Somethings wrong .

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Settle petals. Everyone here wanted Hastings as the super sub over brown last season. He's not a hooker he is a very good half. He was more highly rated than lamb and croker was the next big thing at the raiders. We have back depth galore with Parker Anderson Kelly Tafua uate Wright Wright and Funa and Sipley Lane amone that big unit I can't remember his name. Paseka. **** it's hard to post when you've had a couple of iron jacks and looking at the beach. It's all good. We were never going to win the comp 18. 19 and 20 we will be firing.

Walmsley could be a coup but if someone can harness Lussick like 16 who knows what will happen. Just relax, is it raining in the cricket? I don't know because I've been fishing all day.

Off season

We HAVE cap space - we tried to sign Pearce. We either lack actual cashflow to make it happen, and Penn is looking at the bottom line, or we lack the capacity (given S Fulton and J Cartwright are our recruitment team) to attract talent - we seemed to have missed out on a mountain of players.

Sorry to throw more cabbages at you ... but signing and paying players has nothing to do with cashflow or bottom line ... these funds are guaranteed and 100% funded by the NRL.

In fact the big issue is if we do not spend the full salary cap then that money will be simply taken off us.

So if we have $850K left, we had better spend it or forward load some contracts.

PSS If we have space it is not silly to wait til the june 30 deadline ... some interesting player movements possible.

Settle petals. Everyone here wanted Hastings as the super sub over brown last season. He's not a hooker he is a very good half. He was more highly rated than lamb and croker was the next big thing at the raiders. We have back depth galore with Parker Anderson Kelly Tafua uate Wright Wright and Funa and Sipley Lane amone that big unit I can't remember his name. Paseka. **** it's hard to post when you've had a couple of iron jacks and looking at the beach. It's all good. We were never going to win the comp 18. 19 and 20 we will be firing.

Walmsley could be a coup but if someone can harness Lussick like 16 who knows what will happen. Just relax, is it raining in the cricket? I don't know because I've been fishing all day.

Off season
Not raining at the cricket mate . Enjoy ur iron jacks and the beach. Ohh and hope you got a **** load of fish.

Sorry to throw more cabbages at you ... but signing and paying players has nothing to do with cashflow or bottom line ... these funds are guaranteed and 100% funded by the NRL.

In fact the big issue is if we do not spend the full salary cap then that money will be simply taken off us.

So if we have $850K left, we had better spend it or forward load some contracts.

PSS If we have space it is not silly to wait til the june 30 deadline ... some interesting player movements possible.

It will be forward loaded pending the impossible happening (a signing)

Whats the problem with attracting talent sime ? So do you think we were blown away with all offers . I still smell something not good . The roosters can sign Tedesco , cronk and with all the other players on big coin no question asked . Yes they released Pearce but are still buying up .
Panthers only released Moylan because they were getting a swap deal with Sharks for Maloney. We had no chance with the 1.2 million panthers were putting in him. Pearce almost came but decided a change to Newcastle is what he wanted and more dollars and longer contract. It happens. Not worried. Have the money and plenty of stars becoming available. We have a decent side now a young side and good juniors. We are in a good position. We will sign the right player. Some things happen for a reason. Roosters have released a lot of players and rumours more on the move so i dont think they are over the cap with tpas as much as people think.

I do think that once this Mickey mouse world cup is done that we may see signings for the club. I think the club is keeping its powder dry and ensuring that we keep the nucleus of our good juniors and lock in players like the Turbos, Dylan Walker, Api and others who are some of our key players right now.

It is true that we are not competing with some of our rivals in relation to third party payments and we are not getting the support from the NRL that other clubs enjoy.

We were once a power when it came to how the game was run and now our influence is minimal. What we must do is get our act together and Lyall Gorman as CEO is a good start. We need leadership and stability to move forward, we need a decision one way or another about what is going to happen to Brooky oval and we most importantly need to know the outcome of the investigation of this salary cap probe so the club can deal with the outcome of it and we can have some clear water moving forward.

