast but that is his only strength IMO, api is very fast himself so Api should be 9 any day. 1 or 2 passes hit the deck? So what. I see that granvilles passing isn't exactly crisp its IMO worse than Apis but he brings so much more to his game. DCE loves the pressure api takes off him with kicking and ball playing.
We have probably done this to death, but the issues with his passing isn't just the one or two that hit the deck, it's also the other 10 that are above his head, plus 4 or 5 at the ankles - all of which slows DCE down and gives the defence time to get in his face.

Last edited:

The stats don't support Api in Defense - missed 61 tackles this year more then any other Manly player without the matches and game time of others.

So Turbo, would it be fair to say that you rate Api above Matt?
Haha

That last sentence about taking pressure off DCE is one of your best!

Our mate the RLW Mole again

EXCLUSIVE in @LeagueWeek today - @SeaEagles set to make a big late play for @brisbanebroncos star Matt @MattGillett12

The person i get my inside info from Say's we've offered Gillette a 4 year deal, 600k for first 2 years then $700k for last 2 which out does Bronkos offer

Back to the Gillett situation, he won't be going anywhere. His manager is using the likes of us to drive his value up.
Bronks will top him up with a fat 3rd party deal, don't get your hopes up.
I would rather Solomona to be honest. He was unstoppable against us on Saturday night.

Parcell consistently made plenty of tackles and his service was immensely better, which is what hookers are supposed to be good at. I got the feeling he was nervous and unsure of himself a lot, he only sometimes took runs or kicked. I feel he just needs to back himself and he'll be a far more dangerous player. I'd take him any day over Api, who does stupid **** and isn't nearly as threatening as some of you think he is. He should make a decent hooker for our NSW cup team, though.

Amen

I rate Granville better than both.

I think you are forgetting defence - Parcell is way better. Api misses 5+ on average when at hooker (9 in the last game), Parcell is way ahead here.

We have probably done this to death, but the issues with his passing isn't just the one or two that hit the deck, it's also the other 10 that are above his head, plus 4 or 5 at the ankles - all of which slows DCE down and gives the defence time to get in his face.
I agree. It takes up that extra moment that DCE would otherwise have to make a decision. It might be my bias towards Parcell's passing game but I noticed that DCE seemed quite a bit more dangerous with the ball in Melbourne's half even with a winger playing alongside him in the halves.

Gillett would be sensational for our club he is a professional on and off the field. Very tough he misses very few games. Offers great hole running and roles the sleeves up for the hard yards. Worker in defence and is very good at protecting his outside halve. He is as good as any second rower in the comp I'd be happy to pay $600-700 talked about for this man. Considering our roster I'd prefer him over Solomona.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4