Some question marks I have on things

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jatz, I don't discount Jamie Lyon as a 5/8. Like you, I know he'll come good. What erks me though, is that regardless of the 5/8 spot, he is such a damned good centre. Knows what to do. Knows where to be.

Don't know mate.

I also think the jury is out on: Inglis (the best of the moved centres), and Gasnier. I just don't think these moves work, unless your someone like Darren Lickyher

If anything. Our harsh judgements about this 5/8 move should be reserved for Des. I think Des has it right (longer term) but there a many people out there bagging Lyon as a no hoper when i dont think thats the case.

Yep, agree about Inglis/Gasnier. Even Inglis feels he has played poorly at 5/8.

Anyone who suggests that Lyon isn't a gun, class filled weapon of a player is an outright imbecile in my books.

All you'd have to say to these people is: would you rather he play IN your team, or AGAINST you team. They may not admit it, but we know what they are thinking.

I also assume your talking about those fools at LU. Take what they say with a grain of salt. They are spiteful they lost their biggest weapon in attack.

In regards to long term.....I think that Des decision to let Monaghan go, and Burns decision to leave, instutues that Lyon HAS to be 5/8, as there are no other options. That's the only reason I'd say retain him in the spot now.

I dont suggest Lyon isnt a good player he has proven before he is, however he is underperforming at the moment and being very inconsistent, fact still remains he is a proven centre and a very good quality one at that.

I dont suggest Lyon isnt a good player he has proven before he is, however he is underperforming at the moment and being very inconsistent, fact still remains he is a proven centre and a very good quality one at that.

Agreed with absolutely everything here...

I think a stint in premier league might get a few of these guys heads back on order. I dont mind losing a few games now due to it if it helps us in the long run.

So lets flick a few

Matai shouldn't be slotting straight back into 1st grade.

Burns should also be relegated to Premier League if it means Ballin can be Hooker, Monaghan 5/8.

Onward and upward eh peoples !!! If Lyon's going to be 5/8, and Halden or Groom in the team next year, put THEM on the bench as utility to get 10 minutes game time. The games are already mostly won or lost by that point anyway.

Fair enough, if you think Lyon isn't the answer at 5/8th but to suggest Burns is better there is ludacris. Jamie does the same as burns now ans Burns has done for a year and half.. the difference is Lyon will get better.. burns has had a year and a half to get better and he hasn't that's why he is off. We have someone (lyon) now who can fill in at 6 who has the potential to be better than the person who was there (burns).

Perhaps, if you were to suggest Monoghan should go to 5/8th your argument would hold some water (one of dans favourite comebacks)... because monoghan is as good a defender as Lyon and Burns but can also kick long and short, can put blokes through gaps etc.

Burns kicking game is ****, he defends well and can't attack.

Lyons kicking game is equal to burns', he defends as good as burns, he attacks better than burns (we all know he has it in him)

Monoghan has an excellent kicking game, defends aswell as both of them and is an excellent attacker.

I can see monoghan going to 6 in front of Lyon but not Burns.

Matai at centres: I think we have a different side when Matai is in.. he puts starch into our backline defence and he can play like a centre.. if he gets given room he can use it just like any centre and he can put his winger away if he needs too.

Once matai gets back on the field and gets time under his belt he will be a centre for NZ once more.

It's funny i am so much more placid when I am single :)

probably because your ego has yet to reach the point of maturity required to cope with the amount of sacrifice and compromise a loving and lasting relationship with a significant partner requires.

I would be happy with

7 - Orford
6 - Burns
9 - Monaghan/Ballin

You want orford at 7 even though you called him an over hyped over paid smurf in your original post.

Based on those comments orford would be in PL and Ballin at 9 and Monnas at 7.

I fail to see how our backs could do anything against the dogs when our forwards were not getting over the advantage line. The loss to penrith was solely due to an inexperienced centre on the night who should not have been in firsts.

Lyon is just as good as burns i defence and provides more attack than burns. Mattai adds mongrel to the team that we lack and also darting runs from dummy half which monnas doesn't do because he is too slow.

Maninga states that bell should receive his australian jersey this and I think he is a pretty good judge of a player. Des obviously agrees.

At least bell looks like breaking the line and scoring which is more than can be said about robertson who is thrown around like a rag doll every time he takes the ball up. :blah:

Since Bell has had Lyon inside him he has looked twice the player and starting making breaks again, that is enough to show me Lyon > Burns at 6

Also for all the Lyon to centre calls, it is more of a waste playing him at left centre than 5/8 IMO, All his natural play is geared towards the right of the park

It seems like Lyon is the latest bandwagon to jump on for all the fans/media, the new Anasta.

[quote author=Dan]

probably because your ego has yet to reach the point of maturity required to cope with the amount of sacrifice and compromise a loving and lasting relationship with a significant partner requires.

[/quote]

I would actually more attribute it to the lack of sleep but hey, try and try again matas

[quote author=Matabele]
[quote author=Dan]

[/quote]

I would actually more attribute it to the lack of sleep but hey, try and try again matas
[/quote]

:lol: Love the inuendo.

[quote author=Dan]
[I would actually more attribute it to the lack of sleep but hey, try and try again matas

Is this one also a single Mum?

[/quote]

As far as I know she is childless.... but who knows in this day and age, for all I know there are mini-me's running around

[quote author=Matabele]
[quote author=Dan]
[I would actually more attribute it to the lack of sleep but hey, try and try again matas

[/quote]

As far as I know she is childless.... but who knows in this day and age, for all I know there are mini-me's running around
[/quote]

Take ME for example !!! ;)

[quote author=Matabele]
[quote author=Dan]

[/quote]

[/quote]

For all we know you're a steer shooting blanks.

[quote author=Dan]
[quote author=Matabele]
[quote author=Dan]

[/quote]

[/quote]

For all we know you're a steer shooting blanks.

[/quote]

If that were true, it would be open season...and club troppo his hunting ground !!! Hehehe

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8