Something USEFUL from the Gov't.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
giphy.gif
Good idea, I’ll look out for s table in the council clean up.

Trouble with the scheme is that its likely not going to be used for what its intended for. Why not pay junior clubs the cost of registration, equipment and sports gear including clothing, for each child who applies to play a sport. That way you've got a better chance that the money will be used to encourage kids to participate in a sport, and not have a financial burden on the parents.

There are various grants available throughout the year clubs can apply for that they can use on equipment, facilities and the like. Most just think its 'too hard' and don't bother.

I do some work with a club who is going to be registered for this program and had a good look at the application process with the treasurer (smaller independent clubs / orgs can't apply until March unless affiliated with a state organisation) So long as the clubs are actually monitored and not upping their registration fees from say $50 to $99 this scheme isn't abuseable from what i can see. The parent applies for the voucher for each child from service nsw, gives it to the club upon registration and the club then claims the cash. To be approved as a provider you need to match the criteria and show proof your registration costs are only rising by a reasonable amount (in line with previous years) if they do, and parents will be the first to dob in any who make drastic changes. They can't also suddenly say the usual $20 rego is now $99 but includes a full kit. So if they do, the club is the loser as they'll be removed and kids will move to one that can accept the voucher. The voucher is only single use too, so if rego is $50, you don't get the other $50 for another sport / activity eg. one summer and one winter sport. So choose the most expensive one any kids do if you are going to claim when it opens.

My understanding is that Australian Rules in NSW pay for the registration fees and equipment for all young players coming into the game. Little wonder they are streets ahead of rugby league

Correct, my grandsons play junior league in Moree.

Apart from all the travel the fees are $95 a year.

My daughters best friend has Victorian heritage ( her father a mad Hawks fan), her boys play Auskick, cost ( including a bus every second week to take them to Tamworth for a carnival ) is ZERO.

It’s my big beef with the NRL, they have totally forgotten and ignored the country areas and within a decade all they’ll play is Soccer or AFL.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10