Some interesting selection headaches

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Same. Leary is a plodder and hasn't impressed at all. Surprised so many rate him tbh.
He had that one big game against the Knights at Brookie and we've all been waiting for it to happen again, but it hasn't. He is not awful (although that last tackle option in the first half today WAS), but we have better options.

My full strength team:

8.Trbojevic
9.Ballin
10.Mason
11.Mateo
12.Leary
13.Lui

14.Sao
15.Starling
15.T-Red
17.Horo

While I think Lawrence is a great player, He has left his run too late for this year.

I agree with Lui in the starting side - he is a straight running battering ram who is perfect for valuable metres in the softening up period. Then Horo to run the edges and Starling to keep up the starch both coming on for Mason and Lui after the first 20 minutes. T-Red for creativity and Sao for good metres later.

But where to put Jessie?. He's been massive and I love his enthusiasm. I'd put him in for Sao if anything. Tooveys call. It's a nice problem.

NYEagle

Last edited:
It will be nice to have options to choose from, after watching today, we need Willie back badly. I would leave the back row alone. 3 games left and all to play for, just go for it!
I think today's game emphasises the need to go with Willie for another year even given the additions to our pack for 2016

I'd go:

08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Ballin
10. Willie Mason
11. Tom Symonds
12. Justin Horo
13. Feleti Mateo

14. Josh Starling
15. Brenton Lawrence
16. Dunamis Lui
17. Blake Leary

Missing out:

18. Ligi Sao
19. James Hasson
20. Luke Burgess (injured)
21. Jamie Buhrer (injured)

Why are so any putting Willie in for the Parra game. Didn't he get two weeks?

Yep but facts are not mandatory around here.

Side needs balance and cover for a backs injury so either Symonds or MCK will be in the team for that. Given we are playing well there is no need to ruch Symonds back.

BJ is a fitness thing - how is he pulling up/feeling at the moment? On he and the staff would really know.

If Lui comes in then Leary has to go. Neither have offered too much go forward in the second half of the year but both are good for 30+ tackles.

Tom T for Hiku? Well yesterday we lose. Tom would not have run down Lee who cruised it in 10m clean, he is fast as well and Tom would not have set up Lyons try like Hiku did certainly does not have that much strenth yet.

BJ is a fitness thing - how is he pulling up/feeling at the moment? On he and the staff would really know.

Tom T for Hiku? Well yesterday we lose. Tom would not have run down Lee who cruised it in 10m clean, he is fast as well and Tom would not have set up Lyons try like Hiku did certainly does not have that much strenth yet.
BJ is the fittest player in the club.
Re Tom Turbo: He set up five tries yesterday, plus scored the first. Don't tell me that he can't add points!

Re Tom Turbo: He set up five tries yesterday, plus scored the first. Don't tell me that he can't add points!
In the under 20s, running through teenagers is a hell of a lot different to running through battle hardened men

If Cheyse Blair was playing 20s he'd probably go alright as well

How do you know that?? Maybe last year he would have been up there with Ballin.

But if he had back surgery don't you think that may have inhibited his strength and fitness training?

Not to mention being ready to withstand some of the collisions, especially the odd illegal one he can expect to cop when he runs out for a do-or-die NRL level match.

He'll play NRL when he's ready and we'll know when he's ready because he'll be selected.

He'll play NRL when he's ready and we'll know when he's ready because he'll be selected.
I think that's a first. I've finally met a Manly supporter who believes selectors can do no wrong!
What are we going to do with the thousands of posts about Hasson, Williame and Cheyse Blair now?

I think that's a first. I've finally met a Manly supporter who believes selectors can do no wrong!
What are we going to do with the thousands of posts about Hasson, Williame and Cheyse Blair now?

look out blair was on the bench for NSW cup on the weekend....

How do you know that?? Maybe last year he would have been up there with Ballin.

But if he had back surgery don't you think that may have inhibited his strength and fitness training?

Not to mention being ready to withstand some of the collisions, especially the odd illegal one he can expect to cop when he runs out for a do-or-die NRL level match.

Exactly. How were the raiders yesterday. Hitting Matai on the nose every chance the got. Be dirty if we didn't do the same thou. But u would think we would have got a few penalties out of it.

MCK averaged over 200m per game in the 20's

There are no guarantees, so far Tom has had 1 game where he set up tries, his others have been finishing off from Killer. He is a superstar in the making but yesterday Hiku helped get us over the line in a way Tom would not have.

That's a tough one, they are only online. If they were printed on paper at least you could use them as toilet paper, etc ;)

MCK averaged over 200m per game in the 20's

There are no guarantees, so far Tom has had 1 game where he set up tries, his others have been finishing off from Killer. He is a superstar in the making but yesterday Hiku helped get us over the line in a way Tom would not have.

Spot on. Demetriou is scoring tries at will in the centres for the 20s, surprised there haven't been calls to rush him upto 1sts as well. Imagine the bath Ferguson would give him if he played against him

I'm happy with the way we are bringing Tom T through, only change I would make would be having him playing NSW Cup and have him challenged against men, but I can see why the club would like him playing 20s while they are still in the hunt

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4