Something I am going to trial in the offseason

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
1. What's to stop someone lurking and rating based on grudges to get others banned?
2. If person A hides person B's posting, how does person C even know it exists to unhide it?
3. If you wanted self-regulation to be focused on cool, intelligent, logical and rational discussion, then changing the ratings to be based on exposing logical fallacies would be an interesting experiment. i.e. Icons for highlighting character attacks (rather than argument attacks), straw man fallacies, hasty generalisation, begging the question, false dichotomy, etc. For self-regulation to be based on emotional bunfights and vendettas, totally ignore this ridiculous suggestion. Sorry that was a suggestion for the wrong forum.

Dan are you doing some kind of university thesis experiment thing ? And if so, haven't you read "The Lord of the Flies" ?:wondering:
Ah the old school novels. I still feel sorry for the parachute kid every time that book is mentioned. And as for learning about Laika, the dog who died in orbit as a result of a space travel experiment, well that one rocked me.
Move on Nicci. Drink some cement.
Oh by the way, I get sidetracked quite easily.:D
I think the new forum could be fun Dan.
Go Manly!

I'm wondering at the point of it??

Plenty of angst, bickering, arguments on the main forum ( if that's your go).

But whatever rocks your boat!!

Here's a constructive suggestion:
In the forum you're proposing, is there someway you can designate a "back of the toilet blocks" zone where posters can be banished to to biff it out with each other? Although it's sometimes entertaining, many threads are hijacked by posters with bad blood between them. Wouldn't it be good to remove them from a conversation to duke it out while everyone else gets back to the topic? It would be even more delicious if they could be shifted there without them knowing it - i.e. on their screen they appear to remain in the original thread but no one else sees them unless they choose to visit the "boxing ring" to read the circular arguments.

In the forum you're proposing, is there someway you can designate a "back of the toilet blocks" zone where posters can be banished to to biff it out with each other? Although it's sometimes entertaining, many threads are hijacked by posters with bad blood between them. Wouldn't it be good to remove them from a conversation to duke it out while everyone else gets back to the topic? It would be even more delicious if they could be shifted there without them knowing it - i.e. on their screen they appear to remain in the original thread but no one else sees them unless they choose to visit the "boxing ring" to read the circular arguments.

tru dat. when other hijacked through arguing threads get moved to the 'silvertails soapbox' forum, it's amazing how quickly the whole thing fizzles out!

hoo-man nature I guess

or they could just stop acting like a 4 year old

Or ... A cooling off period. Can't post for 24 hours.

And offending posts hidden.

Perhaps offenders can bypass cooling off period if they post they've kissed and made up.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4