Some upcoming Milestones

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Two great clubmen will notch up some significant milestones this week against the Sharks. And what better place and time than Brookie on a Sunday arvo to celebrate.

Matt Ballin - 150 NRL/Manly games

What a warrior and what a great player Matty has been for Manly. Not the flashiest dummy half getting around, but ultra-professional, tough, consistent, and as reliable as a Swiss watch. I think Sunday will be his 137th game in a row for the Sea Eagles. He hasn't missed a game since round 1 2008, and the bulk of those games he plays 80 minutes. Impressive. Well known for his defensive capability, it's his unsung service from dummy half that has served our attack so well for so long.

Brent Kite - 200 Manly Games

Who would have thought back in 2005 that this guy would end up playing 200 games for the mighty Sea Eagles ? Not only play 200 games for the club, but set the standard on and off the field that has ensured we have THE best team culture and club spirit in the NRL. One of Manly's best ever signings, and a big catalyst in rebuilding the club from the ruins of the NE disaster to being the premiership force it is these days. From the moment he arrived he has been a cornerstone of the pack and we haven’t missed a top 8 spot since. No coincidence our good form this year is closely aligned with his own. Plenty of accolades for Kitey when he racked up 250 career games last year, and with his signing on for Penrith next year he is a good chance to join the exclusive 300 NRL games club before his career ends. Be great to send him off with another Premiership ring (and another Churchill medal), and if they gave out Knighthoods at Brookvale surely he’d be in the running. Arise Sir Brent.

Get down to Brookie on Sunday and show your appreciation for these two great Sea Eagles.

Chip and Chase said:
Two great clubmen will notch up some significant milestones this week against the Sharks. And what better place and time than Brookie on a Sunday arvo to celebrate.

Matt Ballin - 150 NRL/Manly games

What a warrior and what a great player Matty has been for Manly. Not the flashiest dummy half getting around, but ultra-professional, tough, consistent, and as reliable as a Swiss watch. I think Sunday will be his 137th game in a row for the Sea Eagles. He hasn't missed a game since round 1 2008, and the bulk of those games he plays 80 minutes. Impressive. Well known for his defensive capability, it's his unsung service from dummy half that has served our attack so well for so long.

Brent Kite - 200 Manly Games

Who would have thought back in 2005 that this guy would end up playing 200 games for the mighty Sea Eagles ? Not only play 200 games for the club, but set the standard on and off the field that has ensured we have THE best team culture and club spirit in the NRL. One of Manly's best ever signings, and a big catalyst in rebuilding the club from the ruins of the NE disaster to being the premiership force it is these days. From the moment he arrived he has been a cornerstone of the pack and we haven’t missed a top 8 spot since. No coincidence our good form this year is closely aligned with his own. Plenty of accolades for Kitey when he racked up 250 career games last year, and with his signing on for Penrith next year he is a good chance to join the exclusive 300 NRL games club before his career ends. Be great to send him off with another Premiership ring (and another Churchill medal), and if they gave out Knighthoods at Brookvale surely he’d be in the running. Arise Sir Brent.

Get down to Brookie on Sunday and show your appreciation for these two great Sea Eagles.

Let's hope it's a fine sunny day next Sunday and a big crowd.

Watmough passes Toovey on all time appearance list this weekend for 6th spot with his 239th game for MWSE

Can't wait for next Sunday either!! Sunday arvo footy at Brookie!!

you cant, wait, i just got back from OS for the last 4 months so this is the first game this season

Don't forget to pay tribute to kitey and MB for their efforts in the maroon and white.

@[Larissa] I haven't seen much publicity about Matt and Brent reaching these club milestones. Thought it might have been worth a mention somewhere by the club.

A little video tribute to BK and MB

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Kite-and-Ballin-mark-Manly-milestones/72335

Congrats to Choc on 250 games for the mighty Manly Sea Eagles this coming Monday against the Chooks :)

Well spotted Mals, I was going to update this thread today with a little spiel on Choc. Great effort from a super clubman. 250 NRL first grade games is no mean feat these days, and I think you can safely say that all 250 of them involved 110% effort.

Choc also passes Fred Jones on the all time Manly games list to move into 5th spot overall with 242 games. In 8 weeks he will rack up 250 games for the mighty Manly, putting him in rare company indeed. I assume the club will honour him suitably at that point. You'd have to think that he will be a chance to surpass Cliffy if he stays fit, he'll only need another 2 seasons to become the most capped Manly player ever.

Hope he has a blinder on Monday.

Wow. 250. That is massive. Great stuff Choco. He has clocked that up pretty quickly I reckon. He's gotta be a contender for the 300 club. And for the one club.
A true Manly legend!!!

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
Sir alex farguson man united god knows how many games as coach.Good riddance now liverpool may eventually win a title.

Not a chance. Watch Man Utd win another 5 titles in 5 years. Fergo was getting past it. New blood will make it harder.

Well done Choc

Chip and Chase said:
Well spotted Mals, I was going to update this thread today with a little spiel on Choc. Great effort from a super clubman. 250 NRL first grade games is no mean feat these days, and I think you can safely say that all 250 of them involved 110% effort.

Choc also passes Fred Jones on the all time Manly games list to move into 5th spot overall with 242 games. In 8 weeks he will rack up 250 games for the mighty Manly, putting him in rare company indeed. I assume the club will honour him suitably at that point. You'd have to think that he will be a chance to surpass Cliffy if he stays fit, he'll only need another 2 seasons to become the most capped Manly player ever.

Hope he has a blinder on Monday.

I'm not impressed. Every player gives 110% these days. 120% is the new benchmark.

Choc aims for 120% but he always drops the last 10% as he is about to deliver it. J/K

No match milestones on offer this week. Next one of those will be Killer in three weeks when he clocks over 150 games for Manly against the Warriors. Kingy should have racked up his 200th by now, but injury has stalled his progress. Hopefully he can get back on deck this season and get the much deserved honour.

We have a couple of points scoring milestones on offer this week. Wolfie is currently sitting on 49 NRL tries, so here's hoping he will crack the half century. Also if we have a day out against the Raiders than Killer may pass the 1000 NRL points milestone. He is currently on 982, so only needs another 18 to join that club.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6