Some info about the tipping comp

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi everyone,

I continue to get a fair few questions in regards to the Tipping Competition and how it works.

I have checked, double-checked and now triple-checked the code for any faults and I have not been able to find any within the application, but I need to clarify a few points and get feedback from everyone in regards to this. So here is a quick little FAQ

- I got the bonus tip correct, but didn't get the bonus point
There are two reasons why you would not receive the bonus point for a game.
1 - You have not paid for the tipping comp. Only paid members receive the bonus. This is one of the incentives to pay
2 - You did not enter your tips for the round and you automatically received the away teams. The philosophy here is that you should not be rewarded for failing to enter your tips, and you therefore do not get the bonus point. I will ad an indicator so that you can see if you have a missed tip or not.

- I entered my tips, but it is showing as a missed tip
When you enter your tips you will receive an email with your tips in them. If you have entered your tips after the game has started, it will be marked as "missed" and you will get the away team, no matter what the enter tips page shows you.
When entering your tips, the games that have been cut off are shown in gray.

If you believe there has been an issue with this, you will need to provide proof in the form of the email that you did enter this tip rather than missed it. However the database generally does not lie, and if you have missed a tip it simply is not in the database. There is no possible circumstance where you would have some tips and not others, as they all get entered at once, unless the game has been cutoff. If there has been an insertion error, you likely will not get an email as the tips from the email are drawn from the database rather than from the submitted form. This is done, so that emails can not be "edited" to show something that is not true.

How is the bonus game decided?

I select this at the time of entering the rounds, so it is fairly arbitrary. If I enter say round 15 during round 10, I will pick what I think will be the toughest game to decide the winner at that time, sometimes I pick the Manly game when I think it will be tough, mainly because I know most people won't tip against Manly but I want to tempt you anyway :)

----

I hope this covers most things, if you have any questions please let me know.

Cheers
Dan

There is now also an indicator in the ladder details which shows whether the tip was calculated due to a missed tip

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4