Thompson was also a done deal but we pulled out of it to chase pearce which was the right move imo. Would of been a good pick up. But if we sign players like thompson or even lamb etc, it does eat into the cap and suddenly when a really good player comes onto the market you really want you then might not have enough funds to have a real go. Manly aren't going to rush these signings

Panthers only released Moylan because they were getting a swap deal with Sharks for Maloney. We had no chance with the 1.2 million panthers were putting in him. Pearce almost came but decided a change to Newcastle is what he wanted and more dollars and longer contract. It happens. Not worried. Have the money and plenty of stars becoming available. We have a decent side now a young side and good juniors. We are in a good position. We will sign the right player. Some things happen for a reason. Roosters have released a lot of players and rumours more on the move so i dont think they are over the cap with tpas as much as people think.
Yer im not saying our side can't do something im actually quite happy with our team if you go through it , and also happy if Hastings plays in the halves .Abit bewildered by the whole situation really , all good .

Thompson was also a done deal but we pulled out of it to chase pearce which was the right move imo. Would of been a good pick up. But if we sign players like thompson or even lamb etc, it does eat into the cap and suddenly when a really good player comes onto the market you really want you then might not have enough funds to have a real go. Manly aren't going to rush these signings

This is about the 5th time I have read that "we pulled out of the Thompson etc etc"

Is that a known fact or one of those Silvertail myths?

We HAVE cap space - we tried to sign Pearce. We either lack actual cashflow to make it happen, and Penn is looking at the bottom line, or we lack the capacity (given S Fulton and J Cartwright are our recruitment team) to attract talent - we seemed to have missed out on a mountain of players.
Clubs are compelled to spend around at least 85-90% of their salary cap, so it wouldn't be a case of Penn looking at the bottom line.
I imagine we had to substantially backend the contracts of Walker and Tapau as they joined us rather late and unexpectedly, plus the upgrade for Jake and Tom and possibly Fonua -Blake, as well as paying the full salary of Uate, Perrett. Sironen and Hastings.

Off season
Quick update , raining at the cricket ole mate . You can keep fishing and drinking.

Panic panic panic.

giphy.gif

Some really need to get a grip. We have a great young squad. A very good selection of of players. A fantastic new CEO who has runs on the board. A great coach who the players want to play for. An u20s team who are the best in the league. And $850k to spend wisely.
Mate i realize we have a great young squad , a good selection of players and CEO . What i was saying is whats going on with the cap restrictions basically. We seem to be in financial **** after releasing an array of talant and signing fuhc all when other clubs seem to be getting away with it .

This is about the 5th time I have read that "we pulled out of the Thompson etc etc"

Is that a known fact or one of those Silvertail myths?
I read it on nrl twitter, the mole etc. Was asked what is the deal with thompson and was mentioned when pearce became available we went after him instead as needed all the funds we had.

Looking at zerotackle site says dce is on 1.3mil and tom turbo 900k for 2018. I dont know how accuate this is , but if true I believe we are spending overs on em. Dont thk turbo has earnt the right to get so much this early . Could explain some of our cap issues. Just my thought

Comparing us to TPA rich clubs is pointless. It will never be Manly.

Yes we released some talent. We also re-signed better talent. That costs money.
We have $850k in the bank ready to go in addition to this re-signings.

If you look at Penrith, they lost a few and signed no one (apart from a swap). Why, because they have a talented squad and need time to push for a premiership.
We will be in this position as the young squad grows, gets better and demands more money.

Comparing us to other clubs is pointless. Each one has their own cap position, their own TPA setup, front ended, back ended deals etc.

Anyway, each to their own but I like the position the club is in. Sure is a lot better than a few years ago.
Yes mate and i thiink we are in a pretty good position also . Could be 1 or 2 signings better but not bad . I dont think any of us will ever know what cap situations other clubs are in , but ill guarantee some are doing it very well . Each to there own .

Looking at zerotackle site says dce is on 1.3mil and tom turbo 900k for 2018. I dont know how accuate this is , but if true I believe we are spending overs on em. Dont thk turbo has earnt the right to get so much this early . Could explain some of our cap issues. Just my thought

It is right.

DCE is ratcheted up with SC. to 1.3m and will continue rising.
Tom and Jake were reported as a 1.7 package (.9/.8 - t/j) in 2018 for 3 years.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10