Something the players and coach should realise

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NZEaglesFan

Reserve Grader

For you it may be work which is playing a game of League in the weekend, for me it is more than that. Everytime we lose, it feels like a death of a close family member and it takes days for me to recover from these losses.

For me it is no longer just another game, but it is part of my life and all my mates, work colleagues and family associate me with Manly Sea Eagles. When they talk to me, they ask me how my team is going. Even though they know the result they dare not say a bad things about my club.

Are we fans the only ones who feel this passionate about our team or do you think the players feel the same when they lose? Has Rugby league become just work or do players still represent the fans and feel our pain?

If the players suffered such extreme emotional reactions as you they'd never get anywhere. They have to focus on what they are doing, not on the bigger picture. Surely you've heard? 'It's all about the process.'

The only thing the players need to do is enjoy playing - then the wins come :nod:

Their current problem is that they worry about the result and the aftermath and not focus on the match that they're in @:(

Most likely of course varies from sport to sport , team to team and to an individual basis and so on . Just in regard to Manly and on an individual player outlook and mentality , i am sure that most Manly supporters would hope and certainly expect that the players do care about their efforts and performances and strive to do their best. If a sense of self pride and a high level of professionalism is not part of their mindset and outlook , well of course it certainly should be .

For you it may be work which is playing a game of League in the weekend, for me it is more than that. Everytime we lose, it feels like a death of a close family member and it takes days for me to recover from these losses.

For me it is no longer just another game, but it is part of my life and all my mates, work colleagues and family associate me with Manly Sea Eagles. When they talk to me, they ask me how my team is going. Even though they know the result they dare not say a bad things about my club.

Are we fans the only ones who feel this passionate about our team or do you think the players feel the same when they lose? Has Rugby league become just work or do players still represent the fans and feel our pain?

A team of champions doesn't necessarily make a champion team
Creating team spirit , bond, morale , cohesion and passion all starts with the coach .
Like each and every one of us, we may try our best but we all have our limits and the same applies to all coaches
I hope this answers your question feathered friend
bobfulton_wideweb__470x358,0.jpg

What you need to realise is that the players aren't as emotionally invested as the fans. It's just a job for the bulk of them, and apart from a competitive urge to win very few have any more passion than you or I do for our jobs.

I’m dirty after a loss like everyone else but about 15 minutes later I think , “ Mark it’s only a ****ing football game after all”!!

Believe me after the 4 1/2 years I’ve just been through with the loss of my son in law to cancer leaving my daughter a widow and my two grandsons fatherless losing a footy game is nothing!!

But love your passion mate , and we all feel bad after a loss or when our team is going through a bad time!!

I’m dirty after a loss like everyone else but about 15 minutes later I think , “ Mark it’s only a ****ing football game after all”!!

Believe me after the 4 1/2 years I’ve just been through with the loss of my son in law to cancer leaving my daughter a widow and my two grandsons fatherless losing a footy game is nothing!!

But love your passion mate , and we all feel bad after a loss or when our team is going through a bad time!!
Tell this kid its only a game ....
a-young-england-fan-cries-at-the-end-of-the-euro-2016-14671842465989.jpg

I was just trying to show other fans here that losing hurts a lot but I probably should put things into perspective. I too have learnt to deal with the losses better now after my own health scare but I do wish that players realise the Joy and sorrow they bring to our lives.

Having aid this, it does not compare to losing family so I apologise for making such a crude comment. Keep strong my feathered friend.

A team of champions doesn't necessarily make a champion team
Creating team spirit , bond, morale , cohesion and passion all starts with the coach .
Like each and every one of us, we may try our best but we all have our limits and the same applies to all coaches
I hope this answers your question feathered friend
View attachment 8547

And that is the reason we need a coach that bleeds Maroon & White..!!

I was just trying to show other fans here that losing hurts a lot but I probably should put things into perspective. I too have learnt to deal with the losses better now after my own health scare but I do wish that players realise the Joy and sorrow they bring to our lives.

Having aid this, it does not compare to losing family so I apologise for making such a crude comment. Keep strong my feathered friend.

NEVER apologise for being a passionate supporter, lots of us wear our hearts on our sleeve..!!

I know where your coming from . We have all been dealt with pain in life but that doesn't take away the pain when our team loses . It is absolutely gut wrenching coming home after a loss .
Losing though should not drive us from supporting our team. Staying loyal after a loss can give us a big psychological boost. Sticking it out through the bad times will make it feel even better when our team does win the big one once again and that is something to look forward to feathered friend.

100% correct, it is only a game. But there would not be one contributor on ST that doesn’t have their own hardships in life. Sometimes, their team winning is that little ray of sunshine and hope that lifts a person who is struggling with hardship.
I nursed my Dad while he was dying with cancer, and I know we both loved it when our team had a win. It’s not life or death, but it has value that cannot be underestimated.
Well said mate , Sorry to hear about your dad but your a champion son that looked after him till the end .

Not at all buddy it’s just perspective that’s all!!

100% correct, it is only a game. But there would not be one contributor on ST that doesn’t have their own hardships in life. Sometimes, their team winning is that little ray of sunshine and hope that lifts a person who is struggling with hardship.
I nursed my Dad while he was dying with cancer, and I know we both loved it when our team had a win. It’s not life or death, but it has value that cannot be underestimated.

It’s a tough gig mate, all credit to you for doing that!!

I can live with a defeat as long as I see desire and passion in the team. What I see right now is a team that is rudderless and does not have the confidence to execute the plan needed to win games. We need a lot more from our senior players right now, Our halves have been amongst our worst players of late I think the players are upset when we don't win but the thing that concerns me is I see the same errors from the same players week in and week out and nothing seems to change!!

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8