Some upcoming Milestones

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Killer clocks up 150 games for manly this weekend and if things go his way he'll also break the 1000 point barrier. He has undoubtedly proven himself as one of the all time Sea Eagles greats and I expect that he will deliver the goods again this weekend as he has done 149 times before.

Good luck Jamie, you've been a dead set legend since day one, so hope the boys can get a win for you.

Congrats to Jamie, can hopefully crack the 200 with us

Don't know if all will agree about since day 1 though C&C, there was a weekly lynching of him for the 1st 6 months on here

I don't like talking up the milestones, invariably we fall on our arses in those games. I would just like a good win

Only needs 14 more points to crack the 1000 point barrier. Here's hoping we see a few meat pies like these this weekend.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlL3ZBqgyTg[/video]

Chip and Chase said:
Only needs 14 more points to crack the 1000 point barrier. Here's hoping we see a few meat pies like these this weekend.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlL3ZBqgyTg[/video]

An awesome talent. For those who claim he isn't fast, have a look at this video. Thanks C and C.

Thanks for the Video - Killer makes last night's SOO look pedestrian :angel:

Wish Manly would announce signing him for life :idea:
-----------------------------------------------------
Lyon to reach landmark Manly Daily 7 June, 2013 John Geddes

CO-CAPTAIN ALSO LEVEL WITH STEVEMATAI IN TRY CONTEST

AS Jamie Lyon prepares to play his 150th NRL game for the Sea Eagles on Sunday against the Warriors, the Manly co-captain revealed he is in a try scoring battle with teammate Steve Matai.

Good mates Steve Matai and Jamie Lyon are in a friendly try-scoring duel.
The fight is on to be the top tryscorer by the end of the year.
“We have played a lot of games together myself and Steve Matai,’’ Lyon said.
“We know each other pretty well and we’ve got a little race on to see who can score the most tries.
“It’s going to be interesting and hopefully we can go down to the wire.’’
The winner will enjoy a couple of quiet beers at one of their homes.

Ahead of reaching another career milestone on this weekend game in Auckland, Lyon said he was enjoying his football as much as ever.
“I’m feeling good, the body is going OK and 150 over in New Zealand is a good achievement and I’m very happy with it,’’ he said.

“It’s a great club and we get on so well on and off the field.’’

Backrower Anthony Watmough came through the first State of Origin OK and he will be right for Sunday.

Snake finally crosses the stripe, after a bit of a drought, to tie up Bozo on 129 tries and equal second all time for Manly. I have a funny feeling he'll get another tonight to go into outright second.

Killer crossed for his 99th career try against the Cowboys. Needs one more to bring up the ton. Should be saluting the crowd this weekend at Brookie I feel.

Choc will play his 249th game for Manly this weekend, one more after that to become only the 5th player to play 250 games for Manly.

Chip and Chase said:
Snake finally crosses the stripe, after a bit of a drought, to tie up Bozo on 129 tries and equal second all time for Manly. I have a funny feeling he'll get another tonight to go into outright second.

He's done the right thing and kept it for the Fortress.

Well done Killer on racking up a ton of career tries yesterday. Also passed the 900 point barrier for Manly.

Snake also went to outright second on the Manly try scoring list with his 130th try for Manly putting him ahead of Bozo.

Next big milestone of course is Chocs 250th game for Manly this coming Monday night. I'm sure the club have some celebrations lined up to commemorate a very significant event, only the 5th player ever to reach this career milestone.

Manly currently sit on 4995 tries in the clubs history. 5 tries required against Parramatta to reach the 5000 mark.
Interestingly, Canterbury sit on 4997 tries. Just 2 ahead of Manly but they have had an extra 15 years in the competition.

Cheers, David Middlebones.

I think I heard on Fox Sports that Kitey had equalled the number of games Bozo played for Manly. Anyone able to confirm what that stat was?

bones said:
Manly currently sit on 4995 tries in the clubs history. 5 tries required against Parramatta to reach the 5000 mark.
Interestingly, Canterbury sit on 4997 tries. Just 2 ahead of Manly but they have had an extra 15 years in the competition.

Manly is only the 3rd club to reach the 5000 try milestone.
Not bad seeing the headstart we gave somr of the others.

ManlyBacker said:
I think I heard on Fox Sports that Kitey had equalled the number of games Bozo played for Manly. Anyone able to confirm what that stat was?

Well Kitey has played 213 games for Manly, so I assume Bozo has played the same then, although his Wikipedia page says 219, so who knows.

manlyfan76 said:
bones said:

Who are the other two sides ?? I assume Roosters and Souths considering they have been at it since 1908.

Not sure where 3rd is from? Maybe current clubs?

Prior to current round;

Roosters (6538), Souths (6307), St.George (5146) and Canterbury (4998).

manlyfan76 said:
bones said:

Those of us old enough to remember when tries were 3 points and goals two, there was little incentive to go for tries when given a penalty.

But still, great effort from Manly to start to catch Souths and Easts with their 39 year head start :p

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